Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Joseph Siravo: The Sopranos and Jersey Boys star dies aged 64

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56716261

I remember him as a very extremely hazardous son of a mob boss full of anger and thirsty for revenge in "Carlito's Way".

Great film.

6329753190.jpg.132e8e31c6f6ddb1aa99aef2d0f462a8.jpg

Thank you, Alex for passing on this information.

• Like 1

American film director and producer Richard Rush dies at 91.
He was well-remembered for "The Stunt Man", for which he received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Director.

652178543270.jpg.7b53121d81ac4c44ab9b7d9e8e572860.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Rush_(director)

527894254360.thumb.jpg.93d44334e3ab3f77aaefd9083a5e4236.jpg

• Like 2

John Pelan, horror writer and editor is dead at 63

• Like 1

632654375750.png.8bb3caf915a350430d5dbc31693ab30b.png

Lee Aaker, famed when he was 11 as the 50s child star of "The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin", has died at 77.

He passed away alone and unclaimed... and was listed as an "indigent decedent". :(

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jioforme.com/lee-aaker-dies-the-adventure-of-the-famous-dog-rin-tin-tin-star-was-77-years-old/341177/amp/

Here with Geraldine Page, John Wayne and Ward Bond in "Hondo" (1953):

532786432170.jpg.379c7a9b7cb514c0381c09c7a09cd862.jpg

I really liked this show when I was a little girl... (when I watched the reruns... I'm old... but I'm not Betty White :P)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, MariNisia said:

632654375750.png.8bb3caf915a350430d5dbc31693ab30b.png

Lee Aaker, famed when he was 11 as the 50s child star of "The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin", has died at 77.

He passed away alone and unclaimed... and was listed as an "indigent decedent". :(

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jioforme.com/lee-aaker-dies-the-adventure-of-the-famous-dog-rin-tin-tin-star-was-77-years-old/341177/amp/

Here with Geraldine Page, John Wayne and Ward Bond in "Hondo" (1953):

532786432170.jpg.379c7a9b7cb514c0381c09c7a09cd862.jpg

I really liked this show when I was a little girl... (when I watched the reruns... I'm old... but I'm not Betty White :P)

He could have beaten out Hank Aaron for earliest DDP hit alphabetically.

22 minutes ago, msc said:

Helen McCrory has died of cancer aged 52. Actress in everything - Skyfall, Harry Potter films, Quiz, Dark Materials, The Queen, Penny Dreadful etc etc. That's a shock!

Helen McCrory dead - Peaky Blinders and James Bond star dies aged 52 - Mirror Online

I quite fancied her in Peaky Blinders, was one of the few things I saw her in where she didn’t play a haughty bitch. Shame 

37 minutes ago, msc said:

Helen McCrory has died of cancer aged 52. Actress in everything - Skyfall, Harry Potter films, Quiz, Dark Materials, The Queen, Penny Dreadful etc etc. That's a shock!

Helen McCrory dead - Peaky Blinders and James Bond star dies aged 52 - Mirror Online

Huge surprise. An actress who's really been at the top of her game over the past decade, as you say, been in everything. Peaky Blinders obviously what she's probably most famous for these days, but she was great as a veiled Theresa May-esque figure in Roadkill last year on BBC1. Great shame she's been cut down in her prime.

• Like 3

I wasn't overly familiar with her work but definitely know the name, very sad and shocking news.

Along with Paul Ritter, that's two shock deaths within the past month of actors seemingly at the top of their game who have both appeared in Harry Potter and James Bond films. I don't believe in the law of threes, but it does make you wonder, who next?

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Who does that leave? Ralph Fiennes?

Robbie Coltrane

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Who does that leave? Ralph Fiennes?

Had me going to imdb to check if Julian Glover had added Harry Potter to his collection (only name actor to appear in Bond, Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who, The Avengers and Game of Thrones) and yep, he was the voice of the giant spider in the second film.

Mind you, as he turned 86 a few weeks ago, he might not count as being in his prime anymore, though apparently he's still acting. Which is cool.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

Had me going to imdb to check if Julian Glover had added Harry Potter to his collection (only name actor to appear in Bond, Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who, The Avengers and Game of Thrones) and yep, he was the voice of the giant spider in the second film.

Mind you, as he turned 86 a few weeks ago, he might not count as being in his prime anymore, though apparently he's still acting. Which is cool.

Misread your answer and thought Ralph Fiennes was 86 and I have felt in a space-time distorsion Where we would be in 2050

5 hours ago, msc said:

521574573450.jpg.273d404bf71bede11fed47dd5ce1bf4d.jpg

And she was Damian Lewis' wife. McCrory married Lewis in 2007 and they had two children. They met in 2003 when they were both starring at a theater production in London. They had recently raised over one million pounds to give health workers restaurant meals during the pandemic. Damian was the person to announce the sad news on Twitter. He said: "I'm heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family".

A talented couple.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MariNisia said:

521574573450.jpg.273d404bf71bede11fed47dd5ce1bf4d.jpg

And she was Damian Lewis' wife. McCrory married Lewis in 2007 and they had two children. They met in 2003 when they were both starring at a theater production in London. They had recently raised over one million pounds to give health workers restaurant meals during the pandemic. Damian was the person to announce the sad news on Twitter. He said: "I'm heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family".

A talented couple.

Tomorrow on BBC1 is the television premiere of Bill the Horrible Histories movie which Lewis & McCrory helped to produce. They both appear she as Queen Elizabeth.  It is very funny but often overlooked 

She played Kate Garraway's "are you ok?" with a classy straight bat in an interview six weeks ago. I'm thinking Kate would have been slightly less reticent had the shoe been on the other foot. RIP, she seemed both a talented and good person, reading between the lines of her luvvie friends' and relations' gushing tributes. She had one of those 'not beautiful yet interesting' faces, like Anna Maxwell Martin, Zoe Wanamaker, Nicola Walker and Miriam Margolyes . I still have never seen Peaky Blinders, but not out of stubbornness.

• Like 2

Breaking News: Walter Mondale is DEAD at 93 years old! 

That is now 7 out of 50 gone in the year of 2021! 

The Death List needs to updated! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1