Joey Russ

The 6th Crowdsource Deathlist (2021 edition)

Man, time flies by really fast, doesn't it? Well, we are on the cusp of a new record for 2020 with 21 dead so far. The question then becomes will the 2021 edition be able to top our current list? We will see, but for the time being let's go over the rules, shall we?

THE RULES

Rules

1. Please send a list of celebrities you wish to vote for to Joey Russ, during the time period of 27th November to the 31st December 2020. The list must have a minimum of 20 names on it, and a maximum of 50.

Please send them by either PM or the Shadow List thread, not by email, semaphore, Morse code, Deathlist live chat, animated corpses, text messages, or any other means of communication you can think of. And you may only submit via 1 of those two methods above, NOT BOTH METHODS! 

2. Your 1st choice will gain 50 points, 2nd 49, etc etc to 50th which will gain 1 point.

3. When the deadline passes, all of the points that an individual celebrity gain will be added together, and the top fifty celebrities with the most points overall will go on the Utterly Unofficial Forum List.

4. Feel free to add substitutes at the bottom of the list, which will only be counted if one of your fifty die before January 1st 2021. If for example your number one pick is such a smart one they die before January 1st, then I will give 50 points to your 2nd pick, and so on until 1 point is given to the first substitute.

5. Do try to make the picks as "Deathlisty" as possible. More Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and less Dewayne "Monsanto Man" Johnson, if you know what I mean. Someone likely to score an obit with one of the major English language news outlets.

6. The deadline for sending in entries is 31st December 2020 at 9 pm GMT. That's 4pm New York Time (31st December) and 8am (1st Jan) Melbourne time to help out non-Brits. This earlier dead line is so there's enough time to complete the list before the new year as well as enjoying some extra time off as well.

7. This is essentially a forum game without a winner. It does however put the long held notion by some that the combined minds of the forum know better than the Committee to the test.

8. Who picked whom will remain anonymous. Unless the person announces it of course.

9. The paranoid probably shouldn't send in their DDP unique hopefuls. Whilst I do not intend to steal them away, it would make no sense: if the person then showed up on the list, their chances of being unique would be very slim indeed!

10. To keep to the Deathlist spirit, only the top 25 ranked celebrites from the current list of Crowdsourced Deathlist 2020 survivors will be used: Alex Trebek, Prince Philip, Jimmy Carter, Bob Dole, Mikhail Gorbachev, George Alagiah, David Gulpilil, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Beverly Cleary, Betty White, Henry Kissinger, Leslie Phillips, Bob Barker, Glynis Johns, Larry King, Rosalynn Carter, Sidney Poitier, Pope Benedict, Dilip Kumar, Tom Smith, Willie Nelson, Harry Reid, Lata Mangeshkar, Joanne Woodward, Jimmy Greaves, Prunella Scales, Eva Marie Saint, Clarissa Eden, Desmond Tutu

Some names there I don’t think anyone expected to be in contention for 2021, but there’s still time in 2020 yet.

10a) Our actual collated list will stick to the "25 from the previous year" rule.

10b) As a result, if our top fifty, after all votes have been counted, has more than twenty-five of the 2020 survivors (named for ease in Rule 10), then the lowest ranked excess survivors will be axed from the list in favour of The Fifty-First ranked celebrity and so on...

10c) Since we don't know if that'll be an issue until I actually do the counting, voters don't need to worry about limiting their personal lists to 25 survivors. It'd be nice if they did, but that's life.

11) Please pick living people. Folk do die before 1st January, but there were a few cases of people dead for a number of years chosen last time. Please do not pick animals, or ISIS prisoners, or kids, or any of the usual no go areas.

Anyhow, enjoy. Or not.

