Jump to content
Dying Probably

Ideas and Possibilities for 2022

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I do this every year (for the past eight years)

 

Listed below are 20 old people who have not made an appearance in the DDP in the past eight years. The age group is narrow 78-82 so might be more use of where will we be in five years time but some might be useful for theme teams. 

 

When cross referencing the entire DDP rosta against my reserve list of 1100 names there is always the possibility of errors creeping in especially where people are listed in strange ways (normally by title)

 

 

1.       Robert Swindells             Writer (b.1939)

2.       Tony Hatch                       Composer (b.1939)

3.       John Gummer                  Politician (b.1939)

4.       Margaret Drabble           Writer (b.1939)

5.       Jack Cunningham            Politician (b.1939)

6.       Peter S. Beagle                Writer (b.1939)

7.       David Hope                      Archbishop (b.1940)

8.       Clive Doig                         TV Producer (b.1940)

9.       Pauline Collins                 Actress (b.1940)

10.   Esther Ofarim                  Singer (b.1941)

11.   Sue McGregor                 Journalist (b.1941)

12.   Eden Kane                        Singer (b.1941)

13.   Lynley Dodd                     Writer (b.1941)

14.   Stephen Yardley              Actor (b.1942)

15.   Wilf Lunn                          Presenter (b.1942)

16.   Calvin Klein                       Designer (b.1942)

17.   Judith Hann                      Presenter (b.1942)

18.   Peter Greenaway            Director (b.1942)

19.   Frank Field                        Politician (b.1942)

20.   John Challis                      Actor (b.1942)

 
 

 

 

 

Co-incidentally was just Googling Ian - Mott the Hoople - Hunter (b. 3 June 1939) definitely in that age territory and not selected for DDP action this year; dunno if he was listed in the past

 

He hasn't blogged on his own site since the summer of 2018

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

Co-incidentally was just Googling Ian - Mott the Hoople - Hunter (b. 3 June 1939) definitely in that age territory and not selected for DDP action this year; dunno if he was listed in the past

 

He hasn't blogged on his own site since the summer of 2018

Coincidentally, I was watching this 'tube vid from a couple of years ago (29 March 2019), featuring Hunter with Rod Argent, Colin Blunstone, Susannah Hoffs & Brian May performing with Def Leppard (their induction to the Rock & Roll Hof). Looking at that  you'd say he's got years left in him, but as you trightly say he's now in that age bracket where things can go wrong pretty rapidly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, time said:

Coincidentally, I was watching this 'tube vid from a couple of years ago (29 March 2019), featuring Hunter with Rod Argent, Colin Blunstone, Susannah Hoffs & Brian May performing with Def Leppard (their induction to the Rock & Roll Hof). Looking at that  you'd say he's got years left in him, but as you trightly say he's now in that age bracket where things can go wrong pretty rapidly.

 

 

 

 

So, I've seen Hunter and Blundstone up close at Ramblin' Man over the last few years

 

Hunter (79 at that point) looked in amazing shape considering

 

Blundstone might have done himself a favour to ditch the hair dye - as The Zombies took to the prog stage in bright afternoon sun there was brief speculation amongst the randoms in the crowd as to what gender Blundstone was!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry Storch, US actor and comedian. OK, not a marquee name but as soon as you see him, it's 'oh yeah him'. Made his name back in the sixties in 'F Troop' and numerous television appearances, 'Columbo' , 'The Persuaders'. Recently updated his Facebook page with a pic of him getting his second jab for Covid-19, so he's still cracking on at 98 years old...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Morticus said:

Larry Storch, US actor and comedian. OK, not a marquee name but as soon as you see him, it's 'oh yeah him'. Made his name back in the sixties in 'F Troop' and numerous television appearances, 'Columbo' , 'The Persuaders'. Recently updated his Facebook page with a pic of him getting his second jab for Covid-19, so he's still cracking on at 98 years old...

 

 

Oh yeah, him:

 

23069d1b911093b0898373c150243169.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2021 at 03:32, Bibliogryphon said:

I do this every year (for the past eight years)

 

Listed below are 20 old people who have not made an appearance in the DDP in the past eight years. The age group is narrow 78-82 so might be more use of where will we be in five years time but some might be useful for theme teams. 

 

When cross referencing the entire DDP rosta against my reserve list of 1100 names there is always the possibility of errors creeping in especially where people are listed in strange ways (normally by title)

 

 

 

19.   Frank Field                        Politician (b.1942)

 

 
 

 

I know of a Frank Field (born 1923) who is a US TV weatherman. He was on my radar but I doubt he gets a UK obit, so I've never played him here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenneth Kaunda. DL has gotten hits from a lot of old African 60s/70s/80s despots and presidents (Hastings Banda and Mobutu Sese Seko in 1997, Idi Amin in 2003, PW Botha in 2006, Ian Smith in 2007, Robert Mugabe in 2019, Daniel arap Moi and Hosni Mubarak in 2020) so Kaunda, who doesn't look that healthy, could be a new addition to the collection.

