Book

The DL Prediction Game 2021

Well I nailed it with Captain Tom at #50 - that's the "we don't really want to include them but we kind of have to" position - see Attenborough last year.

Pity the rest of my picks were a way off.

6 hours ago, Vaagheid said:

No results yet but, seeing the list, I have a feeling I did pretty well this year.

Yes, it's gonna take some time to do my maths on New Year's Day... ;)

But the result can be expected today.

• Thanks 1

So... we have got the first winner of 2021... and after 2019 it is @Vaagheid again, the creator of the DL Prediction Game! Woohooo!!! :party:

Well done, won by a large margin.

This is the scoreboard; the teams are also updated in post No.2:

+129 Vaagheid

+107 Prophet

+105 TomTomTelekom

+96 Annami

+92 RoverAndOut

+88 chilean way

+87 msc

+86 14:22

+83 WEP

+74 Book

+68 Etushispushingupdaisies

+67 ThereWillBeDeaths7 

+53 Buffalo Phil

+49 gcreptile

+49 Joey Russ

+44 CaptainChorizo

+40 The Daredevil

+33 Great Uncle Bulgaria

+25 The Old Crem

-1   Steve

-17 Bibliogryphon

-21 theoldlady

-23 Elephant

-38 The Quim Reaper

I'd like to say Thank You for playin' again or maybe for the first time!

I'll try to note every hit in every team, just take a look if you like.

Have a great year! :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Wow, well done to Vaagheid, that is a skill!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vaagheid said:

No results yet but, seeing the list, I have a feeling I did pretty well this year.

You are the winner Vaagheid, Congrats!!!

• Like 1

Astonished by that result at my first attempt! Did better than I suspected when I looked at the new list last night but was let down by a few of the carry overs from 2020 by the Committee and I made poor choices on new names for the list. Captain Tom at #50 was an inspired punt it turns out and that really helped my score.

Not complaining (it won't make any difference to anything) but I think I should maybe have 3 more points? You've given me 1 for Pru Scales at 30 when she was at 20 - should that not be 4 for being within 10 positions? I may well have misunderstood. But either way, a score of 90+ is way above what I could have hoped for.

Thanks for doing the hard work @Book and congratulations on another superb victory @Vaagheid!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really happy with this victory 

• Like 3

I fixed it, sorry @RoverAndOut. Too much numbers and calculation for New Year's Day, haha!!! :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Book said:

I fixed it, sorry @RoverAndOut. Too much numbers and calculation for New Year's Day, haha!!! :lol:

No problem, a few small mistakes are highly likely - it's impressive you've got the results out so quickly! I'd tried roughly calculating my own score this morning and yours was still more accurate (and generous) than mine was! :lol: Thanks again.

But I totally overlooked Stanley Baxter, hahaha! Fixed it, no big harm to anybody! B)

If something is still wrong or missing or messed up - please tell me!

Yes! I’m last! :lol: Next year I might actually try to predict it properly.

Grats to Vaagheid :party:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Congrats for Vaagheid! I have to say I'm pretty proud of my score since this was the first time I participated and I was expecting to do much worse. :)

• Like 1

On 30/11/2020 at 01:28, Book said:

37. Vanessa Redgrave +1 +2

@Book I was exactly 10 positions away with this one, so shouldn’t I get 6 points for her in total?

• Thanks 1

31. Jimmy Greaves +1

@Book Shouldn’t chilean way get 7 points in total for this one, as Greaves is a returnee, in position no. 28.

Oh dear, so many mistakes :lol:

I should calculate a day later :lol:

1 hour ago, Book said:

Oh dear, so many mistakes :lol:

I should calculate a day later :lol:

Last night I was perusing msc's list (because I recognised a lot of names from my own list and was curious why I'd got quite a few more points than him) and I noticed that he was given -3 for David Crosby, who is very much on the DL and also within 10 places (19th on the list, 29th on msc's) - that's a net gain of 7 for msc! That would make us considerably closer.

Good job Vaagheid has an unassailable lead! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like we have our first hit here: Michael McKevitt for theoldlady! :party:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Erm... @Book - I seem to have dropped back down to 92 points for some reason? I was on 95 yesterday?! :scratchhead: When I said msc was closer to me, I didn't mean quite THAT close! :lol:

• Haha 1

13. Tony Bennett +1

@Book TomTomTelekom should get four points in total for this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After checking the lists an estimated four to eleven times, with the numbers and letters popping up before my eyes like in the "Matrix", I think everything is fine now.

I'm annoyed about the mistakes myself, that shouldn't happen, of course, but, for example, I have overlooked several times in one case that I gave Shannen Doherty 10 points, even though she was placed 48th on this team not on No.49. At some point you go blind, I think B)

For the next time I should use excel or maybe only count the positive votes, I don't know yet. But I think that you all should deserve a correct result without any problems, which unfortunately only worked semi-well this year, haha :rolleyes: Sorry for the mess but thank you for your help, patience, support and understanding.

Lists and scoreboard are updated, the changes do not affect the winner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first time I checked mine and I still found some errors:

I'm getting +4 for Bob Dole although my list and DL has him in the same position (4th), shouldn't it be +10 then?
Dick van Dyke is also giving me +4 although there's only 2 positions difference between my list and DL (in mine 5th and in DL 3rd), so it's +5, right?
Same with Emperor Akihito (6th in mine and 5th in DL), so it should be +5 instead of +4.

And with Murray Walker (7th in mine and 9th in DL, so I think it's +5 instead of +4.
There is also a mistake with Shannen Doherty since she's in 48th in mine and 49th in DL, so I should be given +5 +3 instead of +10 +3.

My score should be 96 with these corrections. Sorry, @Book. :unsure:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Annami said:

The first time I checked mine and I still found some errors:

I'm getting +4 for Bob Dole although my list and DL has him in the same position (4th), shouldn't it be +10 then?
Dick van Dyke is also giving me +4 although there's only 2 positions difference between my list and DL (in mine 5th and in DL 3rd), so it's +5, right?
Same with Emperor Akihito (6th in mine and 5th in DL), so it should be +5 instead of +4.

And with Murray Walker (7th in mine and 9th in DL, so I think it's +5 instead of +4.
There is also a mistake with Shannen Doherty since she's in 48th in mine and 49th in DL, so I should be given +5 +3 instead of +10 +3.

My score should be 96 with these corrections. Sorry, @Book. :unsure:

I hang myself up right now! :banghead:

• Haha 1

Book, I think my score misses a zero at the end. Should be +490, instead of +49.

• Haha 2