Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to confound sceptics and be its most powerful yet like a super strong enema in 2024 moreso than recent years equalling or even beating 2020

I've got a very strong feeling and sense that 2021 is going to be just as much a watershed, landmark end of an era kind of year as we embark further into the 2020s.

I think an unusually high number of big and significant names will finally pass away in 2021.

Perhaps even more so than in 2020.A year we can all see as being a big and unusually significant year for celebrity deaths  with icons, legends and big names like Vera Lynn, Barbara Windsor, Kirk Douglas, Sean Connery, Stirling Moss, Olivia de Havilland, Nobby Stiles, Diego Maradona, Jack Charlton and Ruth Bader Ginsburg dying.

Anybody get the feeling that 2021 in terms of not just official deathlist but wider deadpooling of famous people is going to be another unusually momentous end of an era type of year?

Yes I know many will be sceptical despite the enema 'succeeding' in terms of this years famous deaths and will not keep the faith but indulge an irrational fetish for clear minded analysis and faithlessness in 2021 despite  a proven track record  but I really feel my prediction and sense of the year ahead  is just as accurate for the year ahead as it was for the past year.

I think doubters and sceptics will be confounded so please keep the faith and an open mind with regards to the enema!

• Like 5

I would say the opposite, but you do you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Elephant said:

I would say the opposite, but you do you.

I always do.There is no other way to be.:)

I feel as @Lafaucheuse stated that there is an end of a generation of deathlist picks approaching  the end of the line. Betty White,  Prince Philip,  Jimmy Carter  ,Bob Dole,  Bob Barker, Leslie Phillips etc.

I think we may see a repeat of 2018 were a former White House couple both President and first lady die. George and Barbara Bush then and the Carters now. Two deaths in the British royal family is also something I sense the likelihood of with the more obvious candidate being Prince Philip.  A glut of big name  and iconic Hollywood stars mainly born in the 1930s I sense will pass in 2021. 

Time will tell.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Lightning is striking again?

I know and understand that it is counterintuitive for there to be two big years in a row  but I really do reckon 2021 will at least equal and perhaps surpass 2020 in this regard. 

• Like 1

Wonderful snappy title :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if next year, I'll beat my record. So far, this year is my best year.

• Like 1

Let's see: 

- Covid excess mortality will still be a factor for much of this year since vaccine roll-out will take time

- World's population, including its famous people, gradually getting older https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.65UP.TO.ZS

- Early TV era of celebs getting ancient now, and TV rather expanded the celeb population

I expect there will indeed continue to be many famous deaths this year. Not sure how many though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

I guarantee the deathlist will not reach 20 again, ever

The year that the Sun will explode DL will reach 50 hits.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Shocked 1

I think the enema will get even more bigger as the years pass as society has continued to expand since the early TV age. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Never is a long time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ebless said:

I think the enema will get even more bigger as the years pass as society has continued to expand since the early TV age. 

Kind of tes. Although when I am talking about the enema particularly but not exclusively in the context of the official  deathlist I am talking  more about the bigger more significant  end of an era perhaps in some cases and iconic names rather than people who are less impactful or not as bigger  names I totally get were you are coming from. 

I mean over a century or so ago without the technology of film we wouldn't  have Hollywood stars or iconic actors from the golden era like Olivia de Havilland, Kirk  Douglas etc because the technology and circumstances to make them famous in that way would  not exist! Ditto with big names from television.

2 hours ago, drol said:

The year that the Sun will explode DL will reach 50 hits.

49 if it's featuring QE2 that year.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

I think 2021 will be a bad year for political and hollywood death. 

Any particular people in mind?

18 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Any particular people in mind?

No one in particular just a lot of big names are getting increasingly old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I agree. 

While this year was spectacular in every corner with death - it's going to be hard to topple it off. Four oldtimers in their 100s died this year and the rest of the late age of 90s gang closing in to their 100s, chances are some off will die off the next couple of years like Dole or Carter rather than die in a sequence like Kirk, Vera and Olivia did. 

Although, a small prediction from me would be... that... Phillip does actually die in 2021 and they include Queen Elizabeth on the list who could become very ill. 

Or I am wrong, Phillip lives to see 2022 and the Reaper tears through the new list.

2 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

No one in particular just a lot of big names are getting increasingly old.

Yes I agree and certainly think the doubters will be surprised. Mark my words as the saying goes!

12 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I've got a very strong feeling and sense that 2021 is going to be just as much a watershed, landmark end of an era kind of year as we embark further into the 2020s.

I think an unusually high number of big and significant names will finally pass away in 2021.

Perhaps even more so than in 2020.A year we can all see as being a big and unusually significant year for celebrity deaths  with icons, legends and big names like Vera Lynn, Barbara Windsor, Kirk Douglas, Sean Connery, Stirling Moss, Olivia de Havilland, Nobby Stiles, Diego Maradona, Jack Charlton and Ruth Bader Ginsburg dying.

Anybody get the feeling that 2021 in terms of not just official deathlist but wider deadpooling of famous people is going to be another unusually momentous end of an era type of year?

Yes I know many will be sceptical despite the enema 'succeeding' in terms of this years famous deaths and will not keep the faith but indulge an irrational fetish for clear minded analysis and faithlessness in 2021 despite  a proven track record  but I really feel my prediction and sense of the year ahead  is just as accurate for the year ahead as it was for the past year.

I think doubters and sceptics will be confounded so please keep the faith and an open mind with regards to the enema!

I think it's going to be the opposite.  

i think 2021 is going to be a much slower year in terms of high profile celebrity deaths.  

But we shall see.  

Celebrity deaths tend to come and go in cycles, and usually after a big year of celebrity deaths, the subsequent year tends to be much slower.

2009 was one of the biggest years in terms of celebrity deaths, but 2010 hardly had any big names.  I mean, the biggest celebrity death in 2010 was probably friggin' Dennis Hopper (at least in terms of Hollywood deaths)!  Though Corey Haim and Gary Coleman's deaths did dominate the media headlines in 2010 due to their shocking deaths. 

2016 was a hell of a year for celebrity deaths, and 2017 was kinda slow, though we did lose several names.  

I predict 2021 will be the slowest year in terms of celebrity deaths since 2010 (the last year when we didn't get a lot of high profile celebrity deaths).

Right now, everybody's number one pick appears to be Rush Limbaugh.  All eyes are on him.  

• Like 1