Sign in to follow this  
The Daredevil

Ideas for position no. 1 on 2021 DL

Imo, kirk shouldn’t have been drop from nº1, I’m not saying that because he did die but that sur What I thought at the beginning of the year : he was 18th fucking Time on the list, nº1 several times and deserved to stay at nº1. Now, I think Prince deserves it since he is both the « most important » and really frail

22 hours ago, arghton said:

I'm betting it'll be Philip until he dies.

I hope so... or at least it should be...

Duke of Edinburgh top of the list until he goes then Dick Van Dyke the number 1 until he goes. 

Why isn’t this extra curricular?

A better question is why wasn't one of the other threads about the Deathlist good enough for this discussion?

• Like 3

On 15/11/2020 at 11:59, The Daredevil said:

I think it should go to Leslie Phillips  (if he makes it), as he has been toying with us for years. 

Prince Philip and Valery Giscard d’Estaing might be other candidates to consider for next year’s no. 1 spot. Philip will probably get the no. 1 position again. 

D’Estaing might be even more eligible for next year’s no. 1 position, in lieu of his latest hospitalisation, provided he still makes it to 2021.

• Like 1

We all know how the DL works.  Punt things forward.  Ad infinitum.
Prince Philip was #1 and will remain so.  Should he have been/be?  Just being 99 meh, I'll let you decide.
If I was on the committee I would put Rush Limbaugh at the top.  Dead as dead can be, and thanks to our election, as notorious and current as notoriety and currency can be.  Extremely searchable and bringing traffic to the site....far more than some old geezer. 
I suspect Rush will make the list, but something like #19.  'Balls' is something the committee has never been accused of having.  The only other name they might put in the #1 slot is Jimmy Carter, but I don't see it.
SC

Prince Philip at number one and Sarah Harding should be in the top 5.

Prince Philip, Bob Dole, Pope Benedict XVI, Jimmy Carter and Henry Kissinger should be in the top 5 in my opinion. If they all are alive untill 2021.

• Like 2

Valery Giscard d’Estaing, Henry Kissinger, Rush Limbaugh, Leslie Phillips and Prince Philip should be in the top 5 in my opinion, if they all make it to 2021.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Valery Giscard d’Estaing, Bob Dole, Rush Limbaugh, Leslie Phillips and Prince Philip should be in the top 5 in my opinion, if they all make it to 2021.

Can agree with them to also be om the top of the list in 2021. 

Leslie Phillips or Prince Phillip.

Ideas for position No.1?

How about right at the very top.....

• Like 1

Larry King might be a good shot if he makes it.

The number one spot should be reserved for one of the most important people of the list.. and one with relatively more health issues than the other. Prince Philip has both.

• Thanks 1

If it isn’t John Edrich, I’ll be writing a strongly worded letter to ‘The Committee’.

• Haha 1

I agree with Deadpool, I see no reason why Prince Phillip should lose his place to anyone.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

If it isn’t John Edrich, I’ll be writing a strongly worded letter to ‘The Committee’.

Excellent idea. Completely on board with that, it'll piss creepy off even more than he has been so far with some no account English sport at the top of the list.  But where are you considering sending it?

c/o The Mandela Bar, Warwick University definitely isn't going to cut it, not least since it hasn't been called that for something like 25 years.

NB. And probably of no particular interest to anyone: But a true story nonetheless.

I once threw up in that exact bar in the late 80's (hell it may even have been with the fabled committee there). A friend was in their Rugby team and I was visiting when they had one of those post match 'drinking circle' things. Some will know the idea, a bunch of daft rules such as only drinking with your left hand, asking permission from the chairman to make a comment etc etc. Make any error at all and you have to drink about half a pint as a penalty or possibly even the whole thing for a serious infraction. Do I know the rules? Do I fuck. So I start with some minor miss-step and instantly get called on it then drink that penalty with my right hand incurring a further fault and a whole pint.... you can doubtless see where this is headed...... Long story short I had drunk 3 pints of fizzy lager in the space of as many minutes and hadn't even sat down yet. Not being a fast drinker in the first place and lager not my thing even if I were, the fizz got to me and I chucked the lot straight back up in a corner, what a wuss - not even remotely drunk...meh.

At least I was out of the game before they got to the part where they made you drop your trousers and then shove a length of bog-roll up your arse crack and set light to the bottom of it - you have to drink a full pint before you can remove it.....Happy days.

• Shocked 1