msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

My Team and Two Theme Teams Submitted.Theme Teams weren`t too difficult but had a lot of excellent names to consider for the main one.

Already kicking myself for leaving out a very strong pick in a theme team I really shouldn`t have forgotten but hey ho.

10 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Does a youtuber meet the fame criteria, and if so, what is the minimum number of subscribers or views needed to become famous enough? For example I have 35 subscribers (no idea why they subscribed) and therefore not famous in the slightest. DanTDM who my kids watch all the time, and is only famous on youtube, has several million subs therefore to my kids is as famous as Cheggers was to me as a kid. But what about someone with 100k subs, or 1m subs or 10k subs? Many popular youtubers would probably get a mention when dying, even if they'd be unknown to most of us.

Hamako Mori, 90-year-old gaming Youtuber is on many things of mine.

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

Mai Team and Two Theme Teams Submitted.Theme Teams weren`t too difficult but had a lot of excellent names to consider for the main one.

Wait a sec - you can submit TWO THEME TEAMS?
Shit. Never realized. 

Decided to have a go at the DDP this year and just sent over my B team via email (I don't have Microsoft on this laptop - sorry!)

Sitting on submitting my main team just in case we have any John Lewis's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Decided to have a go at the DDP this year and just sent over my B team via email (I don't have Microsoft on this laptop - sorry!)

Sitting on submitting my main team just in case we have any John Lewis's.

Well, shit. Time to make a B team so I can sit on it.

8 hours ago, msc said:

Here is my view on the matter - fuck knows!

Look, I get that "new media" is the way of the 21st Century and reality TV or YouTube seems to be a route in actual celebrity now (Scarlett Moffat) or produces people who trend on Twitter (Total Biscuit). I'm out of touch but not a complete Luddite. And if lockdown has shown anything its that there's some really good budding amateur documentary makers putting together small entertaining pieces on YouTube and gaining shitloads of followers.  But if we're going by subscribers - because the hell do I know where the "properly known" line is. (For the record, I find Calvin Dysons James Bond pieces quite rivetting but he only was 33k subscribers, whereas some shit about makeup has millions - as I said, out of touch.)

One pick - you all know who she is - has over 2 million subscribers. I'm not keen on her as  a pick, but at that level of youth reknown I couldn't say they were unknown - even if unknown to me.

But where is the limit?

I'm going to draw an arbritary line at half a million subscribers on their internet channel - be it youtube, twitch, instagram or whatever the fuck folk use nowadays. Half a million seems like a good number.

So, if we all like spam our mates, and they spam their mates - the case who started YIA on this train of thought might just snag the 279,000 extras she needs to qualify, then

So Grace Victory is out! That's a shame i was just going through her channel and there are some real gems:

"In this episode we discuss vaginal dryness, I moan about being unwell lol and we head back into lockdown. This video contains a paid advertorial with Durex." ... and 12,000 views.

And in the list of sites, don't forget the TIKTOK.

Anyway, the ruling has been made, 500k subs. Let's call it the Youth in Asia ruling (the DDP version of the Bosman ruling).

Just submitted:
main team: Today's the day the maggots have their picnic
theme team: The curse of late September

Team Name-Roasting Bodies In Redcar

Margaret Stuart Barry
Lynne Reid Banks
Mary Ward
David Gulpilil
Jean-Claude Carriere
Phyllida Law
Judith Magre
Dai Davies
James Whale
Winnie Ewing
Bobby Charlton 
Sjoukje Dijkstra
Tsai Chin
Laila Morse
Linda Nolan
Edna O'brien
Mike England
June Spencer
Carlos Menem 
Courtney Love

38 minutes ago, YorkshireBanker said:

Team Name-Roasting Bodies In Redcar

Margaret Stuart Barry
Lynne Reid Banks
Mary Ward
David Gulpilil
Jean-Claude Carriere
Phyllida Law
Judith Magre
Dai Davies
James Whale
Winnie Ewing
Bobby Charlton 
Sjoukje Dijkstra
Tsai Chin
Laila Morse
Linda Nolan
Edna O'brien
Mike England
June Spencer
Carlos Menem 
Courtney Love

This is NOT a valid entry  - needs to be emailed to DDP@derbydeadpool.co.uk before midnight on 31st December.

11 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

So Grace Victory is out! That's a shame i was just going through her channel and there are some real gems:

"In this episode we discuss vaginal dryness, I moan about being unwell lol and we head back into lockdown. This video contains a paid advertorial with Durex." ... and 12,000 views.

And in the list of sites, don't forget the TIKTOK.

Anyway, the ruling has been made, 500k subs. Let's call it the Youth in Asia ruling (the DDP version of the Bosman ruling).

One of my subs has 479k, Hamako Mori. She's also a Guiness World Record holder though.

Going Underground version #16 submitted on the shiny new excel form.

Even though it was automated, cheers for the confirmation email GUN.

I'm guessing at 1 unique at best.  I do feel a bit more confident than this years lot though.  Not a good 2020 DP'ing for me.

• Like 1

submitted my teams, forgot to put some subs on there. Was trying to rush it and get it submitted as quickly as possible. 

• Like 1

Re YouTubers.

Might just be me, but I've always found the thought of some teenage girl giving make up tips from the same room she masturbates in quite disturbing. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Re YouTubers.

Might just be me, but I've always found the thought of some teenage girl giving make up tips from the same room she masturbates in quite disturbing. :lol:

I never thought of that but yes that is weird.No idea why you would watch someone putting make up on and consider them talented in the first place.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sean said:

I never thought of that but yes that is weird.No idea why you would watch someone putting make up on and consider them talented in the first place.

There are folk on instagram earning $50k per post. 1% of that would be enough to make me jealous!

Sorry for the question. Might have been answered somewhere in the forum already, but would somebody like Noel Conway or Amy Price (Katies mom) qualify for points in 2021?

55 minutes ago, Eesti said:

Sorry for the question. Might have been answered somewhere in the forum already, but would somebody like Noel Conway or Amy Price (Katies mom) qualify for points in 2021?

Sadly yes and sadly yes, although I wouldn't blame the Cmme for 2022 if they tighten the rules once they see it in action.

• Thanks 1

Ok, which one of my Motley Crew is going to cark it tomorrow ala Claiborne Pell 2009 and fire me to the top of the scoreboard for a few hours?  New years day 2009 my finest Deadpooling moment.

13 hours ago, Eesti said:

If Amy Price is taken by the grim reaper next year l will be fuming.  Decided to leave her out 2021 as although it isn't rocket science, the cynic in me tells me the extent of her illness could all be merely a ploy for Jordon to get her mug (and jugs) in more magazines and gossip columns, imagine that!!

Her picture is staying as my Avatar though for old times sake.

On 29/12/2020 at 19:24, Lard Bazaar said:

Winning team submitted.  

I'll pack up and go home, then

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

I'll pack up and go home, then

Don't do that. Losingest* team just submitted.

*Yes, there's a point to this term, there are many who will know what that point is.

• Haha 1