Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

Every year it’s the same thing.  The person must have DIED IN 2021 to be listed here.  That means you must actually read the obit.  This isn’t a thread called ‘obits published in 2021’, it’s dead of 2021.  I don’t see how it’s confusing but then the good lord sends us CoffinLodger. And his cousin, drol.  The world doesn’t revolve around your goddamn Brit arse; rather it revolves around the cold decaying arse of the person who died.  And wherever said arse is located rules the day.

I promise to reboot this post every year Dec 31 as long as I grace this earth. Yesssss, I shall change the year in the text, first. :rolleyes:

SC

58E0DA7D-2865-4710-91E5-3EC31CF510F4.jpeg

As a follow up (and derivative) to the post above, all obits for people dying in 2020 are not to be posted herein, but rather in the Dead of 2020 thread, even if published 100 days from now.  It happens.

SC

17 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Every year it’s the same thing.  The person must have DIED IN 2021 to be listed here.  That means you must actually read the obit.  This isn’t a thread called ‘obits published in 2021’, it’s dead of 2021.  I don’t see how it’s confusing but then the good lord sends us CoffinLodger. And his cousin, drol.  The world doesn’t revolve around your goddamn Brit arse; rather it revolves around the cold decaying arse of the person who died.  And wherever said arse is located rules the day.

I promise to reboot this post every year Dec 31 as long as I grace this earth. Yesssss, I shall change the year in the text, first. :rolleyes:

SC

58E0DA7D-2865-4710-91E5-3EC31CF510F4.jpeg

....and a happy 2021 to you too..:lol:

21 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I don't think there's much Brit about drol's arse, but IMBW.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

Well to be fair, an American that’s as ignorant as Creep probably thinks there’s only three other countries: Mexico, Britain and The Moon.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Toast said:

An old aunt of mine lived in Middlesex.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 04:00, The Quim Reaper said:

Capital D on ‘Dead’ please? It looks better.

Sincerely,

Pedant

Grateful Dead's legendary 1989 JFK Stadium performance is coming to the big  screen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miranda lass said:

Mark Eden :rip:

I assume this was posted elsewhere hours ago but it is undoubtedly the first big death of 2021 (and first British one as far as I can tell),  so it should probably have been mentioned on this thread . Must be big because there's a BBC obit ..https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55508606

6 hours ago, drol said:

An old aunt of mine lived in Middlesex.

aunt/arse - easy mistake to make.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I assume this was posted elsewhere hours ago but it is undoubtedly the first big death of 2021 (and first British one as far as I can tell),  so it should probably have been mentioned on this thread . Must be big because there's a BBC obit ..https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55508606

I first heard it on 6ish news PM but coulda been on early afternoon or even 6AM news

5 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

I first heard it on 6ish news PM but coulda been on early afternoon or even 6AM news

Coffin Lodger, is that you?

Basketball Hall of Famer Paul Westphal dead at 70. First 2021 death I have heard of.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/02/usc-legend-basketball-hall-of-famer-paul-westphal-dies-at-70/

47 minutes ago, Don't Fear The Reaper said:

Basketball Hall of Famer Paul Westphal dead at 70. First 2021 death I have heard of.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/02/usc-legend-basketball-hall-of-famer-paul-westphal-dies-at-70/

Athletes are going like flies. Just about an hour later Broncos legend Floyd Little dead at 78. Who's next?(By the way I notice that I quoted myself.)

5 minutes ago, LongBlackLimousine said:

Hearing that Gerry Marsden of Gerry & The Pacemakers fame died on 26 Dec 2020. 

Picked in the DDP in 2020, unfortunately that means he’s in no mans land...

A Willz pick for 2021 if its true.

• Like 1

There is this:

No date of death though others speculating Boxing Day.

7 minutes ago, LongBlackLimousine said:

Hearing that Gerry Marsden of Gerry & The Pacemakers fame died on 26 Dec 2020. 

Confirmation of sorts.

1 minute ago, msc said:

A Willz pick for 2021 if its true.

A substitute will be needed if indeed he died last year.

Picked up quick so I am allowed my first sub. Of course if it's 2021, my first hit sadly.

I saw a Facebook post that said he died today. Think we need to wait until we know an official date of death to know if he needs to be subbed or not. 

• Like 1