The Old Crem

Tracey Emin

The Controversial Artist has revealed she has been having treatment for aggressive Bladder cancer. While in Remission it stands a decent chance of returning.

BBC

Mirror

Times

• Like 1

She has made her bed and now must lie in it. Or should I say she hasn't made her bed, but still has to lie in it.

The one thing conspicuously avoided in the big Sunday Times interview today (i.e. the piece draws attention to the fact the question wasn't asked and Emin didn't volunteer the information) is her prognosis. Major cancer surgery for sure but she has future plans including moving her home and studio.

Did her doctor say to her on diagnosis ‘I’m afraid urine trouble’?

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Several DDP entrants - myself included - are beginning to suspect the same about our chances of a high profile finish

I recall why I left her off my DDP – I thought it was somewhat suspicious how she only revealed her diagnosis after she had been receiving treatment for quite a period of time. I had imagined that she had delayed the announcement until the point where she knew she was going to survive it, and I was right... for once. Can't say my DDP is going too well this year regardless. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I recall why I left her off my DDP – I thought it was somewhat suspicious how she only revealed her diagnosis after she had been receiving treatment for quite a period of time. I had imagined that she had delayed the announcement until the point where she knew she was going to survive it, and I was right... for once. Can't say my DDP is going too well this year regardless. Oh well.

I put her on my DDP because the cancer looked like it was on an industrial scale and she's the right side of 60, so fairly valuable by their scoring system.

42 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I put her on my DDP because the cancer looked like it was on an industrial scale and she's the right side of 60, so fairly valuable by their scoring system.

I think she was 2nd or 3rd sub for me because I hummed and hawwed about her well up to the deadline. She did seem like a potential sleeper pick at the time.