The Old Crem

Dame Sheila Hancock

In honour of her elevation to the Damehood I thought I would start a thread for her. Looks to still in good health but is now 87 and feels like a future deathlister.

• Like 4

At 87, it's a fair thread. I wouldn't put her on the list for a good few years though.

• Like 2

Seemed a bit behind the curve the last time I heard her on JAM but given her age, that's understandable. She'll be around for a little while yet.

A rheumatoid arthritis flareup would absolutely kill her at her age. She has to keep to a strict diet to keep it at bay and she sounds like she is getting exhausted. 

8 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

A rheumatoid arthritis flareup would absolutely kill her at her age. She has to keep to a strict diet to keep it at bay and she sounds like she is getting exhausted. 

With some simple lifestyle changes and a bit of management she'll be fine. My nan had it for years and bar it being a nasty PITA, it's just another old age ailment - better that than cancer. I assume you mean 'kill' in the figuartive sense, here...

Dame Sheila claims she was fired from Celebrity Gogglebox after she complained about the number of shows with penises she was expected to watch: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11738305/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Surprise-Lord-Snowdons-secret-daughter-Polly-finds-Mr-Darcy.html

She'll be 90 on the 22 February.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Dame Sheila claims she was fired from Celebrity Gogglebox after she complained about the number of shows with penises she was expected to watch: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11738305/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Surprise-Lord-Snowdons-secret-daughter-Polly-finds-Mr-Darcy.html

She'll be 90 on the 22 February.

Probably more like does she really need to watch all this bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1