Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

I have run up fells but never competitively. I do a lot of road running but prefer walking up the fells because when you run up it’s torture and when you run down you spend all your time looking at your feet.

Aye, it was the running down I didn't like

Reet marra, gannin yam now, be seein' ya!

21 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I have run up fells but never competitively. I do a lot of road running but prefer walking up the fells because when you run up it’s torture and when you run down you spend all your time looking at your feet.

The only way I'll ever get to the top of a mountain is on a ski lift..:mellow:

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

83 year old prostitute and union organiser Margo St James has died  https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Margo-St-James-the-sex-workers-Joan-of-15868822.php I assume she had retired as a prostitute but maybe not. Some men go for that sort of thing.Not me I hasten to add ! 

Wayne Rooney will definitely be sending flowers. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kenny said:

Jessica Campbell (only 38!) lost the Election on 29th December - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55660102. That should really be in last year's thread but it's just been announced.

Also Siegfried Fischbacher, 81, has performed his last trick - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55630860.

You're going to be in trouble with the mods.Fishbashers death was reported this morning in the magicians thread ! 

• Facepalm 4

Former head of BBC Sport and controller of BBC 1 Alan Hart, died aged 85.

Commissioned EastEnders, if you were looking for someone to blame.

Clive Merrison on Twitter has reported the death of actress Charlotte Cornwell, best known as Anna in 'Rock Follies', and also the sister of recently-deceased John Le Carre.

Really sad news - she was fab in 'Rock Follies'.

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Clive Merrison on Twitter has reported the death of actress Charlotte Cornwell, best known as Anna in 'Rock Follies', and was also the sister of recently-deceased John Le Carre.

Really sad news - she was fab in 'Rock Follies'.

Her and Le Carre were half-siblings, weren't they?

Either way, for Rock Follies fans, v.sad.

17 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Her and Le Carre were half-siblings, weren't they?

Either way, for Rock Follies fans, v.sad.

Yeah, half-siblings. Famously was partially the inspiration for the lead in The Little Drummer Girl, which she auditioned for and, err, didn't get.

On 04/01/2021 at 06:18, MrWonderful said:

Oh no doubt.  I think of him as the South African villain in the second Lethal Weapon film and as the Russian ambassador in The Hunt For Red October.  

He has also appeared in the Alec Guiness TV version of Tinker Tailor. He was also in the video of the Pet Shop Boys version of Always on my mind.

Tumbleweed GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Every death listed on wiki today is under 80. The old ones are the pest... should get more points than younger people in DPs!

12 minutes ago, drol said:

Every death listed on wiki today is under 80. The old ones are the pest... should get more points than younger people in DPs!

I’m genuinely surprised at the lack of aged 95+ picks on the DDP this year given that the new rules now strongly favour unique picks. There’s going to be a lot of older DDP misses coming up.

33 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I’m genuinely surprised at the lack of aged 95+ picks on the DDP this year given that the new rules now strongly favour unique picks. There’s going to be a lot of older DDP misses coming up.

There are just so many elderly celebrities and, unless they're still relevant, it's very hard to find up-to-date health information on most of them.

14 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Strongly favour? Hardly. It's one more point isn't it? Should be double points imho.

On 18/01/2021 at 13:57, drol said:

Tumbleweed GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And again....

On 19/01/2021 at 23:51, CoffinLodger said:

Big death tonight in the world of aristocracy !  Patrick Gordon Duff Pennington aka Patrick of the Hills has died at 90 https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/19005407.patrick-gordon-duff-pennington-muncaster-castle-sadly-died/ You are bound to recognise him ! 

Minor aristocratic death announced three days back but actually occurred on 20 Dec

Lady Margaret Worcester - living in a proper 13th century castle; http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/247159/worcester

• Like 1