maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2021

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

I think now 10 have got to the top the chance of DDP QOs is negligible going forward - my only real window of opportunity is if there is an avalanche overnight that gets them on the way down.

I hope that doesn't happen because it's an amazing feat and for it to be done by the locals is rather nice.

Aye, but if it went to shit and the points also avalanched in to help your cause - you wouldn't say no, would you?

• Like 1

As seen in the main forum, Paul Varelans is dead, hit for me.

More importantly, An Fear Beag wins, congratulations!!

• Like 2

An Fear Beag really showing that he’s a force to be reckoned with now. Congrats to him. :clap:

• Like 1

Congrats to AFB! Pretty disappointed in myself for some costly mistakes, but still managed 2nd. On to next year.

• Like 1

Congrats, AFB. Just before the avalanche would wipe out all of GUN's team.

• Haha 1

Congratulations An Fear Beag! 

It was fun being in first place for a couple of days.

• Like 1

Varelans q/o - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13766342/ufc-legend-paul-varelans-dead-covid/

Final scoreboard below - this is indeed an awesome performance by An Fear Beag - hell of a lead, hell of a leap over the line for that BIG winning margin. 

:clap::bow:

An Fear Beag - 2140

Banana - 1731

Captain Chorizo - 1446

Deadsox 1091

Death Impends - 1084

Perhaps - 1078

Old Crem - 1073

msc - 1070

gcreptile - 1069

Book - 1056

Joey Russ - 728

Eesti - 727

Sean - 722

Gooseberry Crumble - 363

Lard Bazaar - 363

Lychian - 363

The Old Lady - 363

The Unknown Man - 363

Maryportfuncity - 356

Grim up North - 349

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well done AFB.

• Like 1

Congratulations AFB!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Varelans q/o - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13766342/ufc-legend-paul-varelans-dead-covid/

What a missed opportunity in the DDP...

@An Fear Beag, one heck of a fucking deadpooler. Bravo :clap:

I were shite.

• Like 1

Well done AFB.

I believe one of my picks may have had a mild toothache....

• Haha 2

Just in from work to discover that I've won - I'm well chuffed! Nice to get a deadpool win under the belt so early in the year.

MPFC suggested that I would have practiced my gracious "its down to luck" victory speech. To hell with that false humility - I won because I am fucking awesome :D. Note the masterful use of reverse psychology on the Reaper himself - on Monday I suggested that a pick on my team granted immunity from the ravages of Covid-19 - 6 days later he has taken three of them:lol:.  Just goes to show, he's only human (or summat).

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Thanks also to everyone for  a good game. Commiserations in particular to Banana - I knew I had a decent team when the teams were published and most of my best picks were on his/her teams also. Ultimately the Floyd Little joker proved decisive - seems that you just can't trust the Covid picks.

Thanks to MPFC for running a great pool. Its my first time playing it, and I enjoyed it immensely (but briefly :P

I look forward to locking horns with everyone again in the Cup. 

• Like 5

Who says we're sick - yet another Deathrace winner insists the prize is given as a charitable donation - to animals

Buttercups Sanctuary For Goats - Donation receipt

Please find confirmation of your donation below:

Donation amount: £10

Donor Fee Cover Amount: £1.02

Gift Aid amount: £2.50

Payment Type: Single Credit/ Debit Cards

Charity Name: Buttercups Sanctuary For Goats

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Banana said:

Indeed Banana - a pisser and so-o-o-o close, but so far away. Fairly clear from that he died Sunday, and it was announced that night - so no recount but much respect for you smashing the 2021 within 17 days.

2 hours ago, Banana said:

I hate to piss on your parade, Banana, but it wouldn't have made a difference had he died a day earlier . You would still have needed Paul Varelans to get over the line, and since I had him as well, that would have put both of us over the line at the same time. But I still would have had the score advantage.

The early hit is a real killer in this game. Its like the away goal in football - an opponent needs two scores to overtake you. 

On a completely pointless note, I think the final scoreboard has you 50 points short of what you should be. 

28 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

I hate to piss on your parade, Banana, but it wouldn't have made a difference had he died a day earlier . You would still have needed Paul Varelans to get over the line, and since I had him as well, that would have put both of us over the line at the same time. But I still would have had the score advantage.

The early hit is a real killer in this game. Its like the away goal in football - an opponent needs two scores to overtake you. 

On a completely pointless note, I think the final scoreboard has you 50 points short of what you should be. 

Its probably one of the hardest deadpools to win. My two wins came off complete  jammy luck (one time the "certs" took their time so a team of centenarians won, the second I had a Hewlett rule joker).

1 hour ago, An Fear Beag said:

AFB - thanks, just checked Banana's score by adding it up on paper - discovering the trusty calculator I've been using has a knackered display that makes 8s look like 3s. 

Replacement on order - correction below

An Fear Beag - 2140

Banana - 1781

43 minutes ago, msc said:

Its probably one of the hardest deadpools to win. My two wins came off complete  jammy luck (one time the "certs" took their time so a team of centenarians won, the second I had a Hewlett rule joker).

Well... on the odd occasion I have to explain dead pooling to a complete novice I say it's a bit like football or cricket in that the main rules and ideas are the same but different versions of the game require really different skills. Fuck knows why but I struggle in the DL Cup and seem lucky in the HPDP. Obviously, you get out what you put in but there is a massive luck element too. 

• Like 1