msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

WEP, are you perchance the DDPer behind Not Gone Yet Still Forgotten?

• Like 1

Anyone finding this year incredibly tough to rattle down to 20 names?

Generally I'm struggling to find 5-10 decent 'terminal cases' who'll obit', this year I've got 20 names with a life expectancy under 2 years, a reasonable level of youth and a guaranteed obit. Obviously I'd prefer that to be under 1 year, but it seems insane the amount of solid DDP picks kicking around this year, I can imagine next year it's not only going to be good enough to find terminals, but you'll need to get the other aspects right too. I could genuinely see a handful of teams getting 20 out of 20 next year. 

hi guys is the email

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

Or

ddp2020@derbydeadpool.co.uk

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

hi guys is the email

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

Or

ddp2020@derbydeadpool.co.uk

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

Just as matter of interest what makes you think it is the other as I’ve noticed others have sent to wrong address before the right one.

Cheers, GUN

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

Just as matter of interest what makes you think it is the other as I’ve noticed others have sent to wrong address before the right one.

Cheers, GUN

I believe in past years the email included the year in the email as well iirc. So that’s probably the confusion 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

I believe in past years the email included the year in the email as well iirc. So that’s probably the confusion 

I am led to believe they both go to the same place. Calling Dr @Grim Up North?

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I am led to believe they both go to the same place. Calling Dr @Grim Up North?

I'm going to sound like a dinosaur here but I have absolutely no idea.

I sent mine to ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk and it arrived so that definitely worked.

When I send the email out it is bcc so in the To box is the address ddp2020@derbydeadpool.co.uk so I thought I should have set up a ddp2021@derbydeadpool.co.uk but I didn't have a clue how to do that so I just used last years. I had presumed until now that everyone sending to the 2020 address was doing Reply All because the email itself comes from ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk.

If that has completely confused everybody then sorry but in summary.

Send your entry email to ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk - 59 teams have already successfully found their way there which is 10 more than last year at same day after entry opening so I don't think there is any issue.

Cheers, GUN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

Cheers, GUN

Previous years it added the year and unsure as 2020 came up in the reply part. Glad it's just the standard one email address now.

No worries GUN and thank you for all the work you're doing running this.

Wondering if the statistics of lifetime hits, points,  etc. will return to the DDP?

Asking for a friend.

12 minutes ago, deadsox said:

Wondering if the statistics of lifetime hits, points,  etc. will return to the DDP?

Asking for a friend.

Hopefully, but like Player of the Month, these things need worked out manually. To work out how many DDP hits Toast has had, for example, you have to count them.

• Like 1

With so many eligible Toms about to shuffle off next year, if Stairway Tom Heaven doesn't come close, it will be because they didn't pick the right ones. It will be the surprise entry of next year if they get it right.

My team is in. Thanks for organising this.

By end of 14th December last year 63 teams had entered the DDP.

By early morning 14th this year 96 teams are entered (a 52% increase!).

:smoking-smiley:

• Like 3

My team sent good luck to everyone.

I replied to message and might have sent it twice by mistake but the email is the same.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Unknown Man said:

My teams have been sent in. Good luck to everyone.

8 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

My team sent good luck to everyone.

I replied to message and might have sent it twice by mistake but the email is the same.

Good luck!

It's odd to think that, with 100 teams in already, some folk might already be confirmed for the Drop 40. (No I don't know for sure, I don't see the emails before my team goes in for obvious reasons!)

• Like 2

My debut team, Quite Unwell Illustrious Mortals, has been sent in. Fucking god help it. I’ve only one name out of the twenty that’s got a chance of being unique, and that’s only because it’s stupid.

I still plan on entering some kind of Punt Pool highlights B-team, but I’ll do that when it’s Christmas, the PP entries are closed and I’m drunk.

Best of luck everyone, and yet another deserved thanks to the organisers!

• Like 3

REJECTED PICK

Margaret Keenan the covid vaccine woman.

WHY

As intimated earlier in the week, shes only known for being an unknown who happened to get a vaccine. If she dies of the vaccine, she'll only be famous for dying. I think you'll find the dictatorial lead of msc is harsh but fair. :D

If this annoys anyone's shortlist, kindly bemoan those who spent years picking 20 year old no names with kids and terminal cancer.

Being less grumpy and/or Scottish, the rules are fairly flexibile and lenient but she can't flex over them. It'll be the age. And lack of notability...

I'm only doing this for names actually suggested we had to turn down, because who wants a list of 10, 000 Mirror last christmas stories? Don't say yes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should be worth noting that William Shakespeare the first man to take the vaccine would be (I'm presuming) out of bounds aswell? He was also on my shortlist. 

13 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Should be worth noting that William Shakespeare the first man to take the vaccine would be (I'm presuming) out of bounds aswell? He was also on my shortlist. 

To be or not to be...

Not to be!

(Love that film)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

To be or not to be...

Not to be!

(Love that film)

Ok I now gotta watch this movie. :D 

4 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Ok I now gotta watch this movie. :D 

You've never seen it? It's Arnie taking the piss out of Arnie movies, with Charles Dance as a Bond type villain clearly loving every second. I loved that film as a kid... and as an adult. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

You've never seen it? It's Arnie taking the piss out of Arnie movies, with Charles Dance as a Bond type villain clearly loving every second. I loved that film as a kid... and as an adult. :D

Sadly not. Last Arnie movie I watched was kindergarten cop with my daughter last week and I watched jingle all the way last Christmas. But I will defo put it on my watchlist for Christmas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, msc said:

I think you'll find the dictatorial lead of msc is harsh but fair. :D

If this annoys anyone's shortlist

My shortlist is unannoyed as I haven't got around to one yet, but am trying to find the time to enter for the first time ever, so there will be 'a' list in a bit.

I am *annoyed however that you have followed Sir Cunto's lead in referring to yourself in the third person, please desist immediately.

*No I'm not, I'm just posting this for a giggle.

• Haha 1