Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

Make of this report of Alcee Hastings' death what you will: 

Longtime Poker Tourney pick, whoever he is/was.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Alcee Hastings Qobit for the DDP: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-9441367/Democratic-U-S-congressman-Hastings-Florida-dies.html

@gcreptile  @msc

Why can I only tag in one member of the Forum?

Because everybody else thinks you're a twat.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Paul Ritter (IMDb), English actor, has died aged 54. He appeared in films Quantum of SolaceHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, as well as TV shows Friday Night Dinner and Chernobyl.

Obituaries: Daily MirrorThe IndependentThe GuardianDaily Express.

Never heard of him.  I must watch more tv. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Surprising. He genuinely was a big name of stage and screen. His death’s pissed me off hugely.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I don't remember hearing his name before his death but I have seen him in multiple movies.

Yes, for me he was an "oh, that guy" actor.

But I think there's more of that these days because of the way they don't let us read the credits any more.  It must really have hit name recognition.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Toast said:

But I think there's more of that these days because of the way they don't let us read the credits any more.  It must really have hit name recognition.

I really hate the way they squash the credits to show a trailer or something else these days. Or play them at 100 miles an hour. It feels disrespectful to assume no one cares about the team who just put together the thing you just watched imo.

Ritter I'd seen in a few things (according to his credits, more than I knew I had, he blended into characters) but he felt like he was just getting some recognition last few years for stuff like Chernobyl and Friday Night Dinner and was going to go onto bigger things this decade. Which is the fucker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

I really hate the way they squash the credits to show a trailer or something else these days. Or play them at 100 miles an hour. It feels disrespectful to assume no one cares about the team who just put together the thing you just watched imo.

Yes, and while there is ostensibly an option to watch credits, it is impossible to navigate to that option in time to read them without missing at least one frame.  It is extremely annoying. 

We do have the means of looking it all up now, but I would still like to be able to read the credits full screen at a slow stately pace, and without some twattish announcer prattling over the top.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

1 hour ago, msc said:

Ritter I'd seen in a few things (according to his credits, more than I knew I had, he blended into characters) but he felt like he was just getting some recognition last few years for stuff like Chernobyl and Friday Night Dinner and was going to go onto bigger things this decade. Which is the fucker.

20 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes, and while there is ostensibly an option to watch credits, it is impossible to navigate to that option in time to read them without missing at least one frame.  It is extremely annoying. 

We do have the means of looking it all up now, but I would still like to be able to read the credits full screen at a slow stately pace, and without some twattish announcer prattling over the top.

Why oh why oh why...

Been around since 2007 apparently.  The rapid-roll-through of the credits is probably driven by the fact that everybody concerned in a production now gets a credit, which hasn't always been the case. 

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Surprising. He genuinely was a big name of stage and screen. His death’s pissed me off hugely.

I would say for me personally this is the saddest celebrity death in a while that both shocked me and made me say "oh no".Really talented guy who had a tremendous range who although in his 50s it seemed his career had only just peaked in recent years meaning there is a sense he was at the height of success then gone.I think the sudden announcement meant it was like a jolt out of the blue.Have to say I was surprised he was only 54.

• Like 2

Paddy McMahon, British showjumper (Penwood Forgemill) has died aged 87. Oft found on yer BBC screens in the 70's. Was a European championship Gold medallist in 1973.

• Like 1

Norman Stone, whose repertoire includes psychologist, vintner, art collector and benefactor, has died. He was 81 (despite what the URL below says). He would have turned 82 later this month.

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/art-exhibits/norman-stone-san-francisco-psychologist-art-collector-and-museum-benefactor-dies-at-82

• Like 1

Think I heard summat on the news about Prince Philip - does he have a thread?

Prince-Philip-AP.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

This thread is only for famous people.  Not these people nobody has heard of

On 22/02/2021 at 01:05, Salmon Mousse said:

I read somewhere that Prince Philip (Duke of Edinburgh) has been unwell

On 22/02/2021 at 09:45, The Quim Reaper said:

Will he get a QO, do we reckon?

Incredibly, the BBC came through, if anyone needs it?

• Haha 3

On 09/04/2021 at 15:03, maryportfuncity said:

Betty White next number 1 in The DeathList 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 and 2026 (at least)

• Like 2

Australian TV director John Clabburn dies at 52.
He was at his family home in Sydney when he cut his hand with a motorised saw... Oh, my God!

731894064290.gif.84ceb9bb249c35f1c27706311d216132.gif

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/04/09/australian-tv-director-dies-after-freak-gardening-accident/amp/

731567825360.gif.58187fa987bbdabec0fea14356e02061.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

Australian TV director John Clabburn dies at 52.
He was at his family home in Sydney when he cut his hand with a motorised saw... Oh, my God!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/04/09/australian-tv-director-dies-after-freak-gardening-accident/amp/

:clivedunn::clivedunn: