Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

First he bought a zoo.
Then he bought the farm.

Officials said that the Little Ponderosa Zoo's founder and director, James Cox, died Tuesday. On Jan. 28, officials with the zoo said that he was in the hospital for heart surgery and that he had a weak heart as well as pneumonia.  Cox was moved from critical care to the hospital's heart floor in late January, officials said in a post on Facebook. Then, they said he hoped to be home to recover before undergoing heart surgery.

SC

Zzzzz.

Wish my heart would give out as well. It’d put me out of my misery instead of coming on here expecting to find quality content and instead seeing your daily dose of spam about non-notables.

An obscure zoo owner who is about as notable as my left testicle. Outstanding SC. You’ve outdone yourself with that one.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Zzzzz.

Wish my heart would give out as well. It’d put me out of my misery instead of coming on here expecting to find quality content and instead seeing your daily dose of spam about non-notables.

An obscure zoo owner who is about as notable as my left testicle. Outstanding SC. You’ve outdone yourself with that one.

Well, my right bollock is well famous.:D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, my right bollock is well famous.:D

Not as famous as Lardy's though.

• Haha 1

Maria Guarnaschelli, a legendary cookbook editor with a four-decade career who may have been best known for her 1997 revision of The Joy of Cooking, has died. She was 79. Her daughter, Alex Guarnaschelli, is one of the most prolific reality star celebrity chefs/judges on American television. 

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/Obituary/article/85535-legendary-cookbook-editor-maria-guarnaschelli-dies-at-79.html

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Il Magneto said:

BREAKING: Keyboard virtuoso Chick Corea, who pushed jazz boundaries during his 5-decade career, has died from a rare form of cancer, his family says. He was 79. https://t.co/v30p8VEx3M

Absolutely gutted by this news. Chick was one of musical heroes.

When I was a teenager, a close friend introduced me to the Return To Forever. "No Mystery" just blew me away.

A truly great and innovative musician.

RIP :(

• Like 1

I couldn't find anything for survivors of concentration camps like Auschwitz. So here is notice of passing of Lotte Weiss.

• Like 1

Legendary tutor from my University days, Byron Criddle has died aged 78 due to COVID.

• Like 1

I beg the forums pardon, as I am not sure if this is the right 'thread'; to post this on, but I have just become aware of the death of someone who I have looked upon as a  hero of the judicial system for many years, namely Lord William McPherson. https://www.scotsman.com/news/uk-news/sir-william-macpherson-judge-stephen-lawrence-murder-inquiry-dies-aged-94-3134995 He contributed much to the English and Scottish legal system.May he Rest in Peace. :(

9 minutes ago, cecilia_bartholemew said:

I beg the forums pardon, as I am not sure if this is the right 'thread'; to post this on, but I have just become aware of the death of someone who I have looked upon as a  hero of the judicial system for many years, namely Lord William McPherson. https://www.scotsman.com/news/uk-news/sir-william-macpherson-judge-stephen-lawrence-murder-inquiry-dies-aged-94-3134995 He contributed much to the English and Scottish legal system.May he Rest in Peace. :(

Welcome to DL.
This is a catch-all forum and is entirely appropriate for obits of any kind, but if you are able to locate a precise thread, all the better.  In this case, the 'Law and Order' thread you will see his obit.  It'll take time (read a couple months at least) to be exposed to all the useful threads.  Anyway, fear not posting here.
SC

• Facepalm 2

49 minutes ago, cecilia_bartholemew said:

Sock account.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Sock account.

Don’t make them fucking cry again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cecilia_bartholemew said:

Hi Iain. Sex change I see?

• Haha 3

TV producer, script editor etc., Betty Willingale reported dead.

Mansfield Park, Bleak House, Jeeves & Wooster among her credits, and latterly was working as a consultant producer on Midsomer Murders.

• Like 2

Not seeing this anywhere else.

U-Roy, pioneering Jamaican reggae artist, dies aged 78.

Pioneering Jamaican reggae artist U-Roy has died at the age of 78, his partner has confirmed.

The musician, whose real name is Ewart Beckford, had been undergoing surgery at a hospital in Jamaica's capital city, Kingston.

U-Roy, who is credited with popularising the vocal style known as "toasting", died late on Wednesday.

U-Roy, pioneering Jamaican reggae artist, dies aged 78 - BBC News

44 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Pioneering Jamaican reggae artist U-Roy has died at the age of 78, his partner has confirmed.

The musician, whose real name is Ewart Beckford, had been undergoing surgery at a hospital in Jamaica's capital city, Kingston.

U-Roy, who is credited with popularising the vocal style known as "toasting", died late on Wednesday.

FFS 

Did no one post this?! I loaded a U Roy track into our List of the Lost folder for the annual show of deceased talent. Amazing how any of that greatest generation of reggae artists made it to 2021 really, and how the fuck Lee Perry has outlived many of them is a real mystery. Let's all drink petrol for the sake of our health, then!

• Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

You clearly didn't see the Jamaican Jamming thread yesterday. 

you are correct, I never saw that, looked everywhere else though and did a search on his name that brought up zero results.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

you are correct, I never saw that, looked everywhere else though and did a search on his name that brought up zero results.

That happens to me often enough.  Don’t let them tell you it doesn’t.

• Like 1

Irish traditional musician (the accordian) Joe Burke has died aged 81.

Dull days, but better ones are coming. Those Milingo and Mustafa Ben Halim can not go on forever! 

Argentine-American stripper Fanne Foxe (wiki), known as "The Argentine Firecracker", died back on 10th February aged 84.

Involved in a notorious 1974 sex scandal surrounding Congressman Wilbur Mills (Democrat, Arkansas).

Died on the same day as Larry Flynt funnily enough.

unnamed.jpg.288443af906308dcc1520e13aa936223.jpg

NY Times obit
Washington Post obit.

• Like 1