Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Beside the average age of today notable deaths being 58 years...

On 22/01/2021 at 22:38, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13823879/coronation-streets-norris-cole-malcolm-hebden-retires/

81 year old Coronation Street actor Malcolm Hebden reveals he won't be returning to the show to play Norris Cole as his body is not willing even though the mind is.

One to watch me thinks.

Malcolm Hebden's character Norris Cole will be killed off offscreen reportedly: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9864935/Coronation-Streets-Norris-Cole-killed-away-screen-cast-film-new-funeral-scenes.html

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

42 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Just to be clear though,  Malcolm Hebden is not dead, and neither is his character yet?

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Awe I'm kind of saddened to hear that. I knew he wasn't returning but I liked the idea like with other characters such as Mavis Wilton and Bet Lynch of Norris being out there somewhere doing his thing...!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Awe I'm kind of saddened to hear that. I knew he wasn't returning but I liked the idea like with other characters such as Mavis Wilton and Bet Lynch of Norris being out there somewhere doing his thing...!

Aye, they're missing a trick here - I'm seeing a one-off Christmas spin-off where all these "retired" characters are living in a care home and at Christmas they do Vee Agg Ara and LSD before the turkey!

You could film it in one day on one set - not too big an ask, even for June Brown.

• Haha 1

There's also a rumor about Audreys' possible death. Anyone seen? :o

Bodybuilder, coach, and YouTube personality, John Meadows, dead at 49. He’d had some health problems over the years.

Probably no need, but I wouldn’t anticipate a QO.

• Like 3

Serial comet discoverer and DDP Pick Carolyn Shoemaker being reported dead on the Twitterjibberjabber: 

Awaiting the usual....

Edit: Might be a mix up on the part of the posters as Carolyn's sister in law seems to have a recent obituary....gawd knows, not beyond the realms that they died in quick succession....bloody birdsong...

• Like 2

On 14/08/2021 at 10:47, YoungWillz said:

Serial comet discoverer and DDP Pick Carolyn Shoemaker being reported dead on the Twitterjibberjabber: 

Awaiting the usual....

Edit: Might be a mix up on the part of the posters as Carolyn's sister in law seems to have a recent obituary....gawd knows, not beyond the realms that they died in quick succession....bloody birdsong...

I think this one is true. Another tweet here from yesterday, from one of her friend’s:

Photo must be “fairly” recent. She looks frail in comparison to the 2019 interview with her which is everywhere online.

Media just being slow. She’s definitely a name on a New York Times obit level.

Maki Kaji, known as The Godfather of Sudoku has died at 69

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Maki Kaji, known as The Godfather of Sudoku has died at 69

I've heard about him a lot and about his company Nikoli.

The modern Sudoku was invented by Howard Garns (1905-1989), American 74-year old freelance puzzle constructor at the time who got his Number Place puzzle in the Dell Pencil Puzzles and Word Games magazine in 1979.

The puzzle called "Number Place" was picked in 1984 by Maki Kaji (1951-2021), Nikoli's founder and President. He made the name "Sudoku" and trademarked it.

In 1997 Wayne Gould (1945-) a Hong Kong judge saw a partly completed Sudoku in a Japanese puzzle shop, made a program that creates sudokus, promoted it to The Times in 2004 and after this the popularity spread like wildfire.

Gould's the last one of these three and I am pretty sure he will get obituaries everywhere.

2021 looks like being a bad year for Deathlist with no deaths from the list since April despite COVID.

Fingers crossed for a rush before the year end.

• Like 3

On 14/08/2021 at 10:47, YoungWillz said:

Awaiting the usual....

Finally some confirmation. The Lunar and Planetary Institute have put an obit up for Shoemaker.

Couldn't see him listed but Alex Evans who is a Welsh rugby player has died after a cardiac arrest on the pitch.

BBC

"Sweet" Connie Hamzy, famous groupie mentioned in a no. 1 hit song by Grand Funk Railroad, dead after a sudden illness at 66:

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending/sweet-sweet-connie-hamzy-subject-grand-funk-railroad-song-dead-66/C2KIB3RBJFBRFMEUWX7PPUXKHY/

She also flashed her breasts at Bill Clinton that one time.

• Like 1

Its a lot like fishing First Dud month is ah well there always must be one Death is thristy work and he needs a well earned rest, Second month in a row ah well another one But im shure next month will be fruitfull, Third month ok thart was dissapointing NEXT MONTH is the ticket, Foruth month (becuase yes this will be a dud month nobody on the list has ever died after the 19th of the month wihtout a previous death earlier in the month is C'MON!!!!! somebody bloody die already!!!! Firth moth (becuase OffCOURSE september isnt going to be the one either) is well perhaps Ive been a heartless prick ther're famileis behind those deaths, Sixth month of C'mon that is stupid I'm quitting deathlist!!!

Phil Valentine who is a radio DJ in America has died of Covid after being a skeptic about the vaccines.

NY Times

8 hours ago, De_Seal said:

Sixth month of C'mon that is stupid I'm quitting deathlist!!!

Says the person that's only been a member for 4 days. Hmmmmmmmm. Bye then. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Now i used to say 2 billion people couldn't be wong but the last 2 years it's all they have been

Sandra Richardson, Liverpool poet and activist, died yesterday according to her wife's instagram (Clare Beloved).

Picked in Deadpools here and there, mostly by me, but also by DDT.

19 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Sandra Richardson, Liverpool poet and activist, died yesterday according to her wife's instagram (Clare Beloved).

Picked in Deadpools here and there, mostly by me, but also by DDT.

Clock starts ticking in the Poker Tourney...hopefully not another Axel Khan for you.