• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sean said:

B J ?What a name.

mv5bmty3ntu1nzm2n15bml5banbnxkftztywnjq3nzez._v1_.jpg?w=485

• Like 1

14 hours ago, time said:

mv5bmty3ntu1nzm2n15bml5banbnxkftztywnjq3nzez._v1_.jpg?w=485

Q/o surely nailed on in the dead pools that favour UK reporting if only because he sang Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

On 25/03/2021 at 06:08, maryportfuncity said:

Q/o surely nailed on in the dead pools that favour UK reporting if only because he sang Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Also sang the original "Hooked on a Feeling" (not the "ooga chaka" one).

On 31/12/2020 at 14:02, The Quim Reaper said:

May I just be the first this year to ask if anyone has considered the fabulously original names of Norman Lloyd or Beverly Cleary?

Called it you cunts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mohamed Al-Fayed will be 93 next year and i've not seen any recent photo of him other than this one in 2019:

image.png.753d256664ff3c77be73a6b6d247f429.png

• Like 1

Just wondering now because of Connor, who was the youngest person on an official deathlist?

I did once use a 27 year old, solely for join-the-club sakes ^_^

1 hour ago, Miranda lass said:

Just wondering now because of Connor, who was the youngest person on an official deathlist?

I did once use a 27 year old, solely for join-the-club sakes ^_^

That's a bit of a can of worms!

(Number 35 on the 1993 list, which Cmme members have publicly regretted since...)

• Shocked 1

One who'll doubtless prompt debate because he's a borderline FFBI/obitable in his own right case. 

Henry Marsh - terminally ill doctor now front and centre of the right to die debate - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56597771

23 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

One who'll doubtless prompt debate because he's a borderline FFBI/obitable in his own right case. 

Henry Marsh - terminally ill doctor now front and centre of the right to die debate - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56597771

Good one, but I'd say the word "leading brain surgeon" qualifies him. If he were "just some doctor" he would not (But of course, in my heart, every doctor is great).

27 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Wouldn`t say he is purely famous for being ill. Regarded as one of the top neurosurgeons in Europe.CBE for his work two published memoirs multiple appearances on  mainstream Television related to his work even was a guest on Desert Island Discs.All this before he had terminal cancer and came out in favor of assisted dying.He is not a celebrity as such but not  purely FFBI either although that is heightening his profile from I would say an acceptable level of notability for most dead pools around. He is certainly different from the likes of Paul Lamb Tony Nicklinson and Noel Conway who had no public profile before they started campaigning.

Just now, Sean said:

Wouldn`t say he is purely famous for being ill. Regarded as one of the top neurosurgeons in Europe.CBE for his work two published memoirs multiple appearances on  mainstream Television related to his work even was a guest on Desert Island Discs.All this before he had terminal cancer and came out in favor of assisted dying.He is not a celebrity as such but not FFBI either. He is certainly different from the likes of Paul Lamb Tony Nicklinson and Noel Conway who had no public profile before they started campaigner.

Sean speaks sense - 2022 possibles list at MPFC Towers is duly stoked!

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Good one, but I'd say the word "leading brain surgeon" qualifies him. If he were "just some doctor" he would not (But of course, in my heart, every doctor is great).

Mengele says thanks, he was beginning to wonder if anyone still appreciated him!

Josef_Mengele,_Auschwitz._Album_H%C3%B6c

• Haha 2

Yeah, Marsh had some notability - not just in his profession, but as a semi-regular TV/radio expert and he had a TV documentary about his career about 15-20 years ago iirc. I think if you can go "oh yeah that guy" they pass the FFBI bar (unless its oh yeah that FFBI guy of course!).

my nomination for the 2022 list...

Mary Ward (Australian Actress) born 6th March 1915 (Aged 106)
Best known for Prisoner Cell Block H (Mum Brooks), Sons & Daughters (Dee Morrell)

Mary Ward.jpg

• Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I don't know if there is something he's not telling us. But Paul Simon just sold all of his music to Sony for an undisclosed sum.

He will be 80 in October.

He's not telling us how much he got. Likely way less than Dylan ($ 300 million) but probs Neil Young's $150 million deal might be a good guide (bigger hits for Simon but Young's as prolific as fuck so they likely even out). Story, incl. "undisclosed sum" confirmation: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56601086

Oh aye, and the short, chubster plays Glasto ten years back and forgets to iron the skin on his elbows before fluttering his bingo wings in front of unsuspecting festival goers.

_117798098_019964903.jpg

I didn't realize that former chairman of Volkswagen, the predecessor of Ferdinand Piech, Carl Hahn is still alive at 94:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Hahn

As the mastermind behind the VW Golf he is likely obitable.

(However, the latest picture showed him still standing upright.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Jack Hanna has Alzheimer’s

Just saw the news, apparently going downhill quickly. If he gets to 2022, would he get a UK obit?

10 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Just saw the news, apparently going downhill quickly. If he gets to 2022, would he get a UK obit?

I already see three suitable UK media outfits giving him coverage right now, The Sun, The Independent and Yahoo. So the answer is 100% yes.

• Thanks 1