msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

Yes, we found it out very late. Sorry, but it happens. If your first sub were to die, I'd even change the team, this late in the year - though, in the end, if you pick them you should check yourself. We know it's hard in some cases though. But I guess that's the danger of the more obscure theme teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yes, we found it out very late. Sorry, but it happens. If your first sub were to die, I'd even change the team, this late in the year - though, in the end, if you pick them you should check yourself. We know it's hard in some cases though. But I guess that's the danger of the more obscure theme teams.

I think a fortnight from date of publication of the list of celebrities is quite sufficient for the Committee to be notified of any changes. Especially where there are two folk of the same/similar name...one dies and the other is named, so in steps the player to say oh yeah, I meant the dead one. What, in fucking June? NAWWWWWWW!

I'd say you have a limited time to ensure your team is correct otherwise you live with the team you're given.

There's also plenty of eyes here on the list watching for duplications etc.

• Like 1

Lucia Hiriart is my 10-th hit 5 months after Dilip Kumar...what a poor semester :facepalm:

Very nice, well, I'll be gone for a week from tomorrow on (again). We have lost some speed in reaching the DDP record. It seems out of reach now. But let's see what the Christmas days bring. Who knows, maybe people see another bad year ahead of them and decide to drop out before.

So, no updates until the 28th from me.

And I will submit my DDP teams on the 29th.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Very nice, well, I'll be gone for a week from tomorrow on (again). We have lost some speed in reaching the DDP record. It seems out of reach now. But let's see what the Christmas days bring. Who knows, maybe people see another bad year ahead of them and decide to drop out before.

Feliz Navidad and all that rot. 

Have a lovely time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I haven't  given up hope yet on the enema  busting the record! You just never know! A glut  could be imminent   Tight situation but not impossible or implausible. Keep the  faith the rewards could be great!

Enjoy your holiday and some much deserved leisure and rest! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who needs to be added to the total?

Arthur Smith
Leslie Brown
Sally Ann Howes
Jack Hedley
Thomas Kinsella (hasn't got one yet but he's a dead cert QO within the next 24 hours)

Anyone else?

The total stands at 261 (266 if you add the 5 above). The record is 278. 12 needed. 9 days remaining...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Leslie Brown
Sally Ann Howes
Jack Hedley
Thomas Kinsella (hasn't got one yet but he's a dead cert QO within the next 24 hours)

Anyone else?

The total stands at 261 (265 if you add the 4 above). The record is 278. 13 needed. 9 days remaining...

Even if we don’t break the record we will likely beat last year if the same fame rules being used this year were in place last year. 

33 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Even if we don’t break the record we will likely beat last year if the same fame rules being used this year were in place last year. 

Yeah but this year there was an extra incentive to pick uniques and so there are more celebrities selected (I think).

45 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Leslie Brown
Sally Ann Howes
Jack Hedley

Anyone else?

The total stands at 261 (265 if you add the 4 above). The record is 278. 13 needed. 9 days remaining...

Also Arthur Smith from the same BBC sports deaths article as Leslie Brown.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Yeah but this year there was an extra incentive to pick uniques and so there are more celebrities selected (I think).

A brilliant genius idea incentivising the uniques. Adds  a further level of interest  for both players picking their own teams and reading through other players teams.

• Like 1

Just noticed that we haven't had any points for Sarah Lillian Priest, oldest UK person who died in June this year.

1 hour ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Just noticed that we haven't had any points for Sarah Lillian Priest, oldest UK person who died in June this year.

Yes, because shockingly she did not receive a single mention in a QO

Yeah that was a genuine shocker. Even more than Morris fn Perry.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Yeah that was a genuine shocker. Even more than Morris fn Perry.

She didn’t even seem to get a local Obit from what I find on Google. 

10 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Yes, because shockingly she did not receive a single mention in a QO

If only she had played international croquet or something.....

• Haha 1

Not  a pick of mine but Robin Le Mesurier has died. Was briefly in The Wombles but was kicked out after being done for possession.

Was clearly wombling a bit too freely at the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ethnic cleansing said:

Did Tim Bilton pass away on Christmas Eve?????

Given that Bilton himself posted after spam websites “reported” he died, definitely not 

I realize we have a few days left but who do you think is the most surprising List of the Lost person? I would say Lester Wolff. There are far more obscure US congressmen or women who have gotten UK obituaries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

I realize we have a few days left but who do you think is the most surprising List of the Lost person? I would say Lester Wolff. There are far more obscure US congressmen or women who have gotten UK obituaries.

Yes, him or the oldest person in the UK title holder. That was another surprise.

• Like 1