Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

12 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Not sure how true this is, but it seems Dr Nick Hitchon one of the 7 up  participants died the same day Michael Apted.

RIP Michael Apted. Your “Seven Up” documentary... - Richard D. Logan | Facebook

That’s really sad, though he had been terminally ill with throat(?) cancer for some time. 

Wonder if he was a DDP pick.

6 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

So are they going to rename it 5 up and 2 down for the next episode.

There were 14 of them. The first documentary was called 7 Up because that’s the age in which they first appeared in the series... and they film them for a new documentary every 7 years.

The next one will be 70 Up and will be broadcast in 2026, assuming the project isn’t scrapped. I’m sure it won’t be.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That’s really sad, though he had been terminally ill with throat(?) cancer for some time. 

Wonder if he was a DDP pick.

Yes it's sad. He always came across very well.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Not sure how true this is, but it seems Dr Nick Hitchon one of the 7 up  participants died the same day Michael Apted.

RIP Michael Apted. Your “Seven Up” documentary... - Richard D. Logan | Facebook

Your link doesn’t say that.

13 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Your link doesn’t say that.

The link actually states that he's still alive

1 hour ago, Banana said:

The link actually states that he's still alive

It does now, but only because the author himself got it wrong and has since changed his own post.

53C328F5-59BD-47FC-AF53-1ECC49413E15.jpeg

• Like 2

Ah yes, the "best" source seemed to be a clickbait obituary site. If he died, the university should know at least. 

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Ah yes, the "best" source seemed to be a clickbait obituary site. If he died, the university should know at least. 

Indeed - Deathrace points duly removed - there and gone in an instant (bit like those elusive particles Hitchon juggles with in his job)

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It does now, but only because the author himself got it wrong and has since changed his own post.

53C328F5-59BD-47FC-AF53-1ECC49413E15.jpeg

What he said. Sorry everyone. 

27 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

What he said. Sorry everyone. 

You have nothing to be sorry for!!!!

I have a feeling he will get Covid as well considering he'll be going in and out of hospital for medical treatment.

Former vice chancellor of Leicester DMU Kenneth Barker dead at 86.

I only mentioned it because I read it as Kenneth Baker and thought the former Education/Home Secretary had gone

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Former vice chancellor of Leicester DMU Kenneth Barker dead at 86.

I only mentioned it because I read it as Kenneth Baker and thought the former Education/Home Secretary had gone

Ken Baker is in good form. I saw him in Hyde Park out on one of his long walks shortly before Christmas. Lovely man too.

• Like 1

Dame Margaret Weston (wiki), has died aged 94. She was Director of the Science Museum (1973–1986).

Very highly regarded in her field. She played a key role in establishing both the National Railway Museum in York and the National Media Museum in Bradford.

Dame-Margaret-Kate-Weston-1926-200-wide.fw_.png.f2b7bd6b31fb00dd38961178ed640365.png

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Dame Margaret Weston (wiki), has died aged 94. She was Director of the Science Museum (1973–1986).

Very highly regarded in her field. She played a key role in establishing both the National Railway Museum in York and the National Media Museum in Bradford.

Dame-Margaret-Kate-Weston-1926-200-wide.fw_.png.f2b7bd6b31fb00dd38961178ed640365.png

Did anyone ever get a photograph of her and Des O Connor together? 

Just asking!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

I went to school with his son - when we were 8ish he had a birthday party at his house and we played football - his dad (Roger - the dead one in link) played with us until he dislocated his knee which led to an end to the party.

That was 44 years ago mind - I wasn’t friends with his son beyond primary school.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

I went to school with his son - when we were 8ish he had a birthday party at his house and we played football - his dad (Roger - the dead one in link) played with us until he dislocated his knee which led to an end to the party.

That was 44 years ago mind - I wasn’t friends with his son beyond primary school.

D'ya think that dislocated knee came about because his wrestling had left him with damage that meant football with a few kids could tip him over the edge?

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

D'ya think that dislocated knee came about because his wrestling had left him with damage that meant football with a few kids could tip him over the edge?

Well I’m no expert but it looks pretty stressful on the knees.

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Well I’m no expert but it looks pretty stressful on the knees.

Aye, saw C&W wrestling a fair bit growing up, never tempted tbh - fell running on the other hand... and that's taxing on yer knees too!

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, saw C&W wrestling a fair bit growing up, never tempted tbh - fell running on the other hand... and that's taxing on yer knees too!

I have run up fells but never competitively. I do a lot of road running but prefer walking up the fells because when you run up it’s torture and when you run down you spend all your time looking at your feet.