Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

Carrie Dann, a Native American activist in USA who fought to assert the rights of the Western Shoshone Nation and received the Right Livelihood Award (aka Alternative Nobel Prize) in 1993 for her work, has died:

https://thisisreno.com/2021/01/indigenous-land-activist-carrie-dann-has-died/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WEP said:

Carrie Dann, a Native American activist in USA who fought to assert the rights of the Western Shoshone Nation and received the Right Livelihood Award (aka Alternative Nobel Prize) in 1993 for her work, has died:

DDP pick, but possibly only obitable to a far-left media source, maaaybe the Guardian, possibly the Morning Star Online.

On 04/01/2021 at 07:12, CoffinLodger said:

Boys From the Blackstuff  actor Alan Igbon has died aged 60 according to twitter

Mirror obit.

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Which say's he was 68? Seems unlikely, wiki has 60 ....

10 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Which say's he was 68? Seems unlikely, wiki has 60 ....

Wiki also has him listed in "1952 births" (though based on his Scum appearance, 1960 seems likelier)

Edited by time
added opinion
  • Confused 1

The Mirror are correct. He was born in ‘52.

So IMDb have been spreading an erroneous birth year around the whole web as usual. That’s the problem when you run a “database” where your staff do no first hand research but instead depend on unverified contributions from the public.

4D013E74-70A0-4D40-9F56-B3513B8ED2F5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, time said:

(though based on his Scum appearance, 1960 seems likelier)

Which is indeed what I was basing it on, released 1979 so presumably mostly shot in 78/79 making him 26'ish if born in '52 and 18'ish if born in '60.

Just a young looking mid 20's then I guess.

45 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bit wierd to see him listed as having died today on wikipedia 2 days after I said it on  here , but I assume he was dead at least 2 days ago ! 

45 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Bit wierd to see him listed as having died today on wikipedia 2 days after I said it on  here , but I assume he was dead at least 2 days ago ! 

• Alan Igbon, 68, British actor (Boys from the Blackstuff, The Professionals, Coronation Street).[2] (death announced on this date)

Note that it says "death announced on this date".

If an exact date is unknown, they're by default listed under the date of the earliest date of announcement by a reliable source.

It'll be moved once an exact date becomes clear.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2021 at 16:40, WEP said:

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2021 at 17:13, gcreptile said:

DDP pick, but possibly only obitable to a far-left media source, maaaybe the Guardian, possibly the Morning Star Online.

Hey Carrie Dann what's your game now, can anybody play?

Mail Qobit: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-9120765/Native-American-land-activist-Carrie-Dann-dies-Nevada.html

• Like 4

Michele Evans, who led Lockheed Martin’s Aeronautics business since 2018, died on Jan. 1, the company announced Saturday.

Evans took a leave of absence that began Dec. 1 “to address health issues unrelated to the coronavirus pandemic,” according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing by the company. She previously took medical leave in September 2019 due to a cancer diagnosis, according to Reuters.

SC

• Like 1

Květa Eretová, née Jeništová, a Czech chess player, "FIDE International Women Master" since 1957 and "FIDE Woman Grandmaster" since 1986, who won the Czechoslovak Women's Chess Championship ten times between 1955 and 1986, has died aged 94.

https://www.chess.cz/zemrela-kveta-eretova/ (Surprisingly I have not found any english obituary!)

Unsure whether we have a thread for chess players, but she is a Death of 2021!

Jonas Neubauer, 7-time world classic-Tetris champion, has died following a "sudden medical emergency", aged 38.

Posted mainly so that you can all imagine the coffin's approach along the conveyor to the cremator.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, time said:

Jonas Neubauer, 7-time world classic-Tetris champion, has died following a "sudden medical emergency", aged 38.

Posted mainly so that you can all imagine the coffin's approach along the conveyor to the cremator.

*sigh*

The death of a true Tetris legend !   I cried over many years watching him drop some blocks ! I am crying more than ever tonight ! R.I.P you genius !!

The Coffin’s approach to an obituary.

• Haha 4

Maybe he had some blockage. 

Lavinia Hankinson - aristocracy, had an interesting life and was briefly married to the (bi-sexual but predominantly favoring men) Gavin Maxwell. 

Link - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2021/01/08/lavinia-hankinson-courtiers-daughter-opera-singer-briefly-married/

On 06/01/2021 at 15:00, Phantom said:

Mark Kozelek of Red House Painters and Sun Kil Moon was accused of sexual assault against 3 women last August. 

This has led to all gigs being canceled. This could effectively end his career and be the end of him

I met him once when Red House Painters played Leeds Duchess Of York. He was a right miserable git.

Bernard Thomas, one of the survivors of the Aberfan disaster, has died. He was 63.  As a nine-year-old Thomas was rescued from the rubble of Pantglas primary school on 21 October, 1966, after thousands of tonnes of coal slurry slid from a tip. Thomas died after contracting COVID-19.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-55602149

• Sad 1