Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Clock starts ticking in the Poker Tourney...hopefully not another Axel Khan for you.

Maybe some media outfit will pick up the "poet who was supported by the stars dies" story. Could take a few days though until some celebrity pays tribute or something.

Ah well, the Poker Tourney is a little short, and so the risk is relatively necessary. Axel Kahn actually got a uk.news.yahoo obit, through that url change, but it's in french! (And so fails the DDP criterion)

• Like 1

Looks like August will be the 4th dud month in a row as per rule of thumb no hits before the 19th of a month= no hits atall

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, De_Seal said:

Looks like August will be the 4th dud month in a row as per rule of thumb no hits before the 19th of a month= no hits atall

Aye, Covid has kicked conventional dead pooling wisdom into touch - all the doddering cases stay home and never get sneezed on queuing in the sandwich shop. 

If this continues I suggest the committee limit next year's Drop Fifty entirely to famous fat smokers spotted on anti-vax demos. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, Covid has kicked conventional dead pooling wisdom into touch - all the doddering cases stay home and never get sneezed on queuing in the sandwich shop. 

If this continues I suggest the committee limit next year's Drop Fifty entirely to famous fat smokers spotted on anti-vax demos. 

I don’t quite buy that being the cause of a dry spell, because there’s a flip side to the drop in viruses spreading, and that’s people being less mobile, staying at home and sitting on their arse. Hospitalisations are up for  heart attacks and strokes. Also, early cancer detection has plummeted. The lockdowns that were enacted to supposedly save healthcare systems from short-term pressure have created a new long term crisis.

I maintain that when it comes to DL the longer the "drought" the heavier the rainfall. Theory borne out by following DL for about fourteen years now!

Oh and we're going to have a lot more surprise drop 40 names this decade due to the slower cancer detection during covid.

Tweet reporting the death of bodybuilder Matt Mendenhall, aged 60/61.

A pretty big name in those circles for an amateur. 

• Like 1

Marcus Birks of eurodance/house group Cappella dead aged 40 from covid according to family members on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/gordon.birks.3/posts/1195718300921636

Former covid sceptic, told people to get vaccinated two weeks ago after getting hospitalised with covid: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58167498

Waiting for further confirmation...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, arghton said:

Marcus Birks of eurodance/house group Cappella dead aged 40 from covid according to family members on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/gordon.birks.3/posts/1195718300921636

Former covid sceptic, told people to get vaccinated two weeks ago after getting hospitalised with covid: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58167498

Waiting for further confirmation...

Interesting, was updating my 1989 list, so got a shock when I saw the band mentioned.

Obviously Birks not involved in the classic hit making machine of the period I'm interested in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Interesting, was updating my 1989 list, so got a shock when I saw the band mentioned.

Obviously Birks not involved in the classic hit making machine of the period I'm interested in.

1989 list... hits of 35 years ago... feck! :o:lol:

Yeah I remember the band too but their 90s stuff, not the last few years with this guy.

The original producer Gianfranco Bortoletti apparently re-launched the group in 2013 with a married couple, Lis Birks as vocalist and Marcus Birks as rapper.

Marcus was a "fitness freak" and also some kind of a social media motivational speaker and "spiritual entrepreneur"(https://www.youtube.com/c/MarcusBirks/videos)

Talking of which, thought I'd drop by the official charts site.

Having problems accessing some historical charts. Also, for example, looked for The Beautiful South chart history - page doesn't exist.

Someone au fait with Twitter/Facebook want to tell them? Or is it an issue at my end?

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Talking of which, thought I'd drop by the official charts site.

Having problems accessing some historical charts. Also, for example, looked for The Beautiful South chart history - page doesn't exist.

Someone au fait with Twitter/Facebook want to tell them? Or is it an issue at my end?

It's here: The Beautiful South | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company

Think you've got gremlins in the works, old chap.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hmm, just tried Cliff Richard and got nothing as well.

I'll try a quick clean, restart and see if that fixes it.

Hmm, and it's back apparently.

Best away and finish the 1980s off. Nobody die meantime, right?

• Like 1

Kyle Anderson  - World championship darts player died a few days ago aged 33.

BBC

3 days left for Grim to proove my point and not ax anyone from the list nope from what I can see there willbe still no deaths till October This drought isnt over its Barely two thirds of the way It will be Bob Dole then Jimmy Greaves and Vannessa Redgrave 

11 minutes ago, De_Seal said:

3 days left for Grim to proove my point and not ax anyone from the list nope from what I can see there willbe still no deaths till October This drought isnt over its Barely two thirds of the way It will be Bob Dole then Jimmy Greaves and Vannessa Redgrave 

There’s still another month after this…

Markus Birks - notable Covid skeptic - learned a lesson the hard way: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58376709

40 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Markus Birks - notable Covid skeptic - learned a lesson the hard way: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58376709 

Mr Birks said: "If you haven't been ill, you don't think you're going to get ill, so you listen to the [anti-vaccine] stuff."

Speak for yourself, loser.

1 hour ago, Whitehouse said:

Oh nooos!

Geronimo ded...

Just listened to Geronimo's owner's rant on the telebox news.

With the world on course to burn everyone off the face of it in 50 years, the tragedy of the betrayal of the Afghan people who helped us and the deaths from COVID and let's face it the COVID vaccine, I have little to no sympathy for this woman who had a non-native animal as a vanity project - it's not a priority love. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Just listened to Geronimo's owner's rant on the telebox news.

With the world on course to burn everyone off the face of it in 50 years, the tragedy of the betrayal of the Afghan people who helped us and the deaths from COVID and let's face it the COVID vaccine, I have little to no sympathy for this woman who had a non-native animal as a vanity project - it's not a priority love. 

I feel bad for the animal, ,because I'm me and it didn't choose to be taken to the UK, but I mean, the farmers who lose cattle  as soon as bovine TB shows up (and hell, the working class farm workers whose pay suffers as a result) don't get half the sob stories one furry animal did. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

I feel bad for the animal, ,because I'm me and it didn't choose to be taken to the UK, but I mean, the farmers who lose cattle  as soon as bovine TB shows up (and hell, the working class farm workers whose pay suffers as a result) don't get half the sob stories one furry animal did. 

I was tempted to put in "What's her beef?" :lol:

Expressions of sympathy from Boris apparently, as his lackeys execute the animal. SMH vociferously.