Book

The DL Prediction Game 2021

Murray Walker was an obvious choice by almost everyone: 14:22, Annami, Bibliogryphon, Book, Buffalo Phil, CaptainChorizo, chilean way, Elephant, Etushispushingupdaisies, gcreptile, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Joey Russ, msc, Prophet, RoverAndOut, The Daredevil, The Old Crem,The Quim Reaper, ThereWillBeDeaths7, TomTomTelekom, Vaagheid, WEP and the Committee, of course.

• Like 4

On 30/11/2020 at 01:28, Book said:

49. Yaphet Kotto

@Book Yaphet Kotto is a unique hit for me! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

@Book Yaphet Kotto is a unique hit for me! 

Thanks, list is updated.

@all: Please tell me if I missed a hit, especially one of the lesser known or more obscure picks.

18 minutes ago, Book said:

Thanks, list is updated.

@all: Please tell me if I missed a hit, especially one of the lesser known or more obscure picks.

@Book So The Quim Reaper and I are currently the two leaders of the side game with nine hits each?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

@Book So The Quim Reaper and I are currently the two leaders of the side game with nine hits each?

That's right!

The next update/leaderboard will be posted after hit No.20; Kotto is hit No.18.

• Like 1

Beverly Cleary clearly is a hit here for Annami, Bibliogryphon, Buffalo Phil, Elephant, Etushispushingupdaisies, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Joey Russ, Steve, The Daredevil, The Old Crem, theoldlady and ThereWillBeDeaths7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Book said:

Beverly Cleary clearly is a hit here for Annami, Bibliogryphon, Buffalo Phil, Elephant, Etushispushingupdaisies, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Joey Russ, Steve, The Daredevil, The Old Crem and ThereWillBeDeaths7.

And I’ve taken the lead with 10 hits in the side game. 

7 hours ago, Book said:

Beverly Cleary clearly is a hit here for Annami, Bibliogryphon, Buffalo Phil, Elephant, Etushispushingupdaisies, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Joey Russ, Steve, The Daredevil, The Old Crem and ThereWillBeDeaths7.

She is also a hit for me. Please see my number 38. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

She is also a hit for me. Please see my number 38. Thank you. 

Thanks, added. Your hit No.8.

• Thanks 1

I guess it's no surprise that Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh was our No.1 pick by far!

19 out of 24 players put it in the first place and thus also correctly predicted the position on the DL. So now points for everyone! :party:

Also, Philip is our 20th hit, so time for an update:

11: The Daredevil: Larry King, Hal Holbrook, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Yaphet Kotto, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

10: The Quim Reaper: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Dai Davies, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

9: Etushispushingupdaisies: Hal Holbrook, Captain Tom Moore, Christopher Plummer, Leon Spinks, George P. Shultz, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

9: gcreptile: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, George P. Shultz, Dai Davies, Rush Limbaugh, Ian St. John, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

9: Joey Russ: Sylvain Sylvain, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

9: theoldlady: Michael McKevitt, Larry King, Hal Holbrook, Susan Bayh, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

9: WEP: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Ian St. John, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

8: Book: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Dai Davies, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

8: Buffalo Phil: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

8: Prophet: Larry King, Leon Spinks, Dai Davies, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

8: Steve: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

8: The Old Crem: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

8: ThereWillBeDeaths7: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

7: 14:22: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

7: Annami: Larry King, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

7: CaptainChorizo: Larry King, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

7: chilean way: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

7: Dying Probably (Elephant): Cicely Tyson, Captain Tom Moore, Christopher Plummer, George P. Shultz, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

7: RoverAndOut: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Ian St. John, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

6: DL Committee: Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, George P. Shultz, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

6: TomTomTelekom: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

6: Vaagheid: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

5: Bibliogryphon: Leon Spinks, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

5: Great Uncle Bulgaria: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

5: msc: Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

Please tell me if I missed a hit, especially one of the lesser known or more obscure picks... :hatsoff:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Book said:

7: Elephant: Cicely Tyson, Captain Tom Moore, Christopher Plummer, George P. Shultz, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

Brilliant showing. I didn't put Limbaugh on this list? He's on my shadow, and I just submitted that. :scratchhead:

3 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Brilliant showing. I didn't put Limbaugh on this list? He's on my shadow, and I just submitted that. :scratchhead:

No, sorry, he's not on the list I have saved. But thanks for reminding me of your new name.

Walter Mondale is hit No. 7 for the DL and also a hit for Bibliogyphon, Dying Probably, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Joey Russ, The Daredevil and TomTomTelekom.

• Like 2

While her husband Kirk was picked by every player last year, Anne Buydens Douglas was picked by only 4 players: Annami, Great Uncle Bulgaria, theoldlady and The Quim Reaper. Congrats! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Surprise André Maranne wasn't on the DL ;)  Whatever, he was predicted by The Daredevil, The Quim Reaper and ThereWillBeDeaths7.

• Like 2

Norman Lloyd was picked in many pools, so it seems, also here by Annami, Bibliogryphon, Dying Probably and The Quim Reaper, but not by the Committee.

