The Great Cornholio

Keir Starmer

12 minutes ago, msc said:

Who is the least popular Tory contender with the public? That's my choice for next PM. :D

So difficult to judge though, isn’t it, when the Tories have such a smorgasbord of cuntery at their disposal, and the public are choc full of questionable fuckers too. I mean, the idea of Priti Patel, for example, being PM absolutely sends shivers down my spine, but after things like Brexit, an emphatic Johnson GE victory and so on, who the fuck knows what our blessed public will do to us next?

• Sad 1

On 28/10/2020 at 17:53, gcreptile said:

Well, every prime minister is automatically thread-worthy. We're just being a little ahead of time here.

Hopefully I will manage to make  the Sunak or Truss or whoever thread when BoJo is ousted.

7 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Hopefully I will manage to make  the Sunak or Truss or whoever thread when BoJo is ousted.

Hopefully you won’t.

• Like 1

I just can't see past the Tories choosing Liz "Cracking cheese Gromit!' Truss to replace him. I think Sunak is too ambitious for Tory tastes and his gloss has been lost with the impending cost of living crisis.

The wildcard is Priti Patel, who policy-wise is right up the streets of many Tory members but has proved herself incompetent as International Development Secretary, then (having inexplicably been promoted) as Home Secretary. The thought of her as PM is chilling. I don't think anyone else has the necessary cut through with the public to provide the 'change of narrative' bump the Tories will be looking for. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I just can't see past the Tories choosing Liz "Cracking cheese Gromit!' Truss to replace him. I think Sunak is too ambitious for Tory tastes and his gloss has been lost with the impending cost of living crisis.

The wildcard is Priti Patel, who policy-wise is right up the streets of many Tory members but has proved herself incompetent as International Development Secretary, then (having inexplicably been promoted) as Home Secretary. The thought of her as PM is chilling. I don't think anyone else has the necessary cut through with the public to provide the 'change of narrative' bump the Tories will be looking for. 

So, one problem with Patel is the resemblance to Johnson in dragging a record of shit that's been glossed over behind her. Rank incompetence and bullying to get her way because she can't manage it on talent being a summary of what's alleged and what keeps leaking. Having attempted to keep the Johnson baggage of incompetence and sexual incontinence at bay it may well be the Conservative Party facing an  election and tainted by the idea of hypocrisy in high office would just want someone simpler who presents as able to get things done and manage effectively. Truss had an affair outside marriage but otherwise is rated as politically astute, if a bit too rabidly ambitious, Sunak's family credentials appear solid and he's got a decent record of being parachuted into a desperate situation and delivering rapildy. So, the two front runners likely have enough between them to shut out the other contenders. Re Gove, did anyone see the Viz story a while ago about the fact his face looks weird enough to start with that imagining his cum-face just sends your thoughts in places you don't want to go. 

Official_portrait_of_Rt_Hon_Michael_Gove

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Truss had an affair outside marriage but otherwise is rated as politically astute, if a bit too rabidly ambitious

Well, Truss has had a ringing endorsement from a top-ranking Tory.

78D2DE26-3684-4A83-ACF6-A732C535F6D4.thumb.jpeg.feb80396906ef6f1bb3f376f2d3acc7f.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TQR said:

I'm not sure all that anti-God stuff will go down well with the Tory members... :unsure::lol:

This is indeed a slightly strange thread which is possibly off topic ( dead stuff ) . However....his red face is becoming more red with every passing day of BJ antics . A week or so ago I would have laughed at the prospect of any Labour politician taking the ultimate office , let alone this muppet . But it would appear that this chap may have a slim chance . If so....he is a heart attack waiting to happen....I hope he gets his blood pressure checked every week ? 

2 minutes ago, grobler said:

This is indeed a slightly strange thread which is possibly off topic ( dead stuff ) . However....his red face is becoming more red with every passing day of BJ antics . A week or so ago I would have laughed at the prospect of any Labour politician taking the ultimate office , let alone this muppet . But it would appear that this chap may have a slim chance . If so....he is a heart attack waiting to happen....I hope he gets his blood pressure checked every week ? 

Prehaps he will be the nest John Smith with his successor the Tony Blair 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Prehaps he will be the nest John Smith with his successor the Tony Blair 

As long as his successor isn't Jess Phillips, nobody needs that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TQR said:

78D2DE26-3684-4A83-ACF6-A732C535F6D4.thumb.jpeg.feb80396906ef6f1bb3f376f2d3acc7f.jpeg

How will Boris cope now his close friend has defected to Truss.

