msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

57 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Great to hear! Let's talk tomorrow, it's getting late for me now, sadly.

If you need any more help, I'm pretty free this week and very bored

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Banana said:

If you need any more help, I'm pretty free this week and very bored

Good to know, thanks Banana!

We'll see what we can do during the week, and what's left for the weekend.

22 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Heading Nowhere goes top if I'm right?

Hmm

Fuck-ton of teams and many jokers riding on Rush - pleasantly surprised to have shed a quarter of my talent already. That'll save on the half-time sandwiches :unsure:

I jokered him off the logic that it would make the fucker's death doubly satisfying

Mission complete!

On 14/02/2021 at 16:30, Ulitzer95 said:

*6/40

And more importantly... my first DDP hit this year. Finally! 

*7/40

Impressive.

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

*7/40

Impressive.

And to think we thought 6/40 by early March last year was impressive...

Fuck sake - I had Limbaugh and he was so widely fancied I've actually dropped down the table because a few with him as a joker have taken a brief surge upwards.

Two hits in three days including my joker.  At least Cancel My Appointments is moving the right direction.  Why the Brits give no fucks about their dressage rider/judge/author/Olympian is beyond me.  I’ve not given up on him yet.

SC

Just checked and my B-Team "Leftovers" seems to have been assigned the wrong Patricia Healey. Name on DDP is another actress Patricia Healy with no second E. Checked my initial submission email and I did have it spelt Healey (Humperdinck's wife/actress) so not trying to pull a fast one. Didn't know where else to post so hopefully someone can fix and thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adrian0719 said:

Just checked and my B-Team "Leftovers" seems to have been assigned the wrong Patricia Healey. Name on DDP is another actress Patricia Healy with no second E. Checked my initial submission email and I did have it spelt Healey (Humperdinck's wife/actress) so not trying to pull a fast one. Didn't know where else to post so hopefully someone can fix and thanks!

Acknowledged, it will be done.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

The climbers

I believe this BBC article has now been updated to declare them dead? Is it a QO?

Missing climber Mohammad Ali Sadpara and two others who went missing earlier this month while attempting to scale the world's second-highest mountain have been officially declared dead.

But Sadpara will be remembered as a versatile climber by the international community of mountaineers, and a hero in his native Pakistan.

He is the only Pakistani to have climbed eight of the world's 14 highest mountains, and he made the first ever winter ascent of the world's ninth highest peak, Nanga Parbat.

On Friday 5 February, he went missing along with two others - Iceland's John Snorri and Chile's Juan Pablo Mohr - while trying to climb K2, the world's second highest peak at 8,611m (28,251 ft) and also reputedly the deadliest.

His son Sajid was also a member of the team and the idea was for the father-and-son duo to summit K2 without oxygen, a feat never done before in winter. But Sajid had to turn back from a spot called the Bottleneck - also known as the "death zone", some 300 metres from the top - after he felt sick.

Afterwards, he helped military-led rescue teams scour the mountain for signs of his father and the other two men.

On Thursday, the search was officially called off - and all three climbers declared dead.

Precedent says...yes!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

The climbers

I believe this BBC article has now been updated to declare them dead? Is it a QO?

Surprised it took the BBC so long. They went missing 14 days ago. It's not exactly like they stopped off somewhere for a cuppa with a yeti, is it?

A brilliant DDP team idea GUN. Could have easily won you the DDP if the expedition had produced 3-4 more fatalities.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Surprised it took the BBC so long. They went missing 14 days ago. It's not exactly like they stopped off somewhere for a cuppa with a yeti, is it?

A brilliant DDP team idea GUN. Could have easily won you the DDP if the expedition had produced 3-4 more fatalities.

Yes unfortunately I didn’t have Mohr in my team.

i was unlucky that so few actually attempted the final ascent - Tamara Lunger my joker turned back at camp 3 and a few others never got beyond base camp.

Still they are all climbers and the year is young but I think they got QOs because of what they were attempting to do as much as who they are.

• Like 2

Runaway leader in the theme team league when its updated, though.

Good way to bridge the current dry spell.

And congratulations GUN, very well done.

It has come to my attention that one extremely obvious case of "cancer bride" slipped through the cracks and got into the competition - because it was an old pick that didn't have to be added into the database and so slipped under the radar.

Well, I replaced her now with a sub. 

• Like 5

Just realized that the death last month of Bruce Kirby has yet to be marked in the DDP system. He got a Sun QO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

To whoever picked the picture for Krystal Ball, well done!

Alright... we are still missing a letter, but yes, 99% of the new DDP pictures are done.

Have a look if you want to, look at the Balls and Tits, etc...

And give your salute to our diligent contributors!

@Toast

@Death Impends

@Dying Probably

@time

@Ulitzer95

And thanks for the additional offers of help! They are always appreciated.

• Thanks 4

On 18/02/2021 at 02:21, Sir Creep said:

Two hits in three days including my joker.  At least Cancel My Appointments is moving the right direction.  Why the Brits give no fucks about their dressage rider/judge/author/Olympian is beyond me.  I’ve not given up on him yet.

SC

If the Olympic games goes ahead in the summer we might be in luck and he gets a mention somewhere.

3 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

To whoever picked the picture for Krystal Ball, well done!

Twas my doing

DDP was well overdue for more pics that take the complete piss in the vein of Meat Loaf's :biggrin:

• Like 2

On 01/01/2021 at 15:04, time said:

As is customary, show & tell - 

My non-theme team (time's-up team), carrying the majority of last year's survivors over

Tony Murray (J)
Shahabuddin Ahmed
Patricia Bredin
James Burrows
Tony Butler
Daphne Fowler
Richard Franklin
William Gaunt
Jimmy Greaves
Bernard Haitink
Gerald Harper
Colin Jeavons
George "Johnny" Johnson
Pete Muray
Robin Parkinson
Jim Parks Jr.
Otto Rehhagel
Clifford Rose
Don Smith
Muhammed Rafiq Tarar

Theme team (...and its goodnight etc), again withlast year's survivors.

Ronald Blythe
Ronnie Campbell
Walter Cunningham
Ronnie Dawson
Ron Dennis
Ron Ely
Ronald Fearn (J)
Ron Flowers
Ron Isley
Ron Jones
Ron Kovic
Ronnie Milsap
Ron Paul
Ronald Pickup
Rony Robinson
Ronnie Spector
Ronald Venetiaan
Ronald Wayne

Ronnie Wood
Ron Yeats

Ronnie Atkins was originally in the team, and joker, but died a couple of days too early; Fearn is hence promoted to joker and Wood comes into the team

No doubt I'll find out halfway through the year which one of them is already dead.

Ronald Pickup, put down.

eta. He first entered the 'Rons' team in 2016, thus this was his 6th and final appearance; he was a unique pick every year.

• Like 1

I just realized you have the wrong year of birth for Joan Jara. It should be 1927 instead of 1957.