• Like 2

Yoo Sang-Chul is a hit for chilean way and theoldlady.

• Like 4

Two had Kenneth Kaunda: 14:22 and The Daredevil.

• Like 2

Oh dear, it is such a drought these days that keep me falling asleep, that I totally missed Dilip Kumar as a hit for chilean way, Steve, theoldlady and The Quim Reaper.

And the mother of French legend Catherine Deneuve, Renée Simonot, has died on the 11th of July and is a solo hit for Dying Probably.

Congrats @all!

• Like 3

Long overdue hit with Gerd Müller for 14:22, Book, CaptainChorizo, gcreptile, RoverAndOut and The Daredevil but -again- not for the DL.

Will check it later whether there is another missing hit.

• Like 2

Aha. It seems like I missed Eric Carle, a hit for Bibliogryphon on May 23rd.

So Gerd Müller is our 30th hit – time for the next update with no changes at the very top (and the bottom, sorry guys):

15: The Daredevil: Larry King, Hal Holbrook, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Yaphet Kotto, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Walter Mondale, André Maranne, Kenneth Kaunda, Gerd Müller

14: The Quim Reaper: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Dai Davies, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Anne Buydens Douglas, André Maranne, Norman Lloyd, Dilip Kumar,

12: theoldlady: Michael McKevitt, Larry King, Hal Holbrook, Susan Bayh, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Anne Buydens Douglas, Yoo Sang-Chul, Dilip Kumar,

10: Dying Probably: Cicely Tyson, Captain Tom Moore, Christopher Plummer, George P. Shultz, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Walter Mondale, Norman Lloyd, Renée Simonot

10: gcreptile: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, George P. Shultz, Dai Davies, Rush Limbaugh, Ian St. John, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Gerd Müller

10: Joey Russ: Sylvain Sylvain, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Walter Mondale,

9: 14:22: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Kenneth Kaunda, Gerd Müller

9: Annami: Larry King, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Anne Buydens Douglas, Norman Lloyd,

9: Book: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Dai Davies, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Gerd Müller

9: chilean way: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Yoo Sang-Chul, Dilip Kumar,

9: Etushispushingupdaisies: Hal Holbrook, Captain Tom Moore, Christopher Plummer, Leon Spinks, George P. Shultz, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

9: Steve: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Dilip Kumar,

9: ThereWillBeDeaths7: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, André Maranne

9: WEP: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Ian St. John, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

8: Bibliogryphon: Leon Spinks, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Walter Mondale, Norman Lloyd, Eric Carle

8: Buffalo Phil: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

8: CaptainChorizo: Larry King, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Gerd Müller

8: Prophet: Larry King, Leon Spinks, Dai Davies, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Trevor Peacock, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

8: RoverAndOut: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Ian St. John, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Gerd Müller

8: The Old Crem: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip,

7: DL Committee: Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, George P. Shultz, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Walter Mondale,

7: Great Uncle Bulgaria: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Murray Walker, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Walter Mondale, Anne Buydens Douglas,

7: TomTomTelekom: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip, Walter Mondale,

6: Vaagheid: Larry King, Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

5: msc: Captain Tom Moore, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Murray Walker, Prince Philip,

Please tell me if I missed a hit, especially one of the lesser known or more obscure picks... :birthday2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ed Asner is an hit for Annami, Etushispushingupdaisies and WEP but not for the DL, where he was selected for the second and last time in 2019.

• Like 2

We really do wonder why Sarah Harding wasn't picked by the Committee because she was the perfect pick: British, very ill, well-known personality, great media coverage...

We = Annami, Book, Buffalo Phil, Prophet, RoverAndOut, Steve, The Old Crem, The Quim Reaper, TomTomTelekom and Vaagheid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Book said:

We really do wonder why Sarah Harding wasn't picked by the Committee because she was the perfect pick: British, very ill, well-known personality, great media coverage...

We = Annami, Book, Buffalo Phil, Prophet, RoverAndOut, Steve, The Old Crem, The Quim Reaper, TomTomTelekom and Vaagheid.

I wasn't massively surprised tbh - the Cmme don't really like going for younger picks. The youngest in recent memory I can think of (cue pedants in 5...) is Joost van der Westhuizen who had ALS.

Thanks to my vacation, I'm a little late. But here are two blasts at once:

Abdelaziz Bouteflika has died on September 17th and he is a hit for 14:22, Bibliogryphon, Book, CaptainChorizo, chilean way, Etushispushingupdaisies, Great Uncle Bulgaria, RoverAndOut, ThereWillBeDeaths7, Vaagheid, WEP and of course the Committee.

Jimmy Greaves, who died two days later, is another hit for the Commitee as well as for 14:22, Bibliogryphon, Book, Buffalo Phil, CaptainChorizo, chilean way, gcreptile, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Joey Russ, msc, Prophet, RoverAndOut, Steve, The Old Crem, TomTomTelekom and WEP.

:party:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2