Death Impends

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2021

10 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Well, my team who all cantered happily through 2020 are back for another run out with a couple of minor alterations.

1. Dr Francis Jackson

2. Mother Delores Hart

3. Sister Catherine Wybourne

4. Father Lazurus El-Anthony

5. Archbishop Desmond Tutu

6. Nawal El Saadawi

7. The Dalai Lama

8. Fetullah Gulen 

9. Mother Irene Gibson

10. Pope Emeritus Benedict

Sub: Cornelius Horan 

Sister Ruth Augustus

Even with your busy goings on, the HPDP attendance rate that would make the most devout churchgoers proud lives on :bow:

01. Rush Limbaugh

02. Floyd Little   01.01.2021

03. Carlos Menem

04. Rainer Langhans

05. Dai Davis   10.02.2021

06. Jake “The Snake” Roberts

07. Tom Smith

08. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

09. Tom Parker

10. James Whale

Subs:

Gary Burgess

Anne Buydens Douglas

Dennis Skinner

Mary Quant

Bobby Charlton

Alec Head

Jet Black

Sir Frank Williams

Pete Murray

Bernard Cribbins

David Hockney

Phyllida Law

Subs

Hannah Wants

Tom Parker

So unless any significant death has been hidden I'm thinking the title defence rests on this talent

50. Dai Davies - 10 Feb

45. Rush Limbaugh - 17 Feb

40 Jack Arends

35. Tom Smith

30. Lee Noble - 21 March

25. Eileen Ash

20. John Hemingway – last of the few

15. Johnny Johnson - Dambuster

10. Linda Nolan

05. James Whale

Subs

Kane Tanaka

Abdelaziz Bouteflika

Hartlepool Deadlypool

Floyd Little

Carlos Menem

Rainer Langhans

Philipp Mickenbecker

Belinda Sykes

Rush Limbaugh

James Whale

Hamilton Smith

Ottaviano Del Turco

Jimmy Carter

Subs:Tom Weiskopf, Egidius Braun

12 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Would you like to add two sub names? Sub hits can contribute extra points to you with a different scoring system from the main team.

Please

1 Ian st John

2 Cleo Laine

• Thanks 1

My PM'd team

1. Carlos Menem

2. Jimmy Carter

3. Dai Davies

4. Rush Limbaugh

5. David Gulpilil

6. Princess Mikasa

7. Michael Cullen

8. Gavin Robertson

9. James Whale

10. Tom Parker

subs

11. Necro Butcher

12. Floyd Little

Had a lucky escape btw. Had Westphal on team till a last minute Google because I had thought he was an NFL legend!

My team for whom there is no TOM-orrow.

01. Captain Tom Moore (#1 UK Hit Single)

02. Tom Smith (Sco Rugby Player)

03. Tom Brokaw

04. Tom Weiskopf

05. Thomas Keneally

06. Tom Lehrer

07. Tom Parker (The Wanted singer)

08. Tom Stoppard

09. Tom O'Connor (Comedian)

10. Tommy Chong

Subs:

A. James Whale

B. Linda Nolan

• Like 2

Just now, YoungWillz said:

My team for whom there is no TOM-orrow.

01. Captain Tom Moore (#1 UK Hit Single)

02. Tom Smith (Sco Rugby Player)

03. Tom Brokaw

04. Tom Weiskopf

05. Thomas Keneally

06. Tom Lehrer

07. Tom Parker (The Wanted singer)

08. Tom Stoppard

09. Tom O'Connor (Comedian)

10. Tommy Chong

Subs:

A. James Whale

B. Linda Nolan

If I still had likes to give, I would give it here.

• Like 1

Well I am now awake, and have entered Pedro's subs into the system. The masterlist posts for the 43 teams are now unhidden. Good luck to all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We've a list of the missed-er for the HPDP before any actual hits. Real IRA founder Michael McKevitt was selected by four teams last year. One (Banana) did not participate at all this year and three (CaptainChorizo, gcreptile, msc) dropped him. Seeing as McKevitt's group carried out a number of attacks, including the Omagh bombing which led to 29 deaths and at least 220 injuries, the fucker would have carried a crimes against humanity bonus if a full hit. Alas, the participants who dropped him cannot get any points bonanza, but such a welcomed death deserves some sort of reward. McKevitt's wife founded a Real IRA affiliate called 32 County Sovereignty Movement... so the three of you who dropped McKevitt shall get 0.32 points.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

