Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

Wikipedia appears to have died.

Been a long time since that happened.

Hack? Tech failure? Overwhelmed with hits because of the news about Bouteflika? :lol:

• Haha 1

John Challis has died. Sheila Ferguson has announced it on Twitter. Explains why he pulled out of public engagements the other week.

Ah, didn't realise there was a dedicated OFAH thread. As you were.

• Like 1

Stephen Critchlow, a well-known voice actor but in addition occasional in person appearances, has reportedly died: 

Various video games. Was also Kenneth Horne in Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Stephen Critchlow, a well-known voice actor but in addition occasional in person appearances, has reportedly died: 

Various video games. Wasalso Kenneth Horne in Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!

Would be Leslie Philips outliving another cast member of Churchill The Hollywood Years if so. (And Anthony Sher played Hitler in that!)

• Like 3

Death Notice for cameraman and cinematographer Mike Humphreyshttp://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/252267/humphreys-mike

Camera on such as Enemy At The Door, We'll Meet Again, A Fine Romance and yes, Beadle's About.

Cinematographer/Director of Photography on Dempsey And Makepeace, Whoops Apocalypse and the first television production allowed by Agatha Christie's estate Why Didn't They Ask Evans? in 1980.

• Like 3

Emmy Award 'In Memoriam' was utter crap. Showcased the musicians scoring the segment more than the names.

Anthony Johnson - not the deadname of the fat trans lass who won the Mercury prize, but rather the actor who appeared in Friday and Lethal Weapon - dead at 55. However, he's better known to those of a certain generation as the guy who played "Sleazy E" in both "Dre Day" and Eazy-E's response track, "Real Muthaphuckkin G's".

23 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Various video games. Was also Kenneth Horne in Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!

Oak Furniture Land Resource | Learn About, Share and Discuss Oak Furniture  Land At Popflock.com

No veneer in 'ere

Pine Wood coffins - Natural Endings funeral Services

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Oak Furniture Land Resource | Learn About, Share and Discuss Oak Furniture  Land At Popflock.com

No veneer in 'ere

Pine Wood coffins - Natural Endings funeral Services

Gotta admit, that is as funny as fuck.

Post of the month.

Matthew Strachan, composer of the Who Wants to be a Millionaire theme, has died 'suddenly' aged 50.

Not much reading between the lines required, sadly.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, time said:

Matthew Strachan, composer of the Who Wants to be a Millionaire theme, has died 'suddenly' aged 50.

Co-composed it with his father Keith Strachan (b. 1944), who also wrote Mistletoe and Wine for Cliff Richard.

26 minutes ago, time said:

If only he'd phoned a friend :(.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

who also wrote Mistletoe and Wine for Cliff Richard

Well that's a hanging offence all by itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal dead in the US:

https://www.geo.tv/latest/372208-renowned-pakistani-actor-talat-iqbal-dies-in-us

He was in critical condition and on ventilator eight days ago but I decided not to mention it in the "hospitalised" thread as he does not have a wikipedia page and I'm not sure if he even has a proper imdb page. However, he must have been famous there as over ten Pakistani news have wrote about his death.

• Like 1

Mike Tagliere, a well-regarded fantasy sports writer, dead from Covid. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HDS said:

Mike Tagliere, a well-regarded fantasy sports writer, dead from Covid. 

FantasyPros is one of the four :rolleyes: fantasy football podcasts I listen to regularly so I’ve known ‘Tags’ for about 4 years now.  As a listener I only knew he ‘was sick’ for over a month (his last appearance on the podcast was Aug 4; he had dealt with heart issues a couple months prior to that as well), but of course my DL antenna said it was COVID.  
The guy was a genius in the fantasy football analyst industry.  He will be missed.

SC

• Like 1

There seems to be a trend recently of drug addictions finally catching up to people in their 50s. Makes you wonder if people like John Frusciante are worth a punt. I'd also keep my eye on Kid Rock who does massive amounts of cocaine according to Steve O

• Like 1

https://news.albousla.ps/arab/amp/616732

Nasser al-Awlaki, Yemeni scholar and politician (once an agriculture minister in Saleh's administration) whose son and grandson were killed in separate U.S. drone strikes in 2011 and 8-year old granddaughter killed in an U.S. raid in 2017 has died. He was in his 70s or 80s. 

4 minutes ago, msc said:

A quick look at the table -  I think that put @Garn2 in the top 3 for the first time in ages. (Poochie's)

A Long Time Coming.

Hey Girl, don't Hideaway your QO....