TQR

Punt Pool

On 07/11/2020 at 15:23, The Quim Reaper said:

Rupert Murdoch - BUF, ENP

William Shatner - BUF, ENP

I've always said @BuffaloPhil was a man of impeccable decision making qualities.

Johnny Depp - BOU, GCR

Ok, I understand his recent court case hasn't cast him in the greatest of lights, perhaps with damn good reason. But he doesn't strike me as the suicidal type because of it.

Yet no less than 2 of our more esteemed colleagues pick him? What am I missing here?

Long story short, Huh? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Ok, I understand his recent court case hasn't cast him in the greatest of lights, perhaps with damn good reason. But he doesn't strike me as the suicidal type because of it.

Yet no less than 2 of our more esteemed colleagues pick him? What am I missing here?

Hmm, I dunno if there is such thing as a suicidal type...it could happen?

Also, I must say, Bou’s entry is one of my faves as it’s unashamedly a wish list :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I've always said @BuffaloPhil was a man of impeccable decision making qualities.

Long story short, Huh? 

It's a punt!

Kind of a "why the hell not?" decision. 

• Like 2

Just now, gcreptile said:

It's a punt!

Kind of a "why the hell not?" decision. 

Oh absolutely, All of mine are that as I said earlier.

The are however all over, um, this is the extent of my checking. they're definitely all over 70 and probably all over 80. (with 1931 as a baseline, they can't be over 90, saves me checking that anyway).

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Val Kilmer has cancer and was born in 1959.

I did look into this and found he was now ‘recovering’ from throat cancer after a tracheotomy earlier this year.

EDIT: This article says that, after two tracheotomies, he is cancer free. It’s the Mirror, but I’ll take it for now.

And don’t worry, I shall be double- and treble checking all of these when I knock work on the head in time for Christmas. 

14 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Hmm, I dunno if there is such thing as a suicidal type...it could happen?

Oh I'm pretty sure there are some people more likely to than others. Depression for a start affects a whole raft of folk, some are well known for it, Stephen Fry springs to mind.

And towering ego's don't generally fit it in my view, unless they are brought to the kind of bump stop Jeffrey Epstein was, then I reckon it flips to even more likely than standard depressives when they can no longer maintain the façade (to themselves crucially). Incidentally that same effect may in my view also now apply to Harvey Weinstein and for the same reason.

Who amongst us would be truly surprised if say, Sinead O'Connor did? Even her thread is sub-titled 'unstable'.  

Posted fully in the knowledge that my honorary Degree in Psychology from the University of The Isle of Sheppey may not be worth the paper it's printed on. :P

14 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Oh I'm pretty sure there are some people more likely to than others. Depression for a start affects a whole raft of folk, some are well known for it, Stephen Fry springs to mind.

And towering ego's don't generally fit it in my view, unless they are brought to the kind of bump stop Jeffrey Epstein was, then I reckon it flips to even more likely than standard depressives when they can no longer maintain the façade (to themselves crucially). Incidentally that same effect may in my view also now apply to Harvey Weinstein and for the same reason.

Who amongst us would be truly surprised if say, Sinead O'Connor did? Even her thread is sub-titled 'unstable'.  

Posted fully in the knowledge that my honorary Degree in Psychology from the University of The Isle of Sheppey may not be worth the paper it's printed on. :P

Yeah, this highlights the fact that I worded what I said completely wrong; perhaps what I meant was that there’s not necessarily a type that doesn’t commit suicide. It’s never a 100% safe bet that someone won’t after a traumatic/troubling/damaging period. Look how many happen completely out of the blue; Chris Cornell off of Soundgarden springs to mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yeah, this highlights the fact that I worded what I said completely wrong; perhaps what I meant was that there’s not necessarily a type that doesn’t commit suicide. It’s never a 100% safe bet that someone won’t after a traumatic/troubling/damaging period. Look how many happen completely out of the blue; Chris Cornell off of Soundgarden springs to mind.

Still find that and Chester Bennington's suicide odd.

Did I mention that I'm sure Courtney killed Kurt*?

*no, of course she didn't, don't be stupid.

On 12/11/2020 at 13:35, The Quim Reaper said:

Okay, okay, Russell was admitted to hospital with ‘heart trouble’, so technically may not be a breach of the rules (just the spirit of them). I’ll allow Bill Russell again.

Except I won’t, because no fucker knows him. Oh dear. So unfair, isn’t it?

Another couple of blinding entries, both from American friends of ours. So regarding Creep, as we all know, it’s not the country, just the cunt.

You’re a lying wee cunto.  The man was never admitted to a hospital for heart trouble.  Link please.  He was hospitalised for a single day in 2014 and it was never disclosed what that was for.  Did you decide ‘musta been his heart’?  2018 was dehydration.  Moron.

As I told that pansy who runs alt obits, if he insisted on denying that a Grammy winner wasn’t famous, he’s an asshat and could shove his Deadpool up his arse and could accept my team as is or delete it. 
Likewise I’m making no changes.  Your ignorance shouldn’t be imputed to the rest of us.  Jenny Craig is literally the foremost name in weight loss nutrition.  I’m not giving you another name.  I was right about Russell and I’m right about Jenny.  I don’t need to participate in a DP where the Admin doesn’t know his 23-year old ass from a hole in the ground.  Whether she is known to YOU isn’t the litmus test bucko.  Unless you are a megalomaniac instead of a DP admin.  It sucks that you publicly admitted your ignorance on basic worldly knowledge, but doubling down doesn’t erase a person’s unmitigated fame.  
SirC

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Listen to me please everyone I chat a load of rancid bollocks

TL;DR. You’re not entering. So piss off.

• Like 3

Ah, Dead O’Connor. We have our first non-starter.

See, this game might not necessarily last 50 years!

• Like 1

On 07/11/2020 at 16:23, The Quim Reaper said:

The Masterlist

Des O’Connor - GCR

:sigh:

Ono! We have another triplicate.

• Like 1

25 teams are in now. 107 different names, 15 DQ’d picks, 1 DQ’d entrant and 1 premature death. And still a month to go before entries close. Aww, you guys are great :)

• Like 3

Gahhh, for fuck sake. Die-go Maradonna shafts Newjack and Chorizo.

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Gahhh, for fuck sake. Die-go Maradonna shafts Newjack and Chorizo.

It's only to be expected with such a long run-in.  :(

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's only to be expected with such a long run-in.  :(

Unfortunately necessary; I’m gonna be doing at least 80hr weeks at work until Christmas week, so I’ve no time to thoroughly vet all the picks until then :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Peter Alliss denies Banana and GUN a hit. The selfish bastard.

GUN’s 1st sub William Shatner comes into play, and is now off limits for new entrants. Waiting for a replacement name from Banana.

In other news, there’s just over 2 weeks left to enter! I’ll also be submitting a Punt Pool based DDP B-Team, which will consist of my favourite picks from everyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And BuffaloPhil’s le Carré didn’t make it either. He swaps one John for another, with composer Williams coming in to play.

Hits coming in fast now, so the survivors can be the healthiest fuckers in the world come Jan.

• Like 1

Well I've entered your punt pool quim 

ken.jpg

• Like 1

For those who haven’t entered yet, this is your timely 185 hour warning.

For the 30 brilliant bastards that have, reading this post was a waste of your time and I can only apologise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PANIC. DEADLINE LOOMS. You have just 3,367 minutes to get your entries to me. And that includes you finishing yours up, @The Scottish Evangelist!

• Like 1