Spade_Cooley

Michael Rosen

Let's all go on a bear hunt for former Children's Laureate and long-COVID poster boy Michael Rosen. Beloved by both British children and American memesmiths, he spent 47 days in intensive care this year, and according to a radio special reuniting him with those who looked after him in hospital he still suffers from constant dizzy spells and is blind in one eye.

• Like 1

Michael Rosen did make a great own this year: 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Beloved by British children.

Can confirm this one from 25+ years ago. Got the opportunity once to thank him for a fair few memorable books/stories from my childhood and he was very gracious and kind about it.

One of the names that are a no go area for me and my deadpools teams, tbh.

• Like 1

He's a brilliant writer - I think the UK had a unanimous sigh of relief when he left the hospital!

• Like 1

On Newscast, discloses he can't see out of his left eye and has problems hearing out of his left ear due to microbleeds on the brain he suffered from COVID infection.

Quite lucid and clearly speaking otherwise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

On Newscast, discloses he can't see out of his left eye and has problems hearing out of his left ear due to microbleeds on the brain he suffered from COVID infection.

Just for the laugh, we should do a poll him vs Keith Richards, i.e. the ageing honest guy doing his best to stay well vs the one every romantic claims to be immortal. 

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Aye, he's done well to recover this much from his illness but he'll have issues for life. 

Still, one on the list of names I could never pick for anything (msc jr would kill me!) so hopefully he wont be troubling other deadpoolers for a while yet.

• Like 3