Joey Russ

Who Should Make The Deathlist In 2021?

35 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

John "statistically shown to be a total annoying cunt who believes he is cool because some cunt found his sheepskin retro and stylish and since his retirement is now on every fucking radio ad known to mankind and has been a boring fucking prick all his life and some fucker on a radio programme said he was a cunting national fucking treasure" Motson. Outside of that he is getting on a bit. Nothing else to go on. 

He had cancer a few years ago. Not sure how he is now. 

Linda Ronstadt might be worth a shout.Has had progressive supranuclear palsy for 7 years  and had symptoms long before. Stopped singing in 2009 due to difficulties associated with the condition and started noting symptoms in 2000.The average prognosis is 6-7 years after symptoms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Linda Ronstadt might be worth a shout.Has had progressive supranuclear palsy for 7 years  and had symptoms long before. Stopped singing in 2009 due to difficulties associated with the condition and started noting symptoms in 2000.The average prognosis is 6-7 years after symptoms.

And then there were 3 (shortlist names not brought up in the last week)...

Chief Raoni Metuktire would be an original but credible name in DL2021, he's 90 and was weakened by covid in summer, to change of classic leaders in the lists

• Like 1

On 05/12/2020 at 20:14, gcreptile said:

Any thoughts on who might be a surprise 2021 death? 

Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jeremy Clarkson? 

• Like 1

Bill ‘Arthur Fowler’ Treacher turns 91 next June, has suffered from ataxia since at least 2015 fully retired. Definite COVID risk I’d have thought 

• Like 1

Any chance of getting a Kennedy on this years list. I go for Patrick J Kennedy, son of the late Edward Kennedy. 1) He is an ex alcohol and prescription medicine addict and given his family's history he is bound to fall off the wagon at some point. 2) He is a Kennedy so the chances of a car/airplane/boat accident are high. 3) Always good to have an outside bet. 4) It would make news the world over. 5) I was going to suggest Timmy Mallett but he seems shockingly healthy and happy and is now a full time landscape painter. And David Van Day seems to have cleaned up his act. 

On 27/11/2020 at 15:03, Grim Up North said:

One name not mentioned on all the above lists is Peter Alliss - he should 100% return because he's obviously about to die. He commentated from home on the US Masters earlier this month and he sounded like absolute shit. Then they interviewed him before the start of the last round - sadly looked like he was in God's waiting room.

Also during commentary he talked about something regarding the course design and said I shall ask Bobby Jones about that when I see him (Bobby Jones being dead). 

Plus he is 100% Death List worthy not like some of the other names mentioned in some of the above posts.

For final evidence see photo below from the interview prior to final round (top photo) and from July 2019 (bottom photo). Lots of loss of weight around the areas of his face where you don't normally lose weight. He has the 'death look'.

alliss.jpg?w=1024122039421-d77fb4bd-1e83-451e-aa90-58f04192939f.jpg

Ah poor Peter - he fell short by 26 days. He had a good life though I think.

RIP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Any chance of getting a Kennedy on this years list. I go for Patrick J Kennedy, son of the late Edward Kennedy. 1) He is an ex alcohol and prescription medicine addict and given his family's history he is bound to fall off the wagon at some point. 2) He is a Kennedy so the chances of a car/airplane/boat accident are high. 3) Always good to have an outside bet. 4) It would make news the world over. 5) I was going to suggest Timmy Mallett but he seems shockingly healthy and happy and is now a full time landscape painter. And David Van Day seems to have cleaned up his act. 

Timmy Mallett has barely aged since his time in the spotlight in the late 1980s and is regularly doing charity bike rides. Hopefully he should live to a ripe old age. 

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Ah poor Peter - he fell short by 26 days. He had a good life though I think.

RIP

By all accounts he had a peaceful death at home surrounded by his family, aged 89, was very active until recent times and did not appear to be suffering from dementia. There are far worse ways to go. 

Given that Ben Stokes's Dad has passed on and cannot be next year's "parent of someone famous on the list", can we have Maurice MacGowan instead. Shane's Dad. Cannot find a lot on him but he seems to have been alive a couple of years ago. Shane's Mum passed away in 2017. 

• Facepalm 1

On 05/12/2020 at 19:08, msc said:

And then there were 3 (shortlist names not brought up in the last week)...

I'd imagine the ones left over wouldn't qualify for the Deathlist? :P

1 minute ago, MortalLightBeam said:

I'd imagine the ones left over wouldn't qualify for the Deathlist? :P

Given Bill Gates dad did...:lol:

All 3 are notables but 2 of them are more famous regionally rather than internationally...

1 minute ago, msc said:

Given Bill Gates dad did...:lol:

All 3 are notables but 2 of them are more famous regionally rather than internationally...

Fair comment re Bill Gates dad. 

I've got 2 that I don't think have been mentioned on the forum, but you'd be laughed out the room for suggesting them here for the main list I'd imagine. 

On 05/12/2020 at 16:12, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

It's hard to foresee a surprise celebrity death. Unless you feel like going the Mark Chapman route.

There's generally clues if someone's keeping an illness hidden. Someone here spotted Chadwick Boseman was on the way out. 

17 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Margaret Keenan and William Shakespeare anyone?

No.

1) He is “only” 81. She’s 91, but both appear to be in good health 

2) They’re not notable enough for DL. Known for being the first in something is not the same as being a well known personality.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

No.

1) He is “only” 81. She’s 91, but both appear to be in good health 

2) They’re not notable enough for DL. Known for being the first in something is not the same as being a well known personality.

They let Prince Philip on and he is only known for being the Queen's "first" husband. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, MortalLightBeam said:

There's generally clues if someone's keeping an illness hidden. Someone here spotted Chadwick Boseman was on the way out. 

Rumours were all over the internet for him.

10 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Margaret Keenan and William Shakespeare anyone?

If they die from any cause within 28 days do they go down as a vaccine death?

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Rumours were all over the internet for him.

This is true.  Has anyone seen a picture of James Caan since the one where he looked so gaunt in the wheelchair?  I may have him on my list for next year if no further information comes out.  

50 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

This is true.  Has anyone seen a picture of James Caan since the one where he looked so gaunt in the wheelchair?  I may have him on my list for next year if no further information comes out.  

James Caan is very active on twitter:

https://twitter.com/James_Caan?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

He ends every tweet with "End of tweet" - setting himself up for inevitable jokes.

• Like 1