Sign in to follow this  
The Daredevil

André Maranne

24 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Any idea how old she was? I read that she was widowed during WW2 before she met André, making her probably older than him. And did you ever get the honour to meet André?

She was definitely older than him, not sure exactly but I think she was around 97/98. I did indeed, he was with her on the same occasion. :) A lovely lovely man, very humble and down to earth. My friend knew them a lot better than me though as he lives two streets away from their home. Moira had a son from her first marriage and a few grandchildren I believe, but her only child with Andre died not long after being born tragically.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

She was definitely older than him, not sure exactly but I think she was around 97/98. I did indeed, he was with her on the same occasion. :) A lovely lovely man, very humble and down to earth. My friend knew them a lot better than me though as he lives two streets away from their home. Moira had a son from her first marriage and a few grandchildren I believe, but her only child with Andre died not long after being born tragically.

That’s great you got to meet them. What year was your encounter with them? 

4 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

That’s great you got to meet them. What year was your encounter with them? 

Would have been around 1987/88 :)both were in their 60s then so amazing really that they both lived another 30 something years after that. Andre was in pretty good health too until a few months before he passed. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Would have been around 1987/88 :)both were in their 60s then so amazing really that they both lived another 30 something years after that. Andre was in pretty good health too until a few months before he passed. 

Any idea on what was his cause of death? 

20 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Any idea on what was his cause of death? 

No idea sorry, I do know they both passed away at home. Hope this helps