Bibliogryphon

Deaths of The Silver Screen Deadpool II

David Gulpilil is a hit for @An Fear Beag with The Right Stuff which means that they are now in a winning position only needing Tom Dahlgren for the victory

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

David Gulpilil is a hit for @An Fear Beag with The Right Stuff which means that they are now in a winning position only needing Tom Dahlgren for the victory

Thanks Biblio - I had completely forgotten about this pool. I guess that's understandable when I average a hit every 12 months!

• Haha 1

On 18/02/2021 at 09:21, gcreptile said:

Now, statistically, En Passant is actually the favourite, in the battle Nehemiah Persoff vs Liz Sheridan. It's a centenarian male vs. nonagenarian female.

I suppose I am a distant third favourite, what with  having an octogenarian male going up against those two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Leslie Phillips - DING DONG.

Indeed all that stands between @Grim Up North and victory is our very own Leslie Phillips but I think it could be a close call with Nehemiah Persoff 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Indeed all that stands between @Grim Up North and victory is our very own Leslie Phillips but I think it could be a close call with Nehemiah Persoff 

However as Leslie Phillips is not a unique pick there is the possibility of the penalty system coming into play if you are both down to one pick remaining 

@Bibliogryphon Just letting you know that the Masterlist hasn't been updated for David Gulpilil's death.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Well Meatloaf has just screwed over the team I was planning for Round 3

Spiceworld, right? ;)

• Haha 4

We have a new name to add to the list of possible game enders

@YorkshireBanker gets a second hit for All You Need Is Cash which means Jeanette Charles stands between him and victory

(It actually has to be Jeanette Charles. If the Queen dies you do not win by default)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/01/2022 at 10:37, Bibliogryphon said:

We have a new name to add to the list of possible game enders

@YorkshireBanker gets a second hit for All You Need Is Cash which means Jeanette Charles stands between him and victory

(It actually has to be Jeanette Charles. If the Queen dies you do not win by default)

I am not going to enforce the rule in this round because it would be unfair to do so after the game as gone so far and I take responsibility because I didn't pick up on it at the start of the game (and no other player raised an objection) but techincally All You Need Is Cash will be an ineligible pick in future rounds because it did not have a theatrical release.

This will be a bit of a tricky one when it comes to modern releases because of streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon have now become eligible for Oscar nomination even though they do not always have a theatrical release.

I think I will introduce a cut off date after which streaming releases will be allowed and any TV movies released before this time will not.

However to be clear this will not detract from a win by @YorkshireBanker if he achieves it in this round

• Like 4

Conrad Janis is a hit for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Perhaps is now 1 hit away from victory with the death of Estelle Harris.

Mel Brooks passing would finish off all 3 names from Toy Story 4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As @Perhaps joins the one away from winning group here are those all important hits arranged from oldest to youngest

Nehemiah Persoff (02.08.19)

Leslie Phillips (20.04.24)

Mel Brooks (28.06.26)

Jeannette Charles (15.10.27)

Liz Sheridan (10.04.29)

Tom Dahlgren (22.09.33)

Could be anyone's race

Fortunately at the moment none of these would end Scavenger Hunt as I am dreading them going out together

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

So, Nehemiah Persoff is dead. 

Congrats @En Passant

Congratulations @En Passant a new game will appear shortly. Prepare your ideas but please do not send them until the new thread opens

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Grats @En Passant :clap:

Now to think of an entry that isn’t total shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/01/2022 at 18:56, Bibliogryphon said:

Good call Biblio!

and congrats to  @En Passant

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

:champagne:En Passant   :champagne:

• Like 1

Congratulations!!

(Thank the gods my shameless attempt didn't work)

• Like 1