TQR

Punt Pool

On 07/11/2020 at 15:21, The Quim Reaper said:

Submit your team via PM to me. Don't post it here. As soon as I’ve approved it, I’ll let you know, and I'll update the master list.

47 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Ben Stokes

Mason Greenwood

Rita Ora

Tom Holland (Actor)

Adele

I’d rather you didn’t post your entry to the thread, just in case some of the names are DQ’d.

Luckily, your names are good. I mean, proper outsiders in terms of likelihood, but good.

PLEASE PM entries to me!

Trying that again incase my last post was invisible.

16 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Nothing to see

Oh don’t worry, your entry was fine and has been added to the Masterlist, but I’m just putting it out there for the benefit of other people who want to enter that their picks should be PM’d in case of any of them being disqualified.

Yours were fine, happily. Thanks for entering!

I don't understand why Alfred Brendel has failed the fame test. His Wikipedia page is over 2000 (correction edit) words long. Here's a FT review of his autobiography from Feb 2020 - https://www.ft.com/content/9948234a-437c-11ea-9a2a-98980971c1ff.

Brendel is one of the most famous concert pianists of all time. I own many of his recordings - especially Beethoven, Liszt, Mozart and Schubert. The man is a legend in his own lifetime.

A truly bizarre and ignorant decision.

14 minutes ago, Kenny said:

I don't understand why Alfred Brendel has failed the fame test. His Wikipedia page is over 200 words long. Here's a FT review of his autobiography from Feb 2020 - https://www.ft.com/content/9948234a-437c-11ea-9a2a-98980971c1ff.

Brendel is one of the most famous concert pianists of all time. I own many of his recordings - especially Beethoven, Liszt, Mozart and Schubert. The man is a legend in his own lifetime.

A truly bizarre and ignorant decision.

Ugh.

He didn't pass three or more of the fame rules, so I put him to my consultants, and more than one of us five hadn’t heard of him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Ugh.

He didn't pass three or more of the fame rules, so I put him to my consultants, and more than one of us five hadn’t heard of him.

That's truly incredible. Read his Wikipedia entry which is over 2000 words long.

Brendel retired a few years ago which explains his recent lack of output.

Presumably, you will also DQ other retired classical musicians and opera singers.

2 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Presumably, you will also DQ other retired classical musicians and opera singers.

Depends on whether my team and I know them, I suppose?

I deliberately made it fairly hard to pass the fame test in the hope that only the biggest names get through. A side effect is that some people are surprised by certain names being disallowed. That’s how it goes I’m afraid!

Team sent. Hope everything is fine.

• Like 1

I've sent in a team of Jeffrey Epstein's beasts, aka "guests", and another of that ilk.

• Like 2

Okay, entries are now closed. 34 teams are in (well, it’d be 35 if @The Scottish Evangelist fucking replied to me and gave me 2 more names to complete their entry; I’ll give them until the 30th)

And later today, I shall pick my favourite entry. Not necessarily the most likely to win, not necessarily the biggest names, but a team that’s interesting, witty, out-there and still plausible. The winner will get to nominate a charity for me to bung a little Christmas donation to.

I’ve narrowed it down to about 10 teams. Stay tuned.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kenny said:

I've sent in a team of Jeffrey Epstein's beasts, aka "guests", and another of that ilk.

I read that as ‘breasts’ and it made your post much more interesting 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there’s a way to attach a poll to this? It’d be good to have a vote for the most interesting team. I’ve narrowed it down to 4:

Bou’s Wishlist: Bono, D Trump, J Depp, P Gascoigne, Prince Charles

En Passant’s Double Dukakis: M Dukakis, O Dukakis, R Rogers, R Murdoch, W Shatner

Death Impends’ Hot 100 Toppers: B Lee, C Francis, D Everley, F Avalon, P Anka

GUB’s ‘Mixing Business With Pleasure’: D Mellor, L Goodman, N Lawson, N Tebbit, S Moffat

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Does anyone know if there’s a way to attach a poll to this? It’d be good to have a vote for the most interesting team. I’ve narrowed it down to 4:

Bou’s Wishlist: Bono, D Trump, J Depp, P Gascoigne, Prince Charles

En Passant’s Double Dukakis: M Dukakis, O Dukakis, R Rogers, R Murdoch, W Shatner

Death Impends’ Hot 100 Toppers: B Lee, C Francis, D Everley, F Avalon, P Anka

GUB’s ‘Mixing Business With Pleasure’: D Mellor, L Goodman, N Lawson, N Tebbit, S Moffat

No idea, but my vote would be for Bou's Wishlist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I decided in the end to pick Bou’s wish list. Plenty of them amused and interested me, but the fact hers was sold so unashamedly as a shopping list for the Grim Reaper made me laugh a lot. 

