Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to confound sceptics and be its most powerful yet like a super strong enema in 2024 moreso than recent years equalling or even beating 2020

15 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I don’t understand Why people slept on this pick. Of course he’s quite boring but he is famous enough and despite everyone saying he’s fine and looks good, I think he looked really frail in his last appearances. I do think he’ll die before 100. Also, Robert Solow is a stupid omission imo. 
For this summer, I can see Goosebery’s ans Steve’s prediction becoming true but I would be  a bit less enthusiastic and I don’t think the DL will break its records, neither do I see an advalanche of prominent deaths. The thing that I can feel is a rather young and prominent name dying from an accident or a non natural cause in mid-summer (see Naya River, Winehouse, Cory Monteith…). Should it be Jack Harlow or Zac Efron for example I wouldn’t be surprised

DDP  total I feel almost certainly  will surpass itself.  The quality and variety of names is very high in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 19:31, Gooseberry Crumble said:

In terms of the Official DeathList I am now sensing a large  glut of 'overdue'  deaths is pretty imminently.

Really getting that enema vibe in  my gut pretty strongly. 

Looks like my enema vibe  was bang on.

• Like 2

Are you still predicting a busy summer Gooseberry Crumble for both the official DeathList and DDP? I certainly am.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Steve said:

Are you still predicting a busy summer Gooseberry Crumble for both the official DeathList and DDP? I certainly am.

100% Yes . Pool/game runners  will have their hands full especially the DDP. 

13 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

100% Yes . Pool/game runners  will have their hands full especially the DDP. 

Any chance you can direct some of that energy to the Scavvy Hunt - things are very slow there

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Any chance you can direct some of that energy to the Scavvy Hunt - things are very slow there

I will try a bit of enema redirection and see if  it helps with creating a bit of good old redistribution  of deadpooling wealth and fortune!

• Like 3

Well, it looks like Gooseberry feelings about a busy summer were true, a lot of A-list hits lately (Berlusconi, Glenda Jackson, Kaczynski, Pat Robertson, Christy Dignam, Cormac McCarthy…). 3 of them have been breaking news from Le Monde recently which didn't happen a lot. 

I sense an advalanche of important deaths coming and an imminent hit for the list… 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Well, it looks like Gooseberry feelings about a busy summer were true, a lot of A-list hits lately (Berlusconi, Glenda Jackson, Kaczynski, Pat Robertson, Christy Dignam, Cormac McCarthy…). 3 of them have been breaking news from Le Monde recently which didn't happen a lot. 

I sense an advalanche of important deaths coming and an imminent hit for the list… 

It certainly seems that both our  gut feelings , vibes and general instincts/sense on this topic are converging and proving to be correct or bang on the money as some people say.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 20:52, Lafaucheuse said:

- Bob Barker : will go in july.

Close enough. I knew he would die in the summer 

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

14 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Was sure he wouldn’t pass the year ! The choice was right ! 

32 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Any predictions for the end of summer before autumn starts in October?

Alan Greenspan and Joanne Woodward are the predictions my instinct leans towards.

32 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Didn’t get it. Didn’t get the facepalm reaction neither.

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Didn’t get it. Didn’t get the facepalm reaction neither.

Apologies. The way the two statements were worded made it seem as though they were in direct contradiction, but I see now they are not. 

We're exactly 8 months through the year and we already have 12 hits. This is one of our best paces ever.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, polar duck said:

We're exactly 8 months through the year and we already have 12 hits. This is one of our best paces ever.

I think a record equalling or record breaking year can far from be ruled out.

On 26/08/2023 at 19:39, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Any predictions for the end of summer before autumn starts in October?

Alan Greenspan and Joanne Woodward are the predictions my instinct leans towards.

I was sure a hit would come soon. Didn''t expect it to be Al Fayed though. 

I sense an interesting month of september : I feel like a few of the immortals from the immortals thread will finally succumb. For the official list, I sense two more hits in september : one lingerer (whom I suspect could be Woodward or Starmer Smith, maybe the two of them ?) and a forgotten old chap (Ethel Kennedy, Sandy Gall, Cleo Laine or Stanley Baxter ?). For october : Carter's time. I sense some 18 hits in total but I'd be surprised if we equal 2020. I feel a quite slow month of november and a busier last month with some interesting news and deaths (McGowan, Linda Nolan, Kissinger would be all quite at risk imo). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, after some introspection, I would say, the last third of the year will see some DL-favorite passings : Glynis Johns, Eva Marie Saint, Frank Field, Rob Burrow, June Spencer, Napolitano or Day'O Connor maybe ?

