Joey Russ

Who Should Make The Deathlist In 2021?

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Estelle Harris could be a good pick for 2021

Yes, she did come to mind. However, would she pass the famousness test? I doubt if she’s well known in the UK but if Jerry Stiller made it, Estelle should make it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Yes, she did come to mind. However, would she pass the famousness test? I doubt she’s well known in the UK but if Jerry Stiller made it, Estelle should make it.

There are two roles I remember her well from my childhood. The voice of Mrs. Potato head from Toy Story, and Muriel from The suite life of Zack & Cody. A great comedic relief role from both of them.

My suggestion for the 2021 DeathList:

Keep

Prince Philip

Dick Van Dyke

Leon Spinks

Pierre Cardin

Bob Dole

Murray Walker

Betty White

Angela Lansbury

Bob Barker

Alan Greenspan

Henry Kissinger

Pope Benedict

Leslie Philips

Tony Bennett

Harry Belafonte

Prunella Scales

Willie Nelson

Joanne Woodward

Tom Smith

Desmond Tutu

Emperor Akihito

Jimmy Carter

Jean-Marie Le Pen

Jacques Delors

David Attenborough

Return

Mel Brooks

Cleo Laine

Stanley Baxter

Sidney Poitier

June Brown

Queen Elisabeth

Jimmy Greaves

Mikhail Gorbachev

Olivia Newton John

Larry King

Jerry Lee Lewis

Linda Nolan

New

Norman Lear

Walter Mondale

Noam Chomsky

Bernard Cribbins

David Gulpilil

Rush Limbaugh

Rolf Harris

Capt. Tom Moore

Eva-Marie Saint

Sarah Harding

Rosemary Harris

Shannen Doherty

Jean-Louis Trintingnant

• Like 2

Seriously, we need to have Beverly Cleary, & Robert Solow on the list, next year. Beverly will be turning 105 next year, & Solow will be 97.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I'd like to add Scottish actress Phyllida Law to the suggestions, she has Parkinson's now:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8337737/Emma-Thompson-staying-Britain-tells-mothers-illness-backs-Mail-Force-campaign.html

Sounds like she needs full time care and to be fed and washed now. Shame, great actress. Between her career, Playdays, being the Thompson matriarch and her role in the Magic Roundabout, hell of a CV too.

• Like 2

So many great suggestions - but how well can you really assess the Committee? 

Let's give it a try and join the DL Prediction Game 2021! ;)

• Like 2

On 21/12/2020 at 20:39, TomTomTelekom said:

New

Norman Lear

Walter Mondale

Noam Chomsky

Bernard Cribbins

David Gulpilil

Rush Limbaugh

Rolf Harris

Capt. Tom Moore

Eva-Marie Saint

Sarah Harding

Rosemary Harris

Shannen Doherty

Jean-Louis Trintingnant

Agree with 40+ of your selections, but think if you asked 100 members of a Pointless (UK game show)  audience which of your newcomers they'd heard of, I suspect Gupilil, Limbaugh, Rosemary Harris and Trintignant would all be pointless answers (i.e. no one would have heard of them).

There is a trio of famous old tories (Hurd, Lawson and Tebbit) all pushing 90, would add Cleary, Clarissa Eden, Berry Gordy, Junior, Buzz Aldrin and (for a punt at no 50) Harvey Weinstein

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Agree with 40+ of your selections, but think if you asked 100 members of a Pointless (UK game show)  audience which of your newcomers they'd heard of, I suspect Gupilil, Limbaugh, Rosemary Harris and Trintignant would all be pointless answers (i.e. no one would have heard of them).

There is a trio of famous old tories (Hurd, Lawson and Tebbit) all pushing 90, would add Cleary, Clarissa Eden, Berry Gordy, Junior, Buzz Aldrin and (for a punt at no 50) Harvey Weinstein

Trintignant passed the Mum Test, in that she brought him up in chat.

Gupilil is one of those "Not the name but the face" folk - lots of us been forced to sit through Rabbit Proof Fence or the 70s one (showing my age) in school classes. Not really DLy but who knows what goes on in their minds bar "Pass the Guinness"?

I wish I'd never heard of Limbaugh.

We have a bunch of Cleary's books at home, of the 1950s style where not a lot happens but people live happily with their dogs, but imo if the Cmme wanted her she'd had have appeared by now. Ditto, alas, James Lovelock.

A potential DL pick we might all be sleeping on is "93 in 2021" Lionel Blair...

• Like 3

Surprised more people haven't suggested Lawrence Ferlinghetti who is 101 now. Surely we need at least a few centenarians to replace the fallen of 2020. Ferlinghetti, Norman Lloyd and Clarissa Eden would be suitable choices in this regard. 

13 hours ago, msc said:

Trintignant passed the Mum Test, in that she brought him up in chat.

Gupilil is one of those "Not the name but the face" folk - lots of us been forced to sit through Rabbit Proof Fence or the 70s one (showing my age) in school classes. Not really DLy but who knows what goes on in their minds bar "Pass the Guinness"?

I wish I'd never heard of Limbaugh.

We have a bunch of Cleary's books at home, of the 1950s style where not a lot happens but people live happily with their dogs, but imo if the Cmme wanted her she'd had have appeared by now. Ditto, alas, James Lovelock.

A potential DL pick we might all be sleeping on is "93 in 2021" Lionel Blair...

Lionel Blair is an excellent suggestion. 

• Like 1

I presume at least one of the last four of '66 will be on the the list. Or at least Greavsie. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Lionel Blair is an excellent suggestion. 

He’s a crap suggestion. Still in great health, making appearances and performing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He’s a crap suggestion. Still in great health, making appearances and performing. 

Tbf it wasn't a suggestion. More a prediction of the type of name they might go for!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

So was Charles Aznavour.

• Like 1

Jean Marie Le Pen now replaces Edrich in my list to keep. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ebless said:

Jean Marie Le Pen now replaces Edrich in my list to keep. 

If bob Dole could die before next week it would give me a place to keep Renee Simonot in

Just gonna mention snooker player Rex Williams as a possibility.

He turns 88 next year and hasn't been on the list since 1990.

264265989.jpg.gallery.jpg.50c53910dbf83b6c071528656e908336.jpg

(he's second-from-left in this picture taken earlier this year)

17 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Just gonna mention snooker player Rex Williams as a possibility.

He turns 88 next year and hasn't been on the list since 1990.

264265989.jpg.gallery.jpg.50c53910dbf83b6c071528656e908336.jpg

(he's second-from-left in this picture taken earlier this year)

Nah, looks reasonably ok to me. 

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 16:04, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Limbaugh would no way be a pointless answer.Out of every 100 people I reckon a few people know of him over here know him.Anyone who has any interest in US politics will have heard of him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Limbaugh would no way be a pointless answer.Out of every 100 people I reckon a few people know of him over here know him.Anyone who has any interest in US politics will have heard of him.

Compared to some of the folk picked this year he's a household name. He used to appear on Newsnight a lot during the Bush era, him and Glenn Beck.

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

I wouldn't rush to that conclusion. 

Never understood why people bother making suggestions this late in the day to be frank. 

The list has likely already been agreed upon and finalised!

Although a question for the committee may well be has the usual pub meet being replaced with a video conference or did you find another way to do

15 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

I wouldn't rush to that conclusion. 

See what you did there!

I remember him making the news over here several times notably over the Sandra Fluke and Michael J Fox controversies.That and him getting the presidential medal of freedom which was widely covered here.Then for less politically aware audiences, they will have been introduced to him with the Family Guy episode Republican Town a few years back.That and the episode where he Michael Moore and others were revealed to be characters played by Fred Savage.