 

Maybe F.W. de Klerk/Sam Nujoma/Paul Biya/Teodoro Mbasogo/Denis Sassou Nguesso/Jose Eduardo dos Santos/Ali Hassan Mwinyi if any of these get any health issues

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on how she looks at the moment - Nikki Graham from BBUK.

 

And if things keep going on the way they do - then add Eugenia Cooney. She is a Youtuber who is anorexic but "ignores the haters". She has a toxic family and her mother encourages her behaviour. She had a forced admission to a facility January last year (not done by her parents btw) and things looked good but she has fallen back to her old behaviours including body checking and dressing like an anime character.

Don't look if you are triggered by eating disorders or are in recovery yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Based on how she looks at the moment - Nikki Graham from BBUK.

 

And if things keep going on the way they do - then add Eugenia Cooney. She is a Youtuber who is anorexic but "ignores the haters". She has a toxic family and her mother encourages her behaviour. She had a forced admission to a facility January last year (not done by her parents btw) and things looked good but she has fallen back to her old behaviours including body checking and dressing like an anime character.

Don't look if you are triggered by eating disorders or are in recovery yourself.

 

 

If I see April in the DL Cup Eugenia might just make the squad - though - tbh - it'd be better all round if someone called the US equivalent of social services on her family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk what you guys see in Eugenia Cooney. She’s been like this for at least a decade and we’ll probably know beforehand if it gets any worse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eugenia Cooney livestreams for hours, multiple days a week on Twitch so I don’t think it’s necessary to have constant updates on her unless her social media presence goes quiet. Just go on Twitch and 9 out of 10 times you’ll have live footage of her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banana said:

Idk what you guys see in Eugenia Cooney. She’s been like this for at least a decade and we’ll probably know beforehand if it gets any worse. 

I dunno she got desperately thin about 2 -3 years ago then went to rehab against her will looked a it better now she is almost back to where she was.She is so  incredibly thin she is at serious risk of sudden heart failure and if ahe got a cold she would probably die.She might last a few years but most likely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if she fell she would probably break several bones badly.There is a big suicide risk she clearly is suffering from serious mental health issues.She appears to have a mental age of about 11 or 12 also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

Also if she fell she would probably break several bones badly.There is a big suicide risk she clearly is suffering from serious mental health issues.She appears to have a mental age of about 11 or 12 also.


Again, she’s been like this for a decade, she should be at the back of your mind. Basically a punt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Banana said:


Again, she’s been like this for a decade, she should be at the back of your mind. Basically a punt. 


Correct. She was picked by Captain Chorizo and Charles d’Irlande.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFBI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toast said:

FFBI?

 

Reminder - in December, an out of touch co-host was put on the spot as to what number of subscribers made someone qualify as notable as "internet stars". I arbitrarily decided on half a million subscribers on ONE platform (ie not over a bunch of them) as the cut off for accepted/not.

 

This young woman has 2.2 MILLION subscribers on YouTube. I'm not keen on it but it is what it is.

 

(Your objection at the time to "insipid little fame whores" was noted, but that also is what it is. :D)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, msc said:

 

Reminder - in December, an out of touch co-host was put on the spot as to what number of subscribers made someone qualify as notable as "internet stars". I arbitrarily decided on half a million subscribers on ONE platform (ie not over a bunch of them) as the cut off for accepted/not.

 

This young woman has 2.2 MILLION subscribers on YouTube. I'm not keen on it but it is what it is.

 

(Your objection at the time to "insipid little fame whores" was noted, but that also is what it is. :D)

 

What's her shtick?  Why are they following her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

What's her shtick?  Why are they following her?


Cos she's famous, for being ill. :P

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC Seamus O'DeGaule created a thread for her that got fairly rapidly binned.

In fairness, if you are of that age, it seems she easily passes the fame threshold even if it is for being anorexic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msc said:

 

Reminder - in December, an out of touch co-host was put on the spot as to what number of subscribers made someone qualify as notable as "internet stars". I arbitrarily decided on half a million subscribers on ONE platform (ie not over a bunch of them) as the cut off for accepted/not.

This young woman has 2.2 MILLION subscribers on YouTube. I'm not keen on it but it is what it is.

 

Still apparently FFBI though.  So if that's the reason for all the subscribers perhaps it ought to take precedence.  Just a suggestion for future consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, its because she's a fashion and shopping tips "influencer".  I'm sure my replacement (who I think has a better judge of youth culture) doesn't want to go through the increasing number of new media celebs each year to work out when they got fans in their 11 year YouTube career. Hence arbitrary cut offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Majority of people still watch her because they are checking if she is still alive. She has a bigger dislike ratio compared to likes and all the comments are about how skinny she looks. I could write a whole thing about her but Kiwi Farms have a better thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Majority of people still watch her because they are checking if she is still alive. She has a bigger dislike ratio compared to likes and all the comments are about how skinny she looks. I could write a whole thing about her but Kiwi Farms have a better thread.

 

Exactly what I suspected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, msc said:

No, its because she's a fashion and shopping tips "influencer".  I'm sure my replacement (who I think has a better judge of youth culture) doesn't want to go through the increasing number of new media celebs each year to work out when they got fans in their 11 year YouTube career. Hence arbitrary cut offs.

 

No, indeed, I can see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use