msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

American photographer Tony Vaccaro (wiki) is one to watch. 99 this year and recently survived COVID-19:

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Tony Vaccaro reigns as one of the few people to have battled both COVID-19 and the beaches of Normandy. 
The photographer will celebrate his 98th birthday with a virtual show at Santa Fe’s Monroe Gallery of Photography through Jan. 17, at monroegallery.com
Vaccaro contracted Covid early in the pandemic – in April. He spent two days in the hospital."

He'll obit too.

Renée Simonot

The French actress turns 110 later in the year

With the obit for Mike Sadek in the baseball thread, THIS photo adorned said obit....and immediately made Sir Creep say HUZZAH!

Pete Rose is very Deathlisty, 79, and supposedly poor health for 18 months already and supposedly in a wheelchair or requiring assistance these days.

There is a history of The Committee listening to Sir Creep's brilliance and being brilliant for doing so.  This would be another one of those times.  You can expect to see Pete Rose in the #14 slot in the 2022 DL list, making it the second time we could retire his number 14.  (That said, why either Henry Aaron or Willie Mays aren't on DL this year is for them to explain.  I wouldn't expect both, but one for sure).  

gallery_xlarge.jpg

19 hours ago, CalebH said:

Renée Simonot

The French actress turns 110 later in the year

Thanks for that gem.  She's never been mentioned on the DL site ever.

Don't really have any info on her but Mystic Meg (Margaret Anne Lake) is now 78.  Maybe one to keep an eye on

52 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Don't really have any info on her but Mystic Meg (Margaret Anne Lake) is now 78.  Maybe one to keep an eye on

Good idea.

We really should keep an eye on everyone in their 70’s that we don’t have any info on!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

If she's put herself on her own DDP team then it may be too late

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dead Wait said:

Good idea.

We really should keep an eye on everyone in their 70’s that we don’t have any info on!!

Someone who is nearly 80

I just caught the end of Inside Culture with Mary Beard on BBC Two. The episode ended with a sequence with several actors reciting a speech from King Lear, all self-filmed at their homes. Tom Courtenay delivers a few lines from his chair, and I'm sorry to say he seems pretty frail, especially after the vigour of Timothy West immediately before him. It looks to me like his hands are shaking uncontrollably, and I don't recall him seeming this frail on Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule two years ago. You can watch it here

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

With the obit for Mike Sadek in the baseball thread, THIS photo adorned said obit....and immediately made Sir Creep say HUZZAH!

Pete Rose is very Deathlisty, 79, and supposedly poor health for 18 months already and supposedly in a wheelchair or requiring assistance these days.

There is a history of The Committee listening to Sir Creep's brilliance and being brilliant for doing so.  This would be another one of those times.  You can expect to see Pete Rose in the #14 slot in the 2022 DL list, making it the second time we could retire his number 14.  (That said, why either Henry Aaron or Willie Mays aren't on DL this year is for them to explain.  I wouldn't expect both, but one for sure).  

gallery_xlarge.jpg

I think someone mentioned on this forum that Pele would show up to the opening of a can of soda if he was paid to do so,to the non American's who have no clue who Pete Rose he is that same type of guy.        Rose has been doing the autograph/book promotion/pitchman etc. circuit nonstop since his coaching/playing career ended. Him slowing that down even in the Covid era doesn't seem like a good sign for his health since he doesn't seem like the type who would ever take time off.

53 minutes ago, President Erdoğan said:

Allow me to introduce myself, I am new here and I will be soon taking over. 

Hello again Mugabe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Hello again Mugabe.

Maybe it really is Pres Erdogan ! 

12 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Maybe it really is Pres Erdogan ! 

Fuck off.

• Thanks 1

Elon Musk

He was one of the people pulling the stringers on the Reddit Gamestop Stock Pumping.  One of the HedgeFund Manager who lost it big is surely to put a hit out on him

• Thanks 1

Depending what happens in the next few months with this coup - Aung San Suu Kyi may want to be considered for the list.

Suu Kyi has had so many health problems during the years and looks frail as a skeleton. Could have her former "archenemy" Than Shwe on the list too, the diabetic 85 (or 87)-year old rumored to have cancer.

The Oz family is rallying support for Grannville Adams after the actor revealed he's been diagnosed with cancer.

Last week, executive producer Tom Fontana and fellow Oz star Dean Winters started a GoFundMe page to help Adams and his family as the actor battles the disease.

"As many of you know, our friend and brother Granville Adams has been diagnosed with cancer. In only a few months, the medical bills have skyrocketed to astronomical levels," Fontana, who created the popular HBO show, wrote. "Not only does he have to battle this ruthless disease, but now he has to fend off the hospital bills the insurance company refuses to pay. In this quarter alone, the unpaid bills have piled up to $69,550."

SC

6 hours ago, arghton said:

Suu Kyi has had so many health problems during the years and looks frail as a skeleton. Could have her former "archenemy" Than Shwe on the list too, the diabetic 85 (or 87)-year old rumored to have cancer.

Have you ever seen a fat Burmese person? I haven't. They seem to have a natural willowly frame. 

Agree about Suu Kyi though, but I think it depends how this coup pans out. Saying that, she's not getting any younger - will be 76 this year.

A slurring and somewhat frail loooking  Sally Thomsett requires the dreaded Pointless "seat" on Pointless Celebs tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

A slurring and somewhat frail loooking  Sally Thomsett requires the dreaded Pointless "seat" on Pointless Celebs tonight.

Came to say the same thing. Worth remembering she's a couple of years older than Jenny Agutter, even though she was the older sister in the film. Still only 70, mind, but doesn't look great.