Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

On 19/01/2021 at 17:51, CoffinLodger said:

Big death tonight in the world of aristocracy

There is literally no such thing.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

There is a history of The Committee listening to Sir Creep's brilliance and being brilliant for doing so.  This would be another one of those times.  You can expect to see Pete Rose in the #14 slot in the 2022 DL list, making it the second time we could retire his number 14.  (That said, why either Henry Aaron or Willie Mays aren't on DL this year is for them to explain.  I wouldn't expect both, but one for sure). 

and 23 hours later....
Hall of Famer Henry "Hank" Aaron dies at 86 | News | cbs46.com

And because I DID say it ahead of time, I can now say it was a 'big miss' for the Committee.  And now I have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

and 23 hours later....

And because I DID say it ahead of time, I can now say it was a 'big miss' for the Committee.  And now I have.

And I will say, as I sometimes do, Baseball isn't played in the UK, 'the committee' are cricket fans if anything so naturally Edrich over any baseballer and 'a big miss' is in the eye of the beholder.

Arguing against 'big miss' endlessly might be sisyphean in these parts, but I'm from a stout stock so fuck it I'll plod on.

*Personally I'm quite fond of baseball, perhaps perversely, so I know who Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and so on are, even ffs down to your Barry Bonds' and Cal Ripkens. But they aren't and never likely will be, big on this side of the pond.

On 16/01/2021 at 19:08, Vinegar Tits said:

Clive Merrison on Twitter has reported the death of actress Charlotte Cornwell, best known as Anna in 'Rock Follies', and also the sister of recently-deceased John Le Carre.

Really sad news - she was fab in 'Rock Follies'.

Guardian obit for Cornwell.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2021 at 22:38, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13823879/coronation-streets-norris-cole-malcolm-hebden-retires/

81 year old Coronation Street actor Malcolm Hebden reveals he won't be returning to the show to play Norris Cole as his body is not willing even though the mind is.

One to watch me thinks.

Honestly? I thought he was gone already tbh

• Confused 1

Seeing social media posts saying Peter Singh (aka The Panjabi Elvis) has died - he was 80 (according to some claims) and a mere 74 according to a John Peel fan site.

Known for some corkers - Rockin' with the Sikh, Turbans Over Memphis etc. 

141927783_10159142729849414_822384189692

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Seeing social media posts saying Peter Singh (aka The Panjabi Elvis) has died - he was 80

Uh huh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Seeing social media posts saying Peter Singh (aka The Panjabi Elvis) has died - he was 80 (according to some claims) and a mere 74 according to a John Peel fan site.

Apparantely there was a muslim Elvis.One of his biggest hits was Blue Suede Shias ! 

I bet Punjabi Elvis was Sikh of al the jokes about him  ! :lol:

Condolences to his family and friends on the sad news though...:(

12 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Apparantely there was a muslim Elvis.One of his biggest hits was Blue Suede Shias ! 

I bet Punjabi Elvis was Sikh of al the jokes about him  ! :lol:

Condolences to his family and friends on the sad news though...:(

In all seriousness - he was greatly loved, if only by a cult audience, a bit like "Chinese Elvis" who gigged in his own restaurants. Apart from a certain radio show very dear to my heart the one place I heard him played on radio was John Peel playing Elvis I'm on the Phone from a stunning album called Elvis Impersonator Blues (a compilation of the - ahem - more singular end of tribute recordings to the King)

Rick Will, a three-time Grammy nominee for his work as a musical producer & engineer and whose career saw him earn credits on more than 350 albums, including having worked with prolific Aussie artists Jimmy Barnes, Cold Chisel and Boy & Bear, has died.

https://theindustryobserver.thebrag.com/rick-will-producer-obituary/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, openviews said:

Dr. Jozef Vengloš has passed away aged 84.

A man ahead of his time.

On 20/11/2015 at 23:05, msc said:

Peter Vere-Jones – Actor who was in The Hobbit and now has cancer.

Bit of a blast from the past for some of us - Hobbit and Xena actor Peter Vere-Jones has now died aged 82.

Irish Soprano Cara O'Sullivan dies aged 59 of dementia related disease. Quite famous, would not be too surprised with a UK QO, had anyone selected her in anything, particularly as the death cause is a tad odd if not unexpected - she retired in 2018.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/tributes-as-cork-born-soprano-cara-o-sullivan-dies-aged-58-1.4468626

Jennifer Butler Murray,  a costumer designer and the ex-wife of actor Bill Murray, has died. She was 57 according to the obit below, 54 elsewhere.  Jennifer and Bill Murray were married between 1997 and 2008.

https://www.postandcourier.com/features/jennifer-murray-movie-costume-designer-overalls-collector-and-bills-ex-wife-has-died/article_1ac3143c-5f1c-11eb-8442-2f1d9438e469.html

• Like 2

On 06/01/2021 at 13:45, Ulitzer95 said:

• Alan Igbon, 68, British actor (Boys from the Blackstuff, The Professionals, Coronation Street).[2] (death announced on this date)

Note that it says "death announced on this date".

If an exact date is unknown, they're by default listed under the date of the earliest date of announcement by a reliable source.

It'll be moved once an exact date becomes clear.

Telegraph obituary. Gives a date of death of 9th December 2020.

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

PS Second time I’ve tried to embed a FB link lately and it hasn’t worked. I think it’s buggered.

I couldn't get one to embed the other day either.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2021 at 08:03, Sir Creep said:

and 23 hours later....

I should have had him on my radar.  I knew he was frail, but I guess I just didn't think he was ready to go in his mid-80's.  Mistake by me.  

18 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

His FB fan page announcing that U.S. TV host Sonny Fox (wiki) has died aged 95 from COVID-19 complications:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sonnyfoxgroup/permalink/10156787951142168/

PS Second time I’ve tried to embed a FB link lately and it hasn’t worked. I think it’s buggered.

Hollywood Reporter obit.