• Like 7

1. :skull: Prince Philip 1618 (6th, 3rd)

2. :skull: Rush Limbaugh 1284 (NEW)

3. :skull: Bob Dole 1262 (5th, 6th)

4. Jimmy Carter 1183 (6th, 5th)

5. Pope Benedict 1082 (6th, 30th)

6. Leslie Phillips 1028 (6th, 23rd)

7. Tom Parker 942 (NEW)

8. Mikhail Gorbachev 932 (6th, 10th)

9. :skull: Leon Spinks 908 (NEW)

10. :skull: Beverly Cleary 893 (4th, 18th)

11. James Whale 885 (NEW)

12. :skull: Larry King 864 (2nd, 27th)

13. Tom Smith 822 (2nd, 32d)

14. Glynis Johns 812 (5th, 25th)

15. Linda Nolan 809 (2nd, -)

16. Betty White 792 (3rd, 19th)

17. Henry Kissinger 777 (2nd, 22nd)

18. Bob Barker 757 (3rd, 24th)

19. :skull: Carlos Menem 742 (NEW)

20. Yoko Ono 693 (2nd, -)

21. :skull: Jimmy Greaves 665 (2nd, 42nd)

22. :skull: Dilip Kumar 664 (4th, 31st)

23. :skull: Captain Tom Moore 627 (NEW)

24. :skull: Norman Lloyd 606 (NEW)

25. Joanne Woodward 604 (4th, 41st)

26. Shannon Doherty 530 (NEW)

27. :skull: Clarissa Eden 529 (2nd, 46th)

28. Olivia Newton-John 527 (3rd, -)

29. Rosalyn Carter 523 (3rd, 28th)

30. :skull: David Gulpilil 510 (2nd, 15th)

31. :skull: Murray Walker 496 (NEW)

32. Sidney Poitier 493 (5th, 29th)

33. Jean Louis-Trintignant 488 (3rd, 16th)

34. :skull: Sarah Harding 474 (NEW)

35. Harry Belafonte 448 (NEW)

36. George Alagiah 429 (3rd, 14th)

37. Prunella Scales 416 (2nd, 44th)

38. Barbara Walters 413 (NEW)

39. :skull: Gerd Muller 395 (NEW)

40. Monica Vitti 381 (3rd, -)

41. June Spencer 381 (NEW)

42. :skull: Dai Davies 350 (NEW)

43. Angela Lansbury 340 (NEW)

44. Queen Elizabeth 336 (2nd, -)

45. Bill Turnbull 307 (2nd, -)

46. Bob Newhart 305 (NEW)

47. Eva Marie Saint 304 (2nd,45th)

48. Noam Chomsky 293 (NEW)

49. Willie Nelson 273 (2nd, 34th)

50. Imelda Marcos 268 (NEW)

• Like 2

Probably should’ve said this when the thread opened up, but while I’m prepping to open up on Friday, you are perfectly fine to try to push for folk to make the list. Me personally, all I need is Ronald Reagan and Peter Falk, and I’m good...

In the sad absence of Deathers/Kinnock/MiracleAligner/CoronationTwat/Whatever he was last time, I’ll pick this one up on his behalf.

Crowdsource Form Guide #1:

Tomasz Schafernaker.

That is all.

F3C85989-08E3-4F06-9900-2DFC55660811.thumb.jpeg.c6a778a9b1817e494c55e2ffa9ea04bd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Crowdsource Form Guide #2

MONICA VITTI

image.png.e7548be00bad7a558f7033fd62fb18e8.png

The Icon of 60's Cinema has had Alzheimer's for almost a quarter century.  In a "how are they still alive" pantheon with the likes of Leslie Phillips and Dilip Kumar

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crowdsource Form Guide #3

André Maranne

F9C64F10-62F1-47AA-BDE5-D781374BD480.jpeg

Turning 95 in 2021, Maranne portrayed François in The Pink Panther films and portrayed other roles in films like Darling Lili and Battle of Britain and tv shows like Fawlty Towers and Doctor Who. According to Toby Hadoke, Maranne cannot remember having been in Doctor Who, maybe dementia or Alzheimer’s?