We've a list of the missed-er for the HPDP before any actual hits. Real IRA founder Michael McKevitt was selected by four teams last year. One (Banana) did not participate at all this year and three (CaptainChorizo, gcreptile, msc) dropped him. Seeing as McKevitt's group carried out a number of attacks, including the Omagh bombing which led to 29 deaths and at least 220 injuries, the fucker would have carried a crimes against humanity bonus if a full hit. Alas, the participants who dropped him cannot get any points bonanza, but such a welcomed death deserves some sort of reward. McKevitt's wife founded a Real IRA affiliate called 32 County Sovereignty Movement... so the three of you who dropped McKevitt shall get 0.32 points.

So he died in 2020?

He died in 2021 as far as I can see. Hence his 2020 pickers getting a minuscule fraction of a point this year rather than the full slate of points for last year's game.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not getting a date of death anywhere at the moment.

Might be important for Poker etc.

We have two proper hits now, a tale of two US sportsmen...

The deaths of hospice-bound Floyd Little and glioblastoma-afflicted Paul Westphal were both widely anticipated. Little died yesterday, Westphal today. However, of the two only Little played in a sport (NFL) that is not subject to a Hartlepool Deadlypool penalty. Ergo he was selected by eight teams.

50 points for An Fear Beag, CaptainChorizo, drol, and gcreptile.

45 for Book and Eesti.

40 for Perhaps.

and 25 sub points for msc.

Westphal, on the other hand, played basketball. A sport that negatively impacts any HPDP hit who played it. So a name who likely would have been on more teams had it not been for his resume is instead a unique hit for drol. The base 15 points is dipped by a penalty of 18 (uniqueness bonus times basketball penalty), causing a net loss of 3.

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Westphal, on the other hand, played basketball. A sport that negatively impacts any HPDP hit who played it. So a name who likely would have been on more teams had it not been for his resume is instead a unique hit for drol. The base 15 points is dipped by a penalty of 18 (uniqueness bonus times basketball penalty), causing a net loss of 3.

E74181A2-C092-44C0-A179-70D78FED3934.gif

Soooo much funnier when it was Sir Creep being penalised though.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

Soooo much funnier when it was Sir Creep being penalised though.

*Both* of us tried to warn him and all!

• Like 1

Creep did learn his lesson though. He never picked a baseball or basketball player again, until he picked baseball player Bill Freehan in 2019...

Though luckily for him, Freehan saw the year out and still lives today.

• Haha 2

McKevitt - btw - died today, I've thoughtfully posted a link to the BBC obit on the DDP page, because that's the only pool in which I picked him. 

The US sport heavy start to the year continues. Obese Dodgers great Tommy Lasorda somehow saw 93, but deadpoolers could sense the third strike looming after his hospitalization for heart issues late last year. Even bigger than his gut was his personality, with expletive-laden outbursts a Lasorda trademark. Said outbursts may well be the reaction of his two pickers here.

Yep it's another hit subject to the baseball/basketball penalty. The one saving grace for them is that because two teams - Perhaps and Sean - picked Lasorda, the baseball penalty does not get multiplied by the unique bonus. So while Westphal was a net loss for points, the Lasorda pickers at least see a net gain. The base 40 points for both teams is fouled by 24, gaining them 16 points.

• Like 2

Feck.

Ezra Nawi is a hit for me here, but in the last place position.  All the benefit of having Floyd Little go in 1st position is now gone. I've only been playing this pool for a week, and already I can see the frustrations of it. A small unique bonus is at least some small consolation. I suppose that classifying statutory rape as a crime against humanity is pushing it a little?

Still waiting for the QO. Should it come, it'd be just the basic points plus the unique bonus.

2 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

Feck.

Ezra Nawi is a hit for me here, but in the last place position.  All the benefit of having Floyd Little go in 1st position is now gone. I've only been playing this pool for a week, and already I can see the frustrations of it. A small unique bonus is at least some small consolation. I suppose that classifying statutory rape as a crime against humanity is pushing it a little?

Happened to some people in 2019,Fatimi Ali was an excpected hit .But no one had her predicted for an earlier in the year hit, and those that picked her were mostly in the 5 or 10 point spots.

Kathy Shaidle, sub here for drol, joins Ezra Nawi as those awaiting QO. Almost certainly goes through CBC, or maybe one of the US sources, if a QO does happen.