msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

On 22/07/2021 at 23:04, Sir Creep said:

Not one comment on the daring hit of young Biz Markie for lowly Sir Creep.  It was awesome, and yes I'll break my arm patting myself on the back.  Not even a mention that he was DEAD in this thread.  pffft.
Lowly SC

On 23/07/2021 at 00:01, msc said:

In my defence, I didn't twig Marcel Hall was yer Biz Markie. Well done. And also to Misers and The Sound of the Underground (the beat of the drum goes round and around).

When the worn out sod in charge of the front page gets to it, you shall be noted.

I am a host of my word!

Biz Markie - Derby Dead Pool

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

With most of the picks in recent months coming for Gooseberry, you can (or I can) forget how close it is at the top. 3 points lead now, with Spade in 4th place only 8 points behind the Captain.

4 minutes ago, msc said:

With most of the picks in recent months coming for Gooseberry, you can (or I can) forget how close it is at the top. 3 points lead now, with Spade in 4th place only 8 points behind the Captain.

Well I'm at base camp.....

in Hell.

6 minutes ago, msc said:

Guess Henderson gets me within 3 points of the lead

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well I'm at base camp.....

in Hell.

2 hits from 60 so far? That's got to be at least 10 feet up the mountain. :D

(Hey, my Christie theme team has given the gift of life to folk. Nul points. I do like most of the folk on it, mind you!)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, msc said:

2 hits from 60 so far? That's got to be at least 10 feet up the mountain. :D

(Hey, my Christie theme team has given the gift of life to folk. Nul points. I do like most of the folk on it, mind you!)

I have always thought of you  and got the impression  you are a highly  skilled  veteran consieur  at deadpooling  based on your forum posts although  I haven't examined your success  rate too much.

I'm genuinely  surprised  you are on nul points but two points.  The year isn't over, so a deluge  in autumn is still possible but also perhaps  this year  you've just been unlucky.  I think it happens to the best of deadpoolers. 

But I have always assumed admittedly with little analysis that you are  one of the  gold standard players on this forum.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Guess Henderson gets me within 3 points of the lead

Yep, now at a point where Bob Dole becomes a big kingmaker for the DDP

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

“It was on Ched’s show that At Buchanan and Teve Torbes first agreed that Dob Bole should drop out. At said, ‘Teve, what about Dob?’ Then Dob motioned for At to come towards Steve...".....”Teve Torbes, At, Dob Bole, Uchanan, Ucotos, Ucomos, Ucant, Teve, At, Bole, Dat, Boba Fet, Toni Kukoc, Bee-Bo-Bo, Lamar Alexander 2.”

...Hope someone gets that reference

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I have always thought of you  and got the impression  you are a highly  skilled  veteran consieur  at deadpooling  based on your forum posts although  I haven't examined your success  rate too much.

I'm genuinely  surprised  you are 9n nul points but two points.  The year isn't over, so a deluge  in autumn is still possible but also perhaps  this year  you've just been unlucky.  I think it happens to the best of deadpoolers. 

But I have always assumed admittedly with little analysis that you are  one of the  gold standard players on this forum.

Theme team, Gooseberry, not the main team - Curtain - it's 20 people who played the murderer in Agatha Christie adaptations! I thought that was a great idea if I dare say so myself! Hah.

(The main team - Pan Breed -  has finished 5th twice. Its currently in 25th place. I have a knack of what Spade once called trying to go for interesting or exciting picks where a duller but safer 70 year old would be better suited! :D)

I'll take "highly skilled veteran... gold standard" any day though. :lol:

Surprisingly good at sussing out long term trends, rubbish at 12 month ones! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Ah, a Drop 40 A list kingmaker in potential. Reminds me of Bruce Forsyth in 2017.

And Brucie went in August.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Theme team, Gooseberry, not the main team - Curtain - it's 20 people who played the murderer in Agatha Christie adaptations! I thought that was a great idea if I dare say so myself! Hah.

(The main team - Pan Breed -  has finished 5th twice. Its currently in 25th place. I have a knack of what Spade once called trying to go for interesting or exciting picks where a duller but safer 70 year old would be better suited! :D)

Oh  that sounds a lot more positive! I'd be happy to end up in the top 100 at the end of the year with any of my delicious  crumbles!:lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

“It was on Ched’s show that At Buchanan and Teve Torbes first agreed that Dob Bole should drop out. At said, ‘Teve, what about Dob?’ Then Dob motioned for At to come towards Steve...".....”Teve Torbes, At, Dob Bole, Uchanan, Ucotos, Ucomos, Ucant, Teve, At, Bole, Dat, Boba Fet, Toni Kukoc, Bee-Bo-Bo, Lamar Alexander 2.”

...Hope someone gets that reference

Steve Forbes hosting SNL in the mid 90s. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh  that sounds a lot more positive! I'd be happy to end up in the top 100 at the end of the year with any of my delicious  crumbles!:lol:

Blueberry on course but probably needs another pick or two (watch Joanne Woodward and Clarissa Eden, I guess!).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, msc said:

Blueberry on course but probably needs another pick or two (watch Joanne Woodward and Clarissa Eden, I guess!).

Yup and maybe a unique  or two like Susan Harris or Maggie Kirkpatrick  for good measure just to be sure!!:D

First of two DDP updates tonight.

Firstly - The Stats and Facts Page has been updated for the first time since 2017. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Second of two updates.

The DDP Archive is finally here.

The entire history of the competition, as much as we have, in one place. Links to old competitions, the analysis from the hosts, historical bits that might help. 

I hope it is of use. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Hadn't even hit me I was so high up on the career points totals!

Brill work! (and not just because it means a little less work for me come 2022... :biggrin:)

• Like 1

Wow! is all I can say to that.

• Like 2

A truly important undertaking and one I'm amazed has been performed by human beings. Kudos.

• Like 3

There are still bits and bobs missing (like an A-Z of obits from the new site, and maybe transferring over some of TMIB's work*) and the 2011 analysis was sent by email so pretty much lost and therefore reconstructed in 2003-7 style minus the maths and tables/graphs, but I wanted to make it so people could basically find stuff which was all over the place. On three different websites in places. DI checked a lot of the earlier drafts and provided help and suggestions. The added history bits I thought there would be more of, tbh, but hopefully they are interesting insights.

*This was already done with his End of Year bits as they just weren't linking properly in the old blog format. 

The Stats and Facts, on the other hand, are a fucking nightmare to manually update. I'm glad to never have to do that one again! 

On 06/08/2021 at 14:37, msc said:

Second of two updates.

The entire history of the competition, as much as we have, in one place. Links to old competitions, the analysis from the hosts, historical bits that might help. 

I hope it is of use. 

Excellent work

Nice to get a mention in the Tom O'Connor obit.

(Was there really that little to say about the silver fox of the comedy circuit? :lol:)

• Like 1

On 06/08/2021 at 19:26, msc said:

First of two DDP updates tonight.

Firstly - The Stats and Facts Page has been updated for the first time since 2017. 

On 06/08/2021 at 19:37, msc said:

Second of two updates.

I hope it is of use. 

Thanks, an impressive body (ha ha) of work! I'm not sure it'll be of much use to me, but will certainly be of interest! (and thanks for including my teams in the "notable debuts").

• Like 1