Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to confound sceptics and be its most powerful yet like a super strong enema in 2024 moreso than recent years equalling or even beating 2020

So far 2 quick  deaths in succession twice in a row.

Kinda funny since its 2022. Wonder if the rest of the year will do that, 

• Like 4

On 04/04/2022 at 23:06, Lafaucheuse said:

I hope you are !! 

I'm starting  to sense and feel a bowel movement is on its way again soon. Are you getting that feeling too and do you think a toilet  bowl plop is about to happen soon or is it just  me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm starting  to sense and feel a bowel movement is on its way again soon. Are you getting that feeling too and do you think a toilet  bowl plop is about to happen soon or is it just  me?

June Brown

Tom Parker

Estelle Harris

David McKee

Jack Higgins

Not enough for you?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

June Brown

Tom Parker

Estelle Harris

David McKee

Jack Higgins

Not enough for you?

Also Tom Smith.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

June Brown

Tom Parker

Estelle Harris

David McKee

Jack Higgins

Not enough for you?

I had a previous chat with @La Faucheuse about the possibility of a third april hit for the committee.  I have looked back over previous years and there have been three official deathlist committee  deaths in a month before. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I had a previous chat with @La Faucheuse about the possibility of a third april hit for the committee.  I have looked back over previous years and there have been three official deathlist committee  deaths in a month before. 

February 2021 wasn't THAT long, surely? :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I looked  back  much further than that!

Its just funny that you said you looked back over years to see if there's ever been more than 2 hits in a month when the answer is: yes, 14 months ago.

See also July 2007, December 2013, June 2015, December 2016, September 2017 just off the top of my head, let alone no doubt several others.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Its just funny that you said you looked back over years to see if there's ever been more than 2 hits in a month when the answer is: yes, 14 months ago.

See also July 2007, December 2013, June 2015, December 2016, September 2017 just off the top of my head, let alone no doubt several others.

You are an encyclopedia of deathlist ingredients!

September 2017 was the only one I can recall without prompting- probably because if memory serves me right  it was when Hugh Hefner  owner of Playboy AND  Playgirl  which had some very  hot pictures in at times had died. image.thumb.png.1c17c01350d3884f912f795c35dd4b23.png  This one of Burt Reynolds being one of the tamer ones  .. !image.thumb.png.217880422d4d322b2ad7c747a90ac5f1.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

You are an encyclopedia of deathlist ingredients!

September 2017 was the only one I can recall without prompting- probably because if memory serves me right  it was when Hugh Hefner  owner of Playboy AND  Playgirl  which had some very  hot pictures in at times had died. Thisone of Burt Reynolds being one of the tamer ones  .. !

September 2017 had two in one day (Booth and Dawn) plus a DL mainstay (Lamotta) and Hefner dying either side. That's easy to remember.

December 2016 had Zsa Zsa, Richard Adams and Liz Smith in quick succession. 

June 2015 memorably because it was two of my favourite actors (Christopher Lee and Patrick Macnee, who were friends in real life too), as well as one of my DDP d'ohs (Chris Woodward, who I dropped and then he promptly got Stage IV cancer, the sod) and Kirk Kerkorian, who is only remembered because he was such a non-famous DL name! 

December 2013 were all big names - Mandela, Ronnie B, Kalashnikov and Peter O'Toole. Ronnie Biggs had his links to this forum, Kalashnikov had been a tease all year, O'Toole made a lot of people very sad and Mandela was obviously huge.

The 2007 I just remember because older heads kept bringing it up as an example of the year "evening out" during the 2010/11 DLs. Bergman, LBJ's widow, Tammy Faye (who recently had a film made about her) and George Melly all went that month, though the time period sticks in the mind due to a family loss. And Bergman's because he died the same weekend as a good 7 or 8 other big name celebs, and the BBC front page had nothing but obituaries one day, which I've never seen before or since.

They've all got links that make them memorable, whereas, say, May 2019, to check the front page, didn't. So wasn't.

• Like 3

Has anyone recently posted a fancy graph to show how we are doing compared to the last 5 years?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, msc said:

September 2017 had two in one day (Booth and Dawn) plus a DL mainstay (Lamotta) and Hefner dying either side. That's easy to remember.

December 2016 had Zsa Zsa, Richard Adams and Liz Smith in quick succession. 

