Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

Frankly I'd be amazed they could keep this news quiet for over a week.

Like Gerry I'm holding my breath...

14 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Note: tweet now deleted and replaced.

"after talking to the family ... none of which has an online footprint apparently, and all of which agreed to say nothing, and despite Gerry's fame no one in the media knew a thing despite them tracking him into hospital ... I am sorry to announce that ......"

I'm sure the discussion with the family was: "Hiya, it''s Pete Price' 'Hey Pete, wassup?'  'Hey is Gerry dead" 'yeah' 'Mind if I Tweet about it' 'nah go ahead, even though none of us have in a week'.

That doesn't qualify as a confirmation, Thatcher.  I'm with YoungWillz on this one.  Need something more.

I think he will get a Times and/or Telegraph obituary so we will get a date at some point.

Sad news.

His death means that only Les Maguire (wiki), 80 this year, survives from the charting Gerry and the Pacemakers.

I'll update the UK Singles Chart page later once we get a certain date of death.

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

His death means that only Les Maguire (wiki) survives from the charting Gerry and the Pacemakers.

St Matthew was wrong in the Beatitudes - the pacemakers weren't blessed after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LongBlackLimousine said:

Hearing that Gerry Marsden of Gerry & The Pacemakers fame died on 26 Dec 2020. 

Ferry Cross the Styx

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 00:50, Miranda lass said:

One of my personal deathlist is June Spencer 102 in 2021. Shocked she was not included. If she survives 2021, she will surely be on the 2022 list.

Why do u think she hasn't been included yet? :huh:

Ysanne Churchman would be another good pick. Born 1925, was Grace Archer and also in Doctor Who.

Guardian has him as dying today, so unless other info comes up about him he’s a 2021 death.

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Guardian has him as dying today, so unless other info comes up about him he’s a 2021 death.

• Gerard “Gerry” Marsden, singer, songwriter and actor, born 24 September 1942; died 3 January 2021

Well done Willz. And any others I am yet to know.

Boo on NottheNagsHead for giving away my intended pun though. :D

• Like 1

I reserve my right to my first reserve if it's found he died in 2020, because I have reservations, unreservedly!

How about "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Dying"....?

10 minutes ago, msc said:

• Gerard “Gerry” Marsden, singer, songwriter and actor, born 24 September 1942; died 3 January 2021

Well done Willz. And any others I am yet to know.

Boo on NottheNagsHead for giving away my intended pun though. :D

He's on my Merseyside theme team.

• Like 2

You could obtain his death certificate. Probably more accurate than a breaking news article...

2 hours ago, LongBlackLimousine said:

Date of death 26/12/2020 as given by singer Steve Ellis of Love Affair on his FB page 

His Facebook page now says Gerry Marsden passed away today?

32 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Manager confirms he died at Arrow Park Hospital this morning in this Sky News article.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Thatcher said:

Manager confirms he died at Arrow Park Hospital this morning in this Sky News article.

I know I picked him, basically because of his historical heart issues, but I'm genuinely sad he has gone.

He's internationally known in his own right and I have seen the messages from across the globe. That is never to be forgotten fame. RIP.

• Like 1

Got a BBC Push alert for his death, don't get many of those in a year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Thatcher, the No1 corpse hound on DL.:D

• Haha 2

On 01/01/2021 at 21:11, Sir Creep said:

And wherever said arse is located rules the day.

In that case then, this year's list was published too early, as it went live in the early hours of 1st Jan UK time. Someone on the list living in America could have died an hour later, where it would still be 31st December 2020, thus being a hit for the 2020 list (if they were on it) and invalidating the 2021 list.

Boys From the Blackstuff  actor Alan Igbon has died aged 60 according to twitter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Boys From the Blackstuff  actor Alan Igbon has died aged 60 according to twitter

That is a shock.

Obviously I remember him most from Scum. Powerful piece of acting from a young actor.