Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

6 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Kind of shocked at this one. Nicola Pagett died due to a brain tumour.  I was only thinking about  'A Bit of a Do' yesterday and the longevity of its cast. 

Nicola Pagett obituary | Stage | The Guardian 

Same here, I'm trying to convince myself that I'd hrard mutterings, but I don't think I had. Very much under the radar as far as I'm concerned.

10 minutes ago, time said:

Same here, I'm trying to convince myself that I'd hrard mutterings, but I don't think I had. Very much under the radar as far as I'm concerned.

I did a search but couldn't find anything . I think she was a pick on Derby Dead Pool at some point. I heard some rumours about mental health somewhere.

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

Kind of shocked at this one. Nicola Pagett died due to a brain tumour.  I was only thinking about  'A Bit of a Do' yesterday and the longevity of its cast. 

Nicola Pagett obituary | Stage | The Guardian 

Jesus!!!

I was reading up on her the other week!!:(

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Jesus!!!

I was reading up on her the other week!!:(

That happens to me too. I was looking up A Bit of A Do and was pleasantly surprised that most of the cast are still around. I was also surprised it only ran for 2 series. It seemed to go on for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Handrejka said:

That happens to me too. I was looking up A Bit of A Do and was pleasantly surprised that most of the cast are still around. I was also surprised it only ran for 2 series. It seemed to go on for years.

Yes, I thought it went on for longer too!

Robin Prytherch, renowned buzzard expert.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

:clivedunn:

I think he's on "A slow boat to China".

7 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Thoughts & prey-ers.

11 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

They were circling in his honour

• Haha 1

TV commercial casting director Merrill Jonas died Thursday at the Motion Picture Home in Woodland Hills, Calif. after a long illness. She was 96.

Starting out as an actress, Jonas rose to head of the casting department at Ogilvy and Mather in New York, where she led a six-person team that cast more than 100 commercials. The celebrity talent included Patricia Neal, Karl Malden, Anna-Maria Alberghetti, Arthur Ashe, Sonny & Cher and Ravi Shankar.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/people-news/merrill-jonas-dead-commercial-casting-1234923260/

• Like 1

Frank J. Kelley, who served as attorney general of Michigan for 38 years (and thus gained the nickname "eternal general"), has died at 96: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/obituaries/2021/03/06/frank-kelley-michigans-eternal-general-dies-96/4303222001/

(I am a longtime lurker here who has finally made an account. Should I crosspost the above into the Political Frailty thread? My assumption is that this is supposed to be a catch-all thread with the rest discussed in the breakway threads if they fit, but I don't want to spam the same notice across multiple threads EDIT: Have now seen this was already shared in the law & order thread, nvm)

On 17/02/2021 at 01:37, time said:

TV producer, script editor etc., Betty Willingale reported dead.

Mansfield Park, Bleak House, Jeeves & Wooster among her credits, and latterly was working as a consultant producer on Midsomer Murders.

Betty Willingale Obituary

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, time said:

Betty Willingale Obituary

I even quoted you. 

48 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I even quoted you. 

You can never have to many QOs :) Somehow, I missed your post. I could make up some bullshit excuse about the search engine not flagging it, but its basic incompetence; mea culpa.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

The Vicar Of Dibley star Trevor Peacock, has died aged 89 from a dementia-related illness. His character was famous for his stock response of "No, no, no, no".

http://news.sky.com/story/vicar-of-dibley-actor-trevor-peacock-dies-aged-89-of-dementia-related-illness-12240689

Thank you for alerting us to this. You better go tell the folk over in the Vicar of Dibley thread, they'll be quite surprised to hear this.

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Thank you for alerting us to this. You better go tell the folk over in the Vicar of Dibley thread, they'll be quite surprised to hear this.

"YES,YES,YES,YES, NO!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The Vicar Of Dibley star Trevor Peacock, has died aged 89 from a dementia-related illness. His character was famous for his stock response of "No, no, no, no".

http://news.sky.com/story/vicar-of-dibley-actor-trevor-peacock-dies-aged-89-of-dementia-related-illness-12240689

Don't worry, @Alex

Some people don't understand that this thread is supposed to be inclusive, for all of the year's deaths.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Toast said:

Don't worry, @Alex

Some people don't understand that this thread is supposed to be inclusive, for all of the year's deaths.

What is the point in reading it twice?

If you want a complete list of Deaths in 2021, there’s a Wiki page for that Toast.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2