She has nominated Women’s Aid, I think we can all agree a very worthy cause, for a small Christmas gift from the bank account of yours truly. So, potential winners, get your thinking caps on for who you’d like to support...and hold that thought for about 15 years while we wait for the fucking game to end. Don’t worry, I’ll make that donation worth the long wait.

Now, I’ll run a final check during the week when I’m hungover and bored and then we’re good to go! 

Merry Christmas, everyone!

3AF1832E-FDBD-468A-8391-A54351A1E34F.thumb.jpeg.24b0acab252421aeafb17a700d6d6ef5.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks TQR, that's great.

I'll match it myself. SC is going to do the same despite you barring him :lol:

• Like 7

On 25/12/2020 at 04:41, Sir Cunto said:

I read that as ‘breasts’ and it made your post much more interesting 

All my posts are more interesting than your puerile crap.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Kenny said:

Could there be a more ironic post?

16 hours ago, Sir Cunto said:

Could there be a more ironic post?

What's ironic is that a poster who calls himself "Sir Cunto" and posts about breasts considers himself to be "interesting".

It's clear that you are just an attention-seeking numpty who gets very angry when another poster calls out such idiotic immaturity.

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

What's ironic is that a poster who calls himself "Sir Cunto" and posts about breasts considers himself to be "interesting".

It's clear that you are just an attention-seeking numpty who gets very angry when another poster calls out such idiotic immaturity.

He doesn't "call himself" Sir Cunto. The name was bestowed upon him.   Do try to keep up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

He doesn't "call himself" Sir Cunto. The name was bestowed upon him.   Do try to keep up.

Keep up? I haven't been here long.

Get over yourself.

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

Get over yourself.

Well, you've been here a year.

Given SC's posting frequency (more often than raindrops in a thunderstorm) and online persona (he's American and if he were as combative IRL as he is in here somebody would have shot him by now) it's hard to imagine anyone hanging around here for 12 months and not having a clue who he is or that for most of that year he hasn't been Sir Cunto.

It's inconsistent to claim that a) you don't really know who he is, yet also b) all his posts are puerile. The two are incompatible.

On 26/12/2020 at 16:03, Kenny said:

3 hours ago, Kenny said:

2 hours ago, Kenny said:

Get over yourself.

That's an impressive hit rate of aggression from a total of 37 posts and they may not be the only 3 as I'm not bothering to look up the previous 34.

There's something about being named Kenny maybe......:sherlock:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Well, you've been here a year.

Given SC's posting frequency (more often than raindrops in a thunderstorm) and online persona (he's American and if he were as combative IRL as he is in here somebody would have shot him by now) it's hard to imagine anyone hanging around here for 12 months and not having a clue who he is or that for most of that year he hasn't been Sir Cunto.

It's inconsistent to claim that a) you don't really know who he is, yet also b) all his posts are puerile. The two are incompatible.

That's an impressive hit rate of aggression from a total of 37 posts and they may not be the only 3 as I'm not bothering to look up the previous 34.

There's something about being named Kenny maybe......:sherlock:

I've hardly posted before the last couple weeks. You seem very bothered by 3 posts. Is SC your sock puppet account?

Take your own advice (under your handle) and go back to ewer girlfriends.

8 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Is SC your sock puppet account?

If it is, it's a pretty good sock really, only somebody of your undoubted intellect has spotted it.

Bothered? Good god no. But you're being aggressive for no particularly good reason and I'm calling you on it since a fair few won't want the inevitable insults. I call SC on it too when he is, when I'm not him that is.

• Like 2