June 2015 memorably because it was two of my favourite actors (Christopher Lee and Patrick Macnee, who were friends in real life too), as well as one of my DDP d'ohs (Chris Woodward, who I dropped and then he promptly got Stage IV cancer, the sod) and Kirk Kerkorian, who is only remembered because he was such a non-famous DL name! 

December 2013 were all big names - Mandela, Ronnie B, Kalashnikov and Peter O'Toole. Ronnie Biggs had his links to this forum, Kalashnikov had been a tease all year, O'Toole made a lot of people very sad and Mandela was obviously huge.

The 2007 I just remember because older heads kept bringing it up as an example of the year "evening out" during the 2010/11 DLs. Bergman, LBJ's widow, Tammy Faye (who recently had a film made about her) and George Melly all went that month, though the time period sticks in the mind due to a family loss. And Bergman's because he died the same weekend as a good 7 or 8 other big name celebs, and the BBC front page had nothing but obituaries one day, which I've never seen before or since.

They've all got links that make them memorable, whereas, say, May 2019, to check the front page, didn't. So wasn't.

Oh yes I remember there was lots of 'excitement ' in December 2016  towards the end of the year and a few thought Gazza was going off the rails at that time too and might have added a further last minute' hit'.

2005 sticks in my mind for famous deaths although it was well before  I came on here when James and Audrey Callaghan,  Pope John Paul ll and Prince Rainier  all died within a relatively  short space of time. 

Also in 2000 I had a bit of a fetish for listening to or being woken up by Radio 4 On the  hour 2 minute news  update and some weeks it seemed like a big name was dying and leading the headlines everyday- Barbara Cartland and John Gielgud  spring to mind. 

But I have a long way to go to be a real connoisseur of these things like you.

Also I would  need to double check but I think another reason  I especially remember Hugh Hefners death  was because the news  broke in the middle  of the night and I was awake and I think it might have been me who first posted the news on the thread which is a rarity for me. I might be remembering that wrong  but I was definitely online when news broke and posted quickly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Also in 2000 I had a bit of a fetish for listening to or being woken up by Radio 4 On the  hour 2 minute news  update

Disappointingly tame fetish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's been another disappointing months in a disappointing year.

• Like 1

I am getting strong intuitive ' rumblings in my stomach '. I can feel movement brewing-I think we are heading  for a third official hit to make a trio cluster  pretty soon....

• Like 1

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I am getting strong intuitive ' rumblings in my stomach '. I can feel movement brewing-I think we are heading  for a third official hit to make a trio cluster  pretty soon....

No wonder you keep thinking of enemas, eating all these curries, clearly!

• Like 2

On 12/04/2022 at 02:51, TheCemetaryMan said:

Maybe next two hits will be on the same day. Of how this year is going so far.

Be lucky and be the Carters. 

You actually weren't far off in that comment.  Gorbachev and  Bill Turnbull  within a day of each other. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

No wonder you keep thinking of enemas, eating all these curries, clearly!

I actually did have a delicious  chicken  curry a few days ago but it was a divine plate of  homemade spaghetti bolognese  last night that really put satisfied my appetite!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 02/09/2022 at 09:50, Gooseberry Crumble said:

In this instance  I actually wish  I had of been wrong.  The Queen was nowhere near who I was thinking of for the next 'hit'. At least 15 other names other than the Queen  before I would have even considered  choosing her. 

Rest in peace and thank you.

• Like 2

With four deaths in less than two weeks I think the existence of the enema and its intentions are undeniable 

Stock up on your toilet roll ! The enema means business!

Doubting Thomas's  be prepared for a stinky bum!!

• Like 2

Six 'hits' in six weeks amounts to an undeniable increase in sustained  regular bowel activity .

I am also getting a very strong feeling and intuition  that there will be a third October 'hit'. VERY strong 

• Like 1

On 15/10/2022 at 05:25, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Six 'hits' in six weeks amounts to an undeniable increase in sustained  regular bowel activity .

I am also getting a very strong feeling and intuition  that there will be a third October 'hit'. VERY strong 

A third October'hit'- I called it.

My strong  gut instinct and intuition  were onto  something. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A third October'hit'- I called it.

My strong  gut instinct and intuition  were onto  something. 

Do you feel something else ? Like a 4th october hit ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Do you feel something else ? Like a 4th october hit ?

I feel we will have another hit within  the next two weeks which could come in the last few days of October or early November. 

• Like 1