Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

Kent Taylor, founder and former CEO of Texas Roadhouse has died

• Like 1

Raul Villaronga, a Vietnam veteran who earned a Silver Star for his service, retired as a colonel, later became mayor of Killeen, Texas and, later still, a municipal judge, has died. He was 82.

https://kdhnews.com/news/breaking/former-killeen-mayor-vietnam-war-veteran-raul-villaronga-dies-at-age-82/article_4ca94818-8988-11eb-a93f-d780102dee50.html

• Like 1

Jessica Walter dies aged 80.

• Like 2

I don't suppose there's a table tennis thread as there were only ever two well-known (British) table tennis players after Fred Perry; now there's only one, as Chester Barnes has died aged 74. Regarded as a maverick in TT circles - he drove a pink Jag registration number FU 2 - he took to the holiday-camp circuit on retirement, taking on holidaymakers with a frying-pan.

He was also horse trainer Martin Pipe's assistant, for many years, until Pipe's retirement, then stayed working for Pipe's son David.

Claude Callegari, formerly of AFTV and probably the man who started the "angry football fan shouting on YouTube after the match" trend, has died.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Claude Callegari, formerly of AFTV and probably the man who started the "angry football fan shouting on YouTube after the match" trend, has died.

Gooner

• Haha 1

On 30/03/2021 at 00:00, time said:

I don't suppose there's a table tennis thread as there were only ever two well-known (British) table tennis players after Fred Perry; now there's only one, as Chester Barnes has died aged 74. Regarded as a maverick in TT circles - he drove a pink Jag registration number FU 2 - he took to the holiday-camp circuit on retirement, taking on holidaymakers with a frying-pan.

He was also horse trainer Martin Pipe's assistant, for many years, until Pipe's retirement, then stayed working for Pipe's son David.

Well I can think of 2, Desmond Douglas and Matthew Syed, and I have barely ever watched it.

Yeovil Town captain Lee Collins, only 32 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56604703

"He played his last game for the club on 6 February against Stockport.

" Yeovil, who have not revealed the cause of Collins' death, were due to play Altrincham in the National League on Friday but the game has been postponed."

It sounds like suicide. RIP :(

2 hours ago, Kenny said:

Yeovil Town captain Lee Collins, only 32 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56604703

"He played his last game for the club on 6 February against Stockport.

" Yeovil, who have not revealed the cause of Collins' death, were due to play Altrincham in the National League on Friday but the game has been postponed."

It sounds like suicide. RIP :(

Aye, the suicide chat was started on the Time Out thread a while back. With all due respects to the fearsome Altrincham front-line I'd say the thought of facing them wasn't the cause of any self-offing (assuming that's what it was) :unsure:

1 hour ago, danibliss said:

Scary stuff in here Reading every paragraph.

Thrilling.

Big shock that, must have been a very quick progression.

17 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

He appeared in films Quantum of Solace

Christ you don't want to have been in a James Bond film at the moment!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Paul Ritter (IMDb), English actor, has died aged 54. He appeared in films Quantum of SolaceHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, as well as TV shows Friday Night Dinner and Chernobyl.

Obituaries: Daily MirrorThe IndependentThe GuardianDaily Express.

Shocked and saddened. Terrible, terrible news. Superbly talented actor, comedy and otherwise. Friday Night Dinner’s getting a bit of a hammering what with Frances Cuka and Rosalind Knight also dying this past year :(

• Like 2

Wow.That one is a shocker.Brilliant actor and no age at all :(

• Like 1

RIP . He was excellent in chernobyl and I've pissed myself many a time watching Friday Night Dinner. 

An excellent, versatile actor.

33 minutes ago, Exu said:

RIP . He was excellent in chernobyl and I've pissed myself many a time watching Friday Night Dinner. 

An excellent, versatile actor.

He was great as Dyatlov in Chernobyl, probably overlooked a bit due to everyone else being brilliant in it too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Paul Ritter (IMDb), English actor, has died aged 54. He appeared in films Quantum of SolaceHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, as well as TV shows Friday Night Dinner and Chernobyl.

Obituaries: Daily MirrorThe IndependentThe GuardianDaily Express.

Loved him as the out and out cynic in No Offence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Wow.That one is a shocker.Brilliant actor and no age at all :(

Yeah, it seemed like he was just starting to building some momentum too with Friday Night Dinner and Chernobyl too before the pandemic.