msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

@msc Just saw your post  on the Derby Dead Pool website about stepping down  from the  DDP   and  your excellent replacement  @Death Impends

A brilliant post full of your characteristic ooomph and flair and your hardwork is appreciated......but don't worry I fully intend to keep you very busy on my Crumble team hits between  now and new years eve!:lol:

Christina Crawford, Bob Falkenburg,  Ronnie Knight,  Vera Miles, Rosemary Squires,  Susan Harris, Pope  Benedict, Ron Stander and others  watch out!!

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Christina Crawford, Bob Falkenburg,  Ronnie Knight,  Vera Miles, Rosemary Squires,  Susan Harris, Pope  Benedict, Ron Stander and others  watch out!!

Hmmm... my admired Vera Miles... she'll resist for at least two or three more years. :lol:

Or so I hope. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Characteristic typos too! Must fix those in the morning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

Hmmm... my admired Vera Miles... she'll resist for at least two or three more years. :lol:

Or so I hope. :(

Four and a half months to see whos right!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Four and a half months to see whos right!!

Alright, I'll take that bet, my friend. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Indeed, sorry, no time!

I'm thankful for the watchful eyes nonetheless, and by the way, @YoungWillz: How good are you with excel?

• Like 1

Just now, gcreptile said:

Indeed, sorry, no time!

I'm thankful for the watchful eyes nonetheless, and by the way, @YoungWillz: How good are you with excel?

It's a mystery to me, excel something about figures, right? 

Yeah, never understood it, barely get by on wordpad!

• Haha 1

On 17/08/2021 at 10:10, Joey Russ said:

Bob Fass from my counterculture theme team somehow didn’t get a QO…

Just bringing this down again since this seemed to have been overlooked

On 17/08/2021 at 12:37, Spade_Cooley said:

Bandura gets an obit through the Yahoo loophole (the same loophole that refuses to cough up a QO for Ezra Nawi): https://uk.news.yahoo.com/albert-bandura-1925-2021-renowned-095354026.html

Bandura got an Independent Obit just yesterday, finally. Maybe someone at the Independent reads this forum? I think there were a couple of forum-relevant names, Independent only like Barbara Hammer and Cynthia Heimel.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/albert-bandura-psychology-obituary-death-b1900898.html

20 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Austin Mitchell for the List of the Missed: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2017/celebs_M.html#mitca0

Albert Bandura awaiting his death registered, I'm guessing we're awaiting another death to do a more comprehensive update.

Thanks ! I knew I'd picked him previously but thought it was on the death by numbers  pool!

• Like 1

Yeah, that team is a bit "Nicked, but not dead" or "Diana Rots". Still, the tactic to just pick the hot deadpooling shit from the year before, is not the worst...

• Like 1

Just now, gcreptile said:

Yeah, that team is a bit "Nicked, but not dead" or "Diana Rots". Still, the tactic to just pick the hot deadpooling shit from the year before, is not the worst...

I mean, we all mock Diana Rots teams but then pretty much everyone goes "Hmm, nice unique you've got there, mate" and immediately shortlists them. I may have once nicked DDT's joker the following year, but tbf if someone does keep going on about how great a pick is you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. :lol:

• Like 2

On 25/08/2021 at 05:10, YoungWillz said:

In case the Scotsman isn't a source, the BBC have come through unsurprisingly with a QO for Elizabeth Blackadder: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58324930

Oh nice, a unique pick for my theme team The Curse of Late September

EDIT: thanks for a most amusing DDP write-up, although I'd like to clarify I didn't "get my timing wrong". The name of the team refers to their date of birth, not when I think they will die. She was born on 24 September.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2021 at 11:51, WEP said:

And one more Nordic, this time a Baltic one:

Aino Käärik, 102 passed away without scoring or leaving an English obit: 

3 minutes ago, WEP said:

And one more Scandinavian

Oh yes, we really struggled to find a photo of her.

• Like 3

I'm sure I'm not missing something but all those Nobel/Smart teams didn't pick Edmond H Fischer for this year - yes, the oldest (formerly) living Laureate.

Picked as long ago as 2011 and on and off thereafter: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2011/celebs_F.html#fisce

Another for the List of the Missed, @msc.

• Thanks 2

On 26/08/2021 at 16:03, WEP said:

And one more Scandinavian

I don't know if this is a compliment, but Estonians are not Scandinavians. But we prefer to be Scandinavians, not Baltic (and of course, we are far from slavic).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eesti said:

I don't know if this is a compliment, but Estonians are not Scandinavians. But we prefer to be Scandinavians, not Baltic (and of course, we are far from slavic).

As a Scandinavian by heart it is of course a compliment. I did not want to insult anyone, just to connect my post to the previous one.

I had been in Tallin years ago and it reminded me on some Swedish citys I visited. The Estonian language is neither Slavic nor Scandinavian, but due to the similarities to Finnish language, it could be more the second one.

Sorry for mixing it up.:sleep:

• Like 3

What a difference a year makes. August was my best month in DDP last year. This year, my main team has been at wooden spoon since early March.