If only.   Rory is awesome.

35 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Hot take on next PM:

0_Tory-leadership-race.jpg.c6db6a11da3a2896379a4da728ad5e84.jpg

Rare case of a Tory not being a total arsehole. Would certainly be a huge leap forward in standards from where we are now.

Shame about his lack of membership of parliament. And how he looks like a Nick Park clay fuck up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

Rare case of a Tory not being a total arsehole. Would certainly be a huge leap forward in standards from where we are now.

Shame about his lack of membership of parliament. And how he looks like a Nick Park clay fuck up.

He's not a Tory.  He's been Labour and Tory, but is currently independent.

I've had enough of political parties, we just need good and intelligent people in charge who aren't in it to line their own pockets.

He does look like Wallace though.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Toast said:

He's not a Tory.  He's been Labour and Tory, but is currently independent.

I've had enough of political parties, we just need good and intelligent people in charge who aren't in it to line their own pockets.

He does look like Wallace though.  

He served in a Tory cabinet and he stood for Tory leadership. But sure, he’s not a Tory.

• Facepalm 1

Starmer making one of his best speeches in the commons right now responding to the Sue Gray report.

• Like 3

On 24/01/2022 at 17:50, Kenny McCormick said:

Hot take on next PM:

0_Tory-leadership-race.jpg.c6db6a11da3a2896379a4da728ad5e84.jpg

A couple of by elections for him and Andy Burnham to get back as MPs would rock the boat. 

• Like 1

Deleted

11 hours ago, tomarse said:

A couple of by elections for him and Andy Burnham to get back as MPs would rock the boat. 

I was actually being sarcastic on that post lmao.

Imagine being led by a Wallace and Gromit character xD

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I was actually being sarcastic on that post lmao.

Imagine being led by a Wallace and Gromit character xD

Would it be any worse than being led by a character Mat Lucas abandoned because it was too over the top?

31 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Would it be any worse than being led by a character Mat Lucas abandoned because it was too over the top?

Yeah well Boris is an idiot. There are others that want his spot that aren't idiots, namely people with David Cameron and Tony Blair era policies, who wish to send the country further down the river for their own personal gain. While Boris has been a spineless leader, things can get worse. We have a bunch of politicians in this country, left and right, who believe that authoritarian rule and nanny state policies are the way forward. I mean do you guys really want another lockdown? Just be careful what you wish for.

10 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Yeah well Boris is an idiot. There are others that want his spot that aren't idiots, namely people with David Cameron and Tony Blair era policies, who wish to send the country further down the river for their own personal gain. While Boris has been a spineless leader, things can get worse. We have a bunch of politicians in this country, left and right, who believe that authoritarian rule and nanny state policies are the way forward. I mean do you guys really want another lockdown? Just be careful what you wish for.

Nobody has actually proposed another lockdown.

I think what “we guys” largely want is a complete Gooseberry enema-style clear out of abhorrent, lying narcissists. The biggest step is to remove this corrupt administration we have now; not just the leader, the whole thing, even if the alternative isn’t as promising as it should be.

• Like 4

On 02/02/2022 at 08:35, TQR said:

Nobody has actually proposed another lockdown.

Well we already know that lockdowns can be proposed in a matter of days (2020 Christmas) by the current administration. Only thing is that there are stronger supporters of imminent lockdowns than Boris.

On 02/02/2022 at 08:35, TQR said:

I think what “we guys” largely want is a complete Gooseberry enema-style clear out of abhorrent, lying narcissists. The biggest step is to remove this corrupt administration we have now; not just the leader, the whole thing, even if the alternative isn’t as promising as it should be.

I think everyone wants this tbh, nobody likes being ruled by a narcissistic prick. Realistically speaking, its all about choosing the best of a bad situation (at least right now until we actually identify someone rational stand against this current government).

53 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Only thing is that there are stronger supporters of imminent lockdowns than Boris.

…but there are none. This might well have been a relevant concern 6-9 months ago, but we’re past this ever being a risk now.

55 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Realistically speaking, its all about choosing the best of a bad situation

Enter Blandman:

2B5D3738-00BB-4BFB-B002-A9F0953015D5.thumb.jpeg.fb7ba42fc4c4081ec66128eb901229fc.jpeg