Joey Russ

Who Should Make The Deathlist In 2021?

Going for another Bond theme double, Vic Flick and Shirley Bassey.

4 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Carlos Bilardo

The Duke of Kent

Uwe Seeler

are three not already mentioned that really ought to be worth consideration. 

The Duchess of Kent should also be considered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, redrumours said:

Going for another Bond theme double, Vic Flick and Shirley Bassey.

Maybe André Maranne and Yaphet Kotto can make it four.

9 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Trevor Peacock has also had advanced dementia for years and turns 90 next year. He's often overlooked but there will definitely be a media buzz when he dies, considering how iconic his character was in The Vicar of Dibley.

No no no ..... yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Putin said:

Add

John Astin 

Hal Holbrook

Michael Schumacher

Walter Mondale

Rosalynn Carter

Kris Kristofferson

Marsha Hunt 

Return

Mikail Gorbachev

Larry King

Pope Benedict XVI

Jimmy Greaves

Olivia Newton-John

David Prowse

Sidney Poitier

Ozzy Osbourne 

Also add

Tim Curry

Jack Nicholson

Buzz Aldrin

Michael Collins

Singers/music I propose for the 2021 DL are:

Ozzy Osbourne (DL return)

Miguel Bosé (DL debut)

Placido Domingo (DL debut)

Willie Nelson (still part of the 2020 DL)

Tony Bennett (still part of the 2020 DL)

Harry Belafonte (still part of the 2020 DL)

Olivia Newton-John (DL return)

Vicente Fernández (DL debut)

Roberto Carlos Braga (DL debut)

Gary Glitter (DL debut)

Forgot to saw Jake "The Snake" Roberts should be brought back next year.I also forgot Shannen Doherty who would be a good name for a debut.

10 minutes ago, David Pro said:

Singers/music I propose for the 2021 DL are:

Ozzy Osbourne (DL return)

Miguel Bosé (DL debut)

Placido Domingo (DL debut)

Willie Nelson (still part of the 2020 DL)

Tony Bennett (still part of the 2020 DL)

Harry Belafonte (still part of the 2020 DL)

Olivia Newton-John (DL return)

Vicente Fernández (DL debut)

Roberto Carlos Braga (DL debut)

Gary Glitter (DL debut)

I was already wondering about that but that propose is too specific, why not include Tom Parker? Ok medium survival rate for glioblastoma is 15 months after diagnosis and he announced it in october but seems a solid name, same for Paul Westphal

I don't know if they are DL worthy but according to what I read on this forum, I think Dai Davies, Floyd Little and probably Mary Fairhurst are quite certain they won't see 2022

I would consider at least the following:
Dai Davies
Tom Parker, Paul Westphal
Jiang Zemin (if drol advocates him so much  i won't ignore its suggestion)
Raul Castro (increasing rumours of a terminal illness ?)
James Whale, George Alagiah, Bill Turnbull (this trio should be included as a block)
Jerry Lee Lewis
Rush Limbaugh
Shannen Doherty
Larry King
Mikhail Gorbachov

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sideik said:

I was already wondering about that but that propose is too specific, why not include Tom Parker? Ok medium survival rate for glioblastoma is 15 months after diagnosis and he announced it in october but seems a solid name, same for Paul Westphal

I don't know if they are DL worthy but according to what I read on this forum, I think Dai Davies, Floyd Little and probably Mary Fairhurst are quite certain they won't see 2022

Dai Davies
James Whale, George Alagiah, Bill Turnbull (this trio should be included as a block)
Jerry Lee Lewis
Rush Limbaugh
Shannen Doherty
Larry King
Mikhail Gorbachov

Didn`t include Davies as I don`t think he will make it.Surprised he isn`t dead yet.Would say he is just about famous enough.Will get a QO from all major news sites and would have even if we didn`t know he had cancer and died.

11 minutes ago, Sideik said:

Dai Davies
Jerry Lee Lewis
Rush Limbaugh
Shannen Doherty
Larry King
Mikhail Gorbachov

Tom Parker was diagnosed Late August/Early September so the 15 month clock starts from there  

meaning he is even more likely to not see 2022. 