• Like 1

I'm going to throw  Yoko Ono into the mix as a name members should consider voting onto the crowdsourced  list given recent reports and indications of declining health. 

• Like 3

So because I don’t really have anything to do other than be completely bored all day, I’m gonna open up shop a day early. 
Which means the list is open for submissions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Right, that’s three lists in so far. Not really enough lists to notice any trends yet, although I do note that one of the picks currently have 148 out of 150 possible points already. Which is quite stunning. So until someone inevitably leaves this person off their list, let’s enjoy this great achievement of theirs...

• Like 1

I think I need to add a new rule to this: 

12) If you are a former member of this forum, don’t bother sending in a list. Not only will your list not be accepted for the crowdsource tally, but you will also earn yourself a free report to the mod team, who will then promptly ban you from the forums once again. 

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Right, that’s three lists in so far. Not really enough lists to notice any trends yet, although I do note that one of the picks currently have 148 out of 150 possible points already. Which is quite stunning. So until someone inevitably leaves this person off their list, let’s enjoy this great achievement of theirs...

Will you tell us come 1st Jan who the answers to your teases were?

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Will you tell us come 1st Jan who the answers to your teases were?

If I remember to I will

Five lists in now. That streak of getting near max points possible is over now with that one name is now over as the latest list completely eschewed them. As a consequence of that, they now fall into 2nd with a well known bedblocker taking first. As for third place, let's just say that they are going qualify with far more ease than they did last year onto this list...

Seven lists in, and our top 3 have already crossed the points threshold for last year's list. In fact the top two still appears on all the lists so far and appear to be the dominate ones this time around. Especially 1st place. They got an 87 point lead to 2nd place, which promptly means they'll die in the next few days ala Bush Sr...

Crowdsource Form Guide 6

June Spencer CBE

image.thumb.png.e23acf9d1a2b5b8f8fe26a053d644f00.png

The beloved actress  has been playing Peggy Wolley on the soap opera The Archers since 1950. June turns 102 next year,not many more chances for her to make an appearance on the Crowdsource list

• Like 2

Welp, gotta sub in 129 points for Giscard d’Estaing, who was well on pace to make his first appearance on the list

45 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Welp, gotta sub in 129 points for Giscard d’Estaing, who was well on pace to make his first appearance on the list

Right, points have been scattered down now. Do remember entries are open for anyone who wants to give the host another heart attack have their voice heard for this list. :) 

Alrighty, did the first snapshot of the 9 lists entered in so far, and there’s some interesting stuff so far. There’s some names I’m surprised are making the 50 so far, but this is early days so a few of them will fall down the sofa, but also the list is wide open with so many names gone this year so could be that some names are trying to fill new roles as bedblockers. There’s also a few names I expected to make the list but are doing surprisingly well. However, this is only after one week, and things can massively change especially during the final week. Remember that Sultan Qaboos and John Lewis were able to make it on solely due to last week lists (or 48 hours lists in the case of John Lewis)...

• Like 1

Peter Alliss got 49 points from one list when he died, and as such his points were taken care of. Thankfully no one has even gotten close to the 800 points that will inevitably come up in need of subbing during the last week of the year...

• Like 2

Crowdsource Form Guide 7: "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton

Bobeaton.jpg

Having submitted Kamala at #'2 in every Crowdsource Deathlist to date, I'm in need of another permanently hospitalised wrestler to take up his position in this year's list. Why don't you join me in giving the nod to "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, notoriously the nicest guy in sports entertainment. However, he hasn't received the appropriate karma for his habit of picking up rookies' restaurant and hospital bills, and has had numerous heart issues going back over a decade. In 2016 he was even at the "going lost and wandering around in public dazed and confused" level of illness, so will he be taking the Midnight Express out of here in 2021?

Chuck Yeager was at 32 points total when he died. Oh, this is going to be one of those years where I replace someone every other day, isn’t it?

• Like 1

This is why I am not "Rush"ing to send in a list this early,figure a lot of excpected names won't make the start line

• Like 1