Jump to content
Dying Probably

Ideas and Possibilities for 2022

Recommended Posts

Former FBI agent John Connolly was recently granted medical release from prison. Although generally unknown outside of Boston, he was the subject of the Johnny Depp film Black Mass. He's 80 and was recently diagnosed with some form of terminal cancer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2021 at 21:08, Phantom said:

She's currently in a hospice here in Minneapolis

 

I'd heard she was in a hospice. Sounds pretty grave to put it mildly.

 

Met Lori (and the rest of the band) numerous times back in the day, Lori in particular was always super nice. I've got loads of old photos - I'll dig some out when the time comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Phantom said:

I lived in London up until 17 years ago, had a few BIT albums and saw them a couple of times. Having moved to Minneapolis in 2004, they're probably more known in the US. Their popularity rose when grunge came about. They did a reunion gig a few years ago and a friend's daughter's band opened for them.  But to answer your question. if you're in to that style of music, they'll be known to you. 

 

Babes In Toyland were big in alternative and indie circles in the early/mid 90s and toured extensively in the UK. I expect Kat will get an obit in somewhere like The Guardian, especially due to her links to Courtney Love (who famously nicked her style).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vinegar Tits said:

 

I'd heard she was in a hospice. Sounds pretty grave to put it mildly.

 

Met Lori (and the rest of the band) numerous times back in the day, Lori in particular was always super nice. I've got loads of old photos - I'll dig some out when the time comes.

Lori is lovely. I had the honour of working alongside her a couple of times at venues where she was either DJing or working the bar while I ran the merch table for the band playing that night. One such time, I was working for Anna Marie Lewis (Jerry Lee Lewis' niece).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran Barkley

 

The 60 year old retired  boxer had a stroke a few years ago,is diabetic and battled Covid-19 earlier in the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig Charles. He had a heart attack two years ago and had four stents fitted. He claims to have gone from two packs of the gaspers a day down to half a pack, although this interview suggests he isn't exactly moderating things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a camera technician and artist for Disney Studios and notable works she helped with include: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Fantasia and Sleeping Beauty.

 

She experienced 1918 influenza pandemic and now is living through Covid-19 pandemic.

 

She looks quite good for 110.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, errorgorilla said:

Craig Charles. He had a heart attack two years ago and had four stents fitted. He claims to have gone from two packs of the gaspers a day down to half a pack, although this interview suggests he isn't exactly moderating things.

"Midlife crisis" so he is going to live to 112 no chance.70 looks a big stretch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Aaron Neville turned 80 years old Sunday, the first of three New Orleans rhythm & blues legends hitting that milestone in 2021. Next month, it’s Irma Thomas' turn, followed by “Deacon” John Moore — who played guitar on Neville’s 1966 recording of “Tell It Like It Is” — in June.”

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/keith_spera/article_3f96cb64-60c0-11eb-9d75-730d118048a9.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sean said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9312873/Danniella-Westbrook-brands-ex-Brian-Harvey-coke-freak-accuses-murderer.html Daniella Westbrook and Brian Harvey have had spat over the internet.Both looking like shit.Seems like Brian is having a breakdown and Daniella looks not exactly on the wagon.

 

Daniella Westbrook hasn't looked good for the past 20 years and that was when she claimed she was clean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

 

Daniella Westbrook hasn't looked good for the past 20 years and that was when she claimed she was clean.

Yeah she hasn`t looked good since that infamous incident with her nose she looks worse in these latest photos definitely a lot gaunter than when Dame Babs died last year.

 

Brian looks better but still an awful lot worse than your average 46 year old and unrecognizable from when he was in Im a celeb or when he ran himself over after eating too many baked potatoes.It is a shame he didn`t do an online singalong with Matt Lucas when he was getting famous people to sing the baked potato song with him.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Harvey actually sounds rather more articulate and quicker-thinking than he did when he was younger, I remember hearing an interview where he was defending the taking of Ecstasy and burbling on about "if it's a safe pill, you can take it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

 

Daniella Westbrook hasn't looked good for the past 20 years and that was when she claimed she was clean.

 

 

For the benefit of our younger viewers - you're looking at two pictures of the same woman and she's still only 47. 

 

39910088-9312873-Fury_Daniella_Westbrook39909844-9312873-image-m-94_161461297199

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

For the benefit of our younger viewers - you're looking at two pictures of the same woman and she's still only 47. 

 

39910088-9312873-Fury_Daniella_Westbrook39909844-9312873-image-m-94_161461297199

Yeah she was quite a looker back in the bottom pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Ernie football player? Was mentioned on the news and isn't too well. I'm sure some of u know which one i mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2021 at 21:22, Sean said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9312873/Danniella-Westbrook-brands-ex-Brian-Harvey-coke-freak-accuses-murderer.html Daniella Westbrook and Brian Harvey have had spat over the internet.Both looking like shit.Seems like Brian is having a breakdown and Daniella looks not exactly on the wagon.

 

"Seems" like Brian's having a breakdown? He's been a bit, umm, odd for a while - conspiracy stuff, all the stuff Danniella Westbrook is calling him out over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robin Trower is 76 today.  Noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sir Charms said:

Robin Trower is 76 today.  Noted.

 

 

He's okay, though (because highly obitable) - I know his career took a back seat a while ago because his wife died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

He's okay, though (because highly obitable) - I know his career took a back seat a while ago because his wife died.

True for today. But at 76, any rocker is an outlier.  Jeff Beck, anyone?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Brazil player and manager Mario Zagallo. Turns 91 in August

 

First person to win the World Cup as a player  and then as a manager (1970). Also assistant manager when they won it in 1994 and then manager again when they were runners up in 1998 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Former Brazil player and manager Mario Zagallo. Turns 91 in August

 

First person to win the World Cup as a player  and then as a manager (1970). Also assistant manager when they won it in 1994 and then manager again when they were runners up in 1998 

 

Looked old but pretty well in the recent Pele film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

 

Looked old but pretty well in the recent Pele film. 

Yeah I would say Pele is more likely to go before Zagallo, Pele doesn’t look in great shape to me think he will be brown bread within the next 2 or 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do this every year (for the past eight years)

 

Listed below are 20 old people who have not made an appearance in the DDP in the past eight years. The age group is narrow 78-82 so might be more use of where will we be in five years time but some might be useful for theme teams. 

 

When cross referencing the entire DDP rosta against my reserve list of 1100 names there is always the possibility of errors creeping in especially where people are listed in strange ways (normally by title)

 

 

1.       Robert Swindells             Writer (b.1939)

2.       Tony Hatch                       Composer (b.1939)

3.       John Gummer                  Politician (b.1939)

4.       Margaret Drabble           Writer (b.1939)

5.       Jack Cunningham            Politician (b.1939)

6.       Peter S. Beagle                Writer (b.1939)

7.       David Hope                      Archbishop (b.1940)

8.       Clive Doig                         TV Producer (b.1940)

9.       Pauline Collins                 Actress (b.1940)

10.   Esther Ofarim                  Singer (b.1941)

11.   Sue McGregor                 Journalist (b.1941)

12.   Eden Kane                        Singer (b.1941)

13.   Lynley Dodd                     Writer (b.1941)

14.   Stephen Yardley              Actor (b.1942)

15.   Wilf Lunn                          Presenter (b.1942)

16.   Calvin Klein                       Designer (b.1942)

17.   Judith Hann                      Presenter (b.1942)

18.   Peter Greenaway            Director (b.1942)

19.   Frank Field                        Politician (b.1942)

20.   John Challis                      Actor (b.1942)

 
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use