• Like 1

About bloody time Rolf Harris made his DL debut, he'll be 91 in March and really surprised he's lived this long. 

Sandy Gall should not be forgotten as well, 94 next year so deserving of a return. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Above all, I plead the Committee to include André Maranne on the 2021 DL and not include Clint Eastwood. 

I also agree with Larry King returning next year, providing he sees 2021. 

why in the HELL are you obsessed with Andre Maranne ? It's like Rosemary Harris a few days ago, I heard about her more than I heard about my own mother recently. They both are not dl worthy for me, we get it that they are nonagenarians prominent figures but there is a thousand people that are far more worthy of being on the list. 

Are there any "Deathlist-y" names hitting the requisite age right now other than Cribbins? John Astin feels like a DL pick but he's in perfectly healthy age from what I understand.

I don't remember André Maranne in anything.  I looked at the Fawlty Towers episode that kept being mentioned and he was in it for about two seconds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One name not mentioned on all the above lists is Peter Alliss - he should 100% return because he's obviously about to die. He commentated from home on the US Masters earlier this month and he sounded like absolute shit. Then they interviewed him before the start of the last round - sadly looked like he was in God's waiting room.

Also during commentary he talked about something regarding the course design and said I shall ask Bobby Jones about that when I see him (Bobby Jones being dead). 

Plus he is 100% Death List worthy not like some of the other names mentioned in some of the above posts.

For final evidence see photo below from the interview prior to final round (top photo) and from July 2019 (bottom photo). Lots of loss of weight around the areas of his face where you don't normally lose weight. He has the 'death look'.

alliss.jpg?w=1024122039421-d77fb4bd-1e83-451e-aa90-58f04192939f.jpg

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Are there any "Deathlist-y" names hitting the requisite age right now other than Cribbins? John Astin feels like a DL pick but he's in perfectly healthy age from what I understand.

Noam Chomsky surely falls into that category. And doesn’t look that great...

1 minute ago, Toast said:

I don't remember André Maranne in anything.  I looked at the Fawlty Towers episode that kept being mentioned and he was in it for about two seconds.

same for me, I watched again some of the Fawlty Towers episodes he was said to be in and was really disappointed. 

I would also consider for their DL debuts

Johnny Mathis 

Don Everly

Bob Newhart

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ebless said:

I would also consider for their DL debuts

Bob Newhart

Yeah don't miss Bob Newhart

1 hour ago, ebless said:

About bloody time Rolf Harris made his DL debut, he'll be 91 in March and really surprised he's lived this long. 

Sandy Gall should not be forgotten as well, 94 next year so deserving of a return. 

Rolf could take the number 50 slot taken by the likes of other criminals Ian Brady and Peter Sutcliffe.....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

A listers circa 92-94 in 2021 right? Patricia Routledge and Burt Bacharach off the top of my head, as well as the aforementioned Chomsky. Lionel Blair? Mark Eden? Christopher Plummer? Most of whom seem quite healthy last I heard.

But tbf, so did Geoffrey Palmer!

24 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

One name not mentioned on all the above lists is Peter Alliss

Ah yes, the cricket guy? :lol:

22 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

same for me, I watched again some of the Fawlty Towers episodes he was said to be in and was really disappointed. 

A common response to watching Fawlty Towers tbh. Maranne's roles in Bond and that are brief but larger in the Pink Panther films and his role in Doctor Who as Benoit in The Moonbase. But there's a long list of similar familiar acting faces which would be "Nice to see" on the DL but not the end of the world when they inevitably die sans mention. See also Doreen Mantle, Oscar Quitak, Leonard Fenton, Damaris Hayman, etc etc...

Quite clearly we are missing more famous people's dad's mothers and aunties and uncles!

Committee have the inside track on all of us!

• Like 1

Lots of good names already mentioned.

I might only add Carlos Menem and Larry Flynt. Ah, and isn't there an Australian PM very old now? XYZ Howard?

The Dalai Lama or King Simeon of Bulgaria?

I've been reluctant to mention her, but now feel Cloris Leachman (the OG) should be considered more seriously for 2021. She's 95 in April. Until the pandemic she was one of many actors working into their 90s. However, she's been silent all year, aside from selling her house...