Jump to content
Dying Probably

Ideas and Possibilities for 2022

Recommended Posts

I have a feeling he will get Covid as well considering he'll be going in and out of hospital for medical treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2021 at 01:10, odeon said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_%26_Roy

 

the survivor of siegfriend & roy has terminal cancer

aaand he's gone

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dustin Diamond, if he happens to make it almost another full year with stage 4 cancer.  Just 44 years old, also.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd definitely agree with Harvey Price as a pick, and I believe he has a certain degree of celebrity in his own right. His mum has just confined him to an institution, as she clearly can't handle him any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

Dustin Diamond, if he happens to make it almost another full year with stage 4 cancer.  Just 44 years old, also.  

was about to say. he'll hopefully survive this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, odeon said:

was about to say. he'll hopefully survive this year


You mean you hope Dustin Diamond survives the year so the DL Committee can completely ignore him in time for 2022? :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:


You mean you hope Dustin Diamond survives the year so the DL Committee can completely ignore him in time for 2022? :P

I have full faith in the committee! :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read that Pat Robertson has not been on the 700 Club telecasts recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2021 at 06:18, MrWonderful said:

Oh no doubt.  I think of him as the South African villain in the second Lethal Weapon film and as the Russian ambassador in The Hunt For Red October.  

He has also appeared in the Alec Guiness TV version of Tinker Tailor. He was also in the video of the Pet Shop Boys version of Always on my mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American photographer Tony Vaccaro (wiki) is one to watch. 99 this year and recently survived COVID-19:

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Tony Vaccaro reigns as one of the few people to have battled both COVID-19 and the beaches of Normandy. 
The photographer will celebrate his 98th birthday with a virtual show at Santa Fe’s Monroe Gallery of Photography through Jan. 17, at monroegallery.com
Vaccaro contracted Covid early in the pandemic – in April. He spent two days in the hospital."

He'll obit too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renée Simonot

 

The French actress turns 110 later in the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the obit for Mike Sadek in the baseball thread, THIS photo adorned said obit....and immediately made Sir Creep say HUZZAH!

Pete Rose is very Deathlisty, 79, and supposedly poor health for 18 months already and supposedly in a wheelchair or requiring assistance these days.

There is a history of The Committee listening to Sir Creep's brilliance and being brilliant for doing so.  This would be another one of those times.  You can expect to see Pete Rose in the #14 slot in the 2022 DL list, making it the second time we could retire his number 14.  (That said, why either Henry Aaron or Willie Mays aren't on DL this year is for them to explain.  I wouldn't expect both, but one for sure).  

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CalebH said:

Renée Simonot

 

The French actress turns 110 later in the year

Thanks for that gem.  She's never been mentioned on the DL site ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't really have any info on her but Mystic Meg (Margaret Anne Lake) is now 78.  Maybe one to keep an eye on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Don't really have any info on her but Mystic Meg (Margaret Anne Lake) is now 78.  Maybe one to keep an eye on


Good idea.

 

We really should keep an eye on everyone in their 70’s that we don’t have any info on!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Don't really have any info on her but Mystic Meg (Margaret Anne Lake) is now 78.  Maybe one to keep an eye on

 

If she's put herself on her own DDP team then it may be too late

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dead Wait said:


Good idea.

 

We really should keep an eye on everyone in their 70’s that we don’t have any info on!!

 

Someone who is nearly 80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just caught the end of Inside Culture with Mary Beard on BBC Two. The episode ended with a sequence with several actors reciting a speech from King Lear, all self-filmed at their homes. Tom Courtenay delivers a few lines from his chair, and I'm sorry to say he seems pretty frail, especially after the vigour of Timothy West immediately before him. It looks to me like his hands are shaking uncontrollably, and I don't recall him seeming this frail on Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule two years ago. You can watch it here

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

With the obit for Mike Sadek in the baseball thread, THIS photo adorned said obit....and immediately made Sir Creep say HUZZAH!

Pete Rose is very Deathlisty, 79, and supposedly poor health for 18 months already and supposedly in a wheelchair or requiring assistance these days.

There is a history of The Committee listening to Sir Creep's brilliance and being brilliant for doing so.  This would be another one of those times.  You can expect to see Pete Rose in the #14 slot in the 2022 DL list, making it the second time we could retire his number 14.  (That said, why either Henry Aaron or Willie Mays aren't on DL this year is for them to explain.  I wouldn't expect both, but one for sure).  

gallery_xlarge.jpg

 

I think someone mentioned on this forum that Pele would show up to the opening of a can of soda if he was paid to do so,to the non American's who have no clue who Pete Rose he is that same type of guy.        Rose has been doing the autograph/book promotion/pitchman etc. circuit nonstop since his coaching/playing career ended. Him slowing that down even in the Covid era doesn't seem like a good sign for his health since he doesn't seem like the type who would ever take time off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

There is a history of The Committee listening to Sir Creep's brilliance and being brilliant for doing so.  This would be another one of those times.  You can expect to see Pete Rose in the #14 slot in the 2022 DL list, making it the second time we could retire his number 14.  (That said, why either Henry Aaron or Willie Mays aren't on DL this year is for them to explain.  I wouldn't expect both, but one for sure). 

 

and 23 hours later....
Hall of Famer Henry "Hank" Aaron dies at 86 | News | cbs46.com

And because I DID say it ahead of time, I can now say it was a 'big miss' for the Committee.  And now I have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

 

and 23 hours later....
Hall of Famer Henry "Hank" Aaron dies at 86 | News | cbs46.com

And because I DID say it ahead of time, I can now say it was a 'big miss' for the Committee.  And now I have.

 

And I will say, as I sometimes do, Baseball isn't played in the UK, 'the committee' are cricket fans if anything so naturally Edrich over any baseballer and 'a big miss' is in the eye of the beholder.

Arguing against 'big miss' endlessly might be sisyphean in these parts, but I'm from a stout stock so fuck it I'll plod on.

 

*Personally I'm quite fond of baseball, perhaps perversely, so I know who Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and so on are, even ffs down to your Barry Bonds' and Cal Ripkens. But they aren't and never likely will be, big on this side of the pond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2021 at 22:38, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13823879/coronation-streets-norris-cole-malcolm-hebden-retires/

 

81 year old Coronation Street actor Malcolm Hebden reveals he won't be returning to the show to play Norris Cole as his body is not willing even though the mind is.

 

One to watch me thinks.

Honestly? I thought he was gone already tbh

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2021 at 08:03, Sir Creep said:

 

and 23 hours later....
Hall of Famer Henry "Hank" Aaron dies at 86 | News | cbs46.com

And because I DID say it ahead of time, I can now say it was a 'big miss' for the Committee.  And now I have.

I should have had him on my radar.  I knew he was frail, but I guess I just didn't think he was ready to go in his mid-80's.  Mistake by me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use