5 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

R.I.P Meat.  Damn shame. 

You took the words right out of my mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

RIP sad to hear Meatloaf died.

I remember him more from Rocky Horror than anything else: ‘Not Meatloaf again’  ‘That’s no way to pick your friends’ (etc).

SirC

RIP. The best album of the 1970s and also my favourite single of 1982 amongst other accolades.

51 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Some click-bait-like looking metal site knew it:

https://metalsludge.tv/bat-out-of-hell-sources-say-meat-loaf-is-in-very-bad-health-with-covid-and-on-his-deathbed/

Could it actually have been COVID? They didn't officially release a cause of death yet, but maybe he was unvaccinated, so they don't want to reveal that. On the other hand, he might have had quite a few co-morbidities.

That was my first thought, though not based on anything concrete.  I would not be surprsied if he was a right wing anti-vaxxer/COVID conspiracy theorist.

• Haha 3

Slipped inbetween my 2Tone, Jam and Madness vinyl was a copy of Bat Out of Hell. RIP big man.

I had booked to meet him at comic con in London. Such a tragedy to see him go. One of the very best 

Veganuary 1  - Meatloaf 0

Top geezer who didn't take himself too seriously

• Like 2

Sad to see that the BBC obituary omitted his greatest acting role, Dennis the bus driver in Spice World.

Spice World fans, here's EVERY celebrity cameo in the Spice Girls movie |  Closer

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

He was in my very first DDP team on the basis that he always seemed like someone who might keel over at any minute.   

A unique and unforgettable performer.

• Like 2

That's one that has upset me. I was only listening to I Would Do Anything For Love on the way to work this morning. RIP.

Just missed the top 30 in 1986 with Rock N Roll Mercenaries and wouldn't hit the top 30 again until 1993.

Not a miss for my TOTP team, but having picked both Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman 2 years ago and for them both to be dead...wow.

By the way @gcreptile, I know you will still be working on them but the subheading in my Hits of 36 Years Ago team should refer to those who had a hit in 1986. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

A very  firm favourite of an older  relative of mine who died many years ago. He was often singing or playing I will do anything for love but I won't do that  This news has brought back very emotional memories  

A great talent. 

• Like 1

i hear he's been praying for the end of time for a while now. 

rest easy

Been playing I'd do anything for love all morning

RIP

• Like 1

Apparently I'm almost the only one with this opinion, but I couldn't stand his music and didn't think he was that good as an actor either. The worst scene with the worst song on the Rocky Horror Picture Show is the part where Eddie rides his motorcycle to the lab, imo.

But still... R.I.P.

• Like 1

Just now, Book said:

Apparently I'm almost the only one with this opinion, but I couldn't stand his music and didn't think he was that good as an actor either. The worst scene with the worst song on the Rocky Horror Picture Show is the part where Eddie rides his motorcycle to the lab, imo.

But still... R.I.P.

Your not alone with that opinion, don’t worry 

• Thanks 1

Listening to Dead Ringer with a few drinks and I realise this is the biggest musical death of my lifetime (to me personally). None of the giants of my favourite genre have died yet (McCartney, Joel, Manilow, Diamond, Elton, Collins, Sting, Abba, Gallagher, Anderson). A close 2nd= would be Freddie and George Michael. Lennon died before I really got into music, and Bowie I always found annoying, but Meat Loaf deserves the recognition. Thanks Meat.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Listening to Dead Ringer with a few drinks and I realise this is the biggest musical death of my lifetime (to me personally). None of the giants of my favourite genre have died yet (McCartney, Joel, Manilow, Diamond, Elton, Collins, Sting, Abba, Gallagher, Anderson). A close 2nd= would be Freddie and George Michael. Lennon died before I really got into music, and Bowie I always found annoying, but Meat Loaf deserves the recognition. Thanks Meat.

Bowie you found annoying but you love Sting?

Get out.

@Paul Bearer, perma ban please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Huh, I could've sworn that members of Abba were dead.

20 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Edwyn Collins - “I’ve never met a girl like you before” - musical royalty!

2 hours ago, Book said:

But still... R.I.P.

No no, I thought his music was sickening.

• Thanks 1