msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

Me and I will stand by that statement. Only people who can come close are Public Enemy and the Pet Shop Boys.

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Eileen Ash BBC Obit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59533539

Never mind, seems she wasn't picked this year, unless I'm missing something. Must be a Lista Misseda surely.

Picked by 7 teams, only the DDP has had her under Eileen Whelan for decades!

EDIT - By decades I mean since 2015 when TMIB registered.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Picked by 7 teams, only the DDP has had her under Eileen Whelan for decades!

EDIT - By decades I mean since 2015 when TMIB registered.

I also checked to see if she was picked and was shocked when it appeared she wasn’t. 

59 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I also checked to see if she was picked and was shocked when it appeared she wasn’t. 

I'll out myself as one of the seven who picked her. Summat I've done for a few years without success. Always a hard one to call so - despite her age - it was still summat of a surprise when she checked out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The duchess of Grafton with a QO:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2021/12/05/dowager-duchess-grafton-steadfast-confidante-queen-performed/

Have I missed any obits so far? I will be gone for a week from tomorrow on - so no score updates during that time.

I think you are up to date as much as you can be but don't worry I will make sure that all of the many hits in my Crumble teams are posted and logged with qualifying obituaries  to keep you busy when you get back!!:P;):D

Enjoy your holiday  !:)

• Like 1

On 04/12/2021 at 06:12, Spade_Cooley said:

Me and I will stand by that statement. Only people who can come close are Public Enemy and the Pet Shop Boys.

I’m not saying they were good.

I’m saying no one ‘rated’ them.  They were a slight blip on college radio formats and but for Dolby producing their drivel wouldn’t have been otherwise noticed.  How they were ‘over’ rated I leave for you to explain.  If your country loved/rated them, your country’s denizens were/are twats.

SC

I have no comments on Prefab Sprout. Descriptions are rarely changed once up there, which is why Prunella Scales still has Rude Kid's surprisingly acidic one from 2007!

252 hits recorded for 2021, plus Tits if they QO (and since when has The Sun turned down an opportunity to talk about Tits metric?)

278 the record, 25 days left in the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

plus Tits if they QO (and since when has The Sun turned down an opportunity to talk about Tits metric?)

If he isn't plastered all over page 3 tomorrow I will be very disappointed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, msc said:

I have no comments on Prefab Sprout. Descriptions are rarely changed once up there, which is why Prunella Scales still has Rude Kid's surprisingly acidic one from 2007!

252 hits recorded for 2021, plus Tits if they QO (and since when has The Sun turned down an opportunity to talk about Tits metric?)

278 the record, 25 days left in the year.

Definitely  doable!! 

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Lina Wertmuller QO: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-10292731/Wertmueller-1st-woman-nominated-directing-Oscar-dies.html

And don't forget Bertram Bowyer who already has a Telegraph obit.

Ooh sounds like you carefully  observe the DDP.  So what are the number of hits in the pool now please? How much has it risen from 252?

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Ooh sounds like you carefully  observe the DDP.  So what are the number of hits in the pool now please? How much has it risen from 252?

Those 3 plus Ben Halim = 256 that I'm aware of. 

• Thanks 1

Indeed, we are slowly and surely moving towards the record. I think we can also expect some year-end round-up hits. Maybe more than usual, because all the obit writers were fired, so they just give a short notice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Indeed, we are slowly and surely moving towards the record. I think we can also expect some year-end round-up hits. Maybe more than usual, because all the obit writers were fired, so they just give a short notice.

I'm getting increasingly confident that my prediction of an enema breaking last years DDP 278 total will come true.Not over confident  but daring to 'hope' if that's an appropriate  word in the circumstances. 

Michael Nesmith for the LOTM. Last picked in 2019

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Michael Nesmith for the LOTM. Last picked in 2019

Might be a run on Mickey Dolenz for 2022, then - and/or a Monkees vs Beatles survivor poll.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Comic book author Don Asmussen for the List of the missed:

https://www.kqed.org/news/11898750/well-miss-you-don-asmussen

When I was putting together my team for 2021 I kept thinking ‘Asmussen someone good’.  NOW I remember!

SC

• Like 1

What’s this crap?  I’m guessing it’s the only name out of 5000 you said this about.  What’s the basis, your ASSUMPTION?  

Johnson, Johnny
Born 20 July 1942  (Florida, USA)
Frontman of Johnny Johnson and the Bandwagon, a band with two top ten hits in the UK in the 1960s and 70s. He probably died a long time ago, off the radar and will not be eligible in 2022.”

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

What’s this crap?  I’m guessing it’s the only name out of 5000 you said this about.  What’s the basis, your ASSUMPTION?  

Johnson, Johnny
Born 20 July 1942  (Florida, USA)
Frontman of Johnny Johnson and the Bandwagon, a band with two top ten hits in the UK in the 1960s and 70s. He probably died a long time ago, off the radar and will not be eligible in 2022.”

He was rumoured to have died from cancer in the 70s.

I know you hate the UK Singles Chart thread but maybe you should check in once in a while. We shared a few sources that claimed this info. ;)