Sign in to follow this  
Putin

John Astin

John Astin is 90 years old american actor, voice actor and television director. One of his most famous roles was Gomez Addams in the the Addams family and from 1964-1966. Don't know how his Heath condition is, but maybe a deathlist choice in the future, if he is a big enough name

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Putin said:

John Astin is 90 years old american actor, voice actor and television director. One of his most famous roles was Gomez Addams in the the Addams family and from 1964-1966. Don't know how his Heath condition is, but maybe a deathlist choice in the future, if he is a big enough name

Father of Sean Astin and everyone knows of the Addams Family, so yeah I’d say he is

• Like 2

The definition of someone not deserving his own thread. "Never heard of him" doesn't even start to cover it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

He was also, briefly, the Riddler, on the Batman series, in the 60s. Also, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

The definition of someone not deserving his own thread. "Never heard of him" doesn't even start to cover it.

Sorry to argue. He is certainly famous enough for a thread. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Of course he derserves it, he was in Silence of the Hams!

• Haha 1

He was on Gilbert Gottfried’s Amazing Colossal Podcast last year. He sounded pretty good then. Of course, that was a year ago, so who knows what’s changed since then

15 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

He was also, briefly, the Riddler, on the Batman series, in the 60s. Also, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? OK, he is definitely famous enough then. We're talking Madonna in the 80s levels of fame here.

4 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? OK, he is definitely famous enough then. We're talking Madonna in the 80s levels of fame here.

A good way to measure fame is look at their Wiki and see how many other languages they have an article in. Astin has one in 9 other languages which is quite a lot for an actor.

He was nominated for an Oscar, but his leading role in the Addams Family alone makes him pretty big.

• Like 1

John Astin was in 90s classic kids TV Eerie Indiana. And in me and drols fave film of all time hehehe. He is a proper legend even before we bring up the Addams Family which was fucking huge. Also the riddler, and the only person who could replace Frank Gorshin in that role.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2020 at 05:09, JR976evil said:

Father of Sean Astin and everyone knows of the Addams Family, so yeah I’d say he is

I only read about this recently, so it's fresh in my head, but actually that's one really complicated story. Patty Duke (Sean's mum) had a relationship with Desi Arnaz Jr. (son of Lucille Ball) which attracted a lot of publicity. They broke it off, after opposition from his mum (he was only 17 when it began) and shortly after she discovered she was pregnant. To avoid a scandal, she married rock promoter Michael Tell, whom she'd also been involved with, but it ended almost immediately and she claimed for years that it was never consummated. She married John Astin when Sean was 18 months old (having been in a relationship with him for all of Sean's life) and Sean grew up knowing him as his father. When he was a teenager, Patty informed Sean that Desi Arnaz Jr. was his biological father and the two became close. But then in his 20s, he got wind that Michael Tell might be his father. Patty admitted to him she'd had a sexual relationship with Tell too, and Astin did a paternity test to find out the truth. It proved that, biologically, he was Michael Tell's son.

He has since developed a relationship with Tell too, while still remaining close to the father that raised him (Astin), the father who believed he was his (Arnaz) as well as his stepfather (his mother's last husband, Mike Pearce). As Sean says: "Desi Arnaz Jr. loves me, and I love him. We are so close...Science tells me...that he's not my biological father. Science tells me that Mike Tell is...I can call any of them on the phone any time I want to. John, Desi, Mike or Papa Mike...my four dads."

Anyway, wholly irrelevant really, just an interesting titbit. :rolleyes:

But I agree he's big enough to have his own thread.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

I only read about this recently, so it's fresh in my head, but actually that's one really complicated story. Patty Duke (Sean's mum) had a relationship with Desi Arnaz Jr. (son of Lucille Ball) which attracted a lot of publicity. They broke it off, after opposition from his mum (he was only 17 when it began) and shortly after she discovered she was pregnant. To avoid a scandal, she married rock promoter Michael Tell, whom she'd also been involved with, but it ended almost immediately and she claimed for years that it was never consummated. She married John Astin when Sean was 18 months old (having been in a relationship with him for all of Sean's life) and Sean grew up knowing him as his father. When he was a teenager, Patty informed Sean that Desi Arnaz Jr. was his biological father and the two became close. But then in his 20s, he got wind that Michael Tell might be his father. Patty admitted to him she'd had a sexual relationship with Tell too, and Astin did a paternity test to find out the truth. It proved that, biologically, he was Michael Tell's son.

He has since developed a relationship with Tell too, while still remaining close to the father that raised him (Astin), the father who believed he was his (Arnaz) as well as his stepfather (his mother's last husband, Mike Pearce). As Sean says: "Desi Arnaz Jr. loves me, and I love him. We are so close...Science tells me...that he's not my biological father. Science tells me that Mike Tell is...I can call any of them on the phone any time I want to. John, Desi, Mike or Papa Mike...my four dads."

Anyway, wholly irrelevant really, just an interesting titbit. :rolleyes:

But I agree he's big enough to have his own thread.

Well I never knew all that. Sean has plenty of sitcom material to work with there, would hopefully be better than sentimental gloop fest My Two Dads with Paul Reiser :puke:

• Like 1