A high profile celebrity death wouldn't be too surprising either : Julie Andrews ? Buzz Aldrin ? Liza Minelli ? Bardot ? 

For what concerns young and ill picks, I'd say Jonnie Irwin, Nolan, Doherty and Taylor are safe until 2024. Wouldn't be too surprised if we have some late health scares from the first three of them who would guarantee a top spot for the 2024 list. 

I'd say we will have some surprising "misses" : Chomsky, Attenborough or Farrakhan for example. For what concerns James Whale, I don't think he's in immediate danger but I do think he will either be a miss this year or be a very early 2024 hit following some decline in his condition in late 2023

Finally, I'd say the crowdsources deathlist total of hits will exceed the official DL hits and DDP drop 40 will be around 20. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I sense an interesting month of september : I feel like a few of the immortals from the immortals thread will finally succumb. For the official list, I sense two more hits in september : one lingerer (whom I suspect could be Woodward or Starmer Smith, maybe the two of them ?) and a forgotten old chap (Ethel Kennedy, Sandy Gall, Cleo Laine or Stanley Baxter ?). For october : Carter's time. I sense some 18 hits in total but I'd be surprised if we equal 2020. I feel a quite slow month of november and a busier last month with some interesting news and deaths (McGowan, Linda Nolan, Kissinger would be all quite at risk imo). 

I'm with you on September and some of the lesser discussed overlooked names like Ethel Kennedy or Cleo Laine dying. 

But I think the rest of the year is going to be interesting not just September.  I genuinely feel the rest of the year is going to be very eventful - exceptionally eventful.

In terms of the UK , where this genre is particularly  well known, I think we are going to lose some big well known figures  from the world of television  soap(British , US or Australian soaps as they are all popular and iconic here in the UK) I am not pinning my  prediction on any particular  actors  but could include the likes of Eileen Derbyshire,  John Savident,  Heather Locklear,  Pam St Clement, Tom Oliver .

A significant death in European royalty is also something  I am getting vibes about.  Could be an abdicated monarch ie Queen Beatrix  ,King Albert of Belgium or a senior serving  royal or monarch  eg King Harold Queen Sonja. 

13 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I sense an interesting month of september : I feel like a few of the immortals from the immortals thread will finally succumb. 

I agree with this part. October seems to have a lot of Immortal birthdays (Chamorro, Carter, VS Achwhateverhisnameis) and I really can't see all of them making it.

Let me check:

1 Oct: Chen Ning-Yang, 101, Jimmy Carter, 99

6 Oct: Hu Qili, 94

10 Oct: Zou Yu, 103

17 Oct: Yang You, 106

18 Oct: Violeta Chamorro, 94

20 Oct: V.S. Achuthanandan, 100

21 Oct: Driss Guiga, 99

23 Oct: Zhu Rongji, 95

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@La Faucheuse I meant to add I am increasingly getting a feeling about Bernadette Chirac.  Is there much reporting in France about her these days and her state of health?

Nothing new. Several articles reported She celebrated her 90th bday with her family and her grandson published some tribute but didn’t even  talked about her health or condition. The last interviews of some friends of her were saying that She was « really disminished », which I suspect is a way of saying she can’t talk or walk anymore. Her daughter is taking care of her 24/7 apparently. The fact that she’s still alive is quite unbelievable. I've been saying for a year that she's going to die soon… 

• Like 1

Gooseberry, usually I'd say after 3 years of enema you need to get to A&E asap. But in this case, I think you need to beware next year.

2014 - Richard Attenborough, Robin Williams, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Eusebio, Rik Mayall, Joe Cocker, Jeremy Thorpe, Jack Bruce, Ian Paisley, Donald Sinden, Jaws, Joan Rivers, James Garner, Elaine Stritch, Bobby Womack, Alfredo di Stefano, Eli Wallach, Elena Baltacha, Bob Hoskins, Tito Vilanova, Kate O'Mara, Sue Townsend, Tony Benn, Harold Ramis, Ariel Sharon

2004 - Yasser Arafat, John Peel, Emlyn Hughes, Ronald Reagan, Christopher Reeve, Janet Leigh, Brian Clough, Johnny Ramone, Ray Charles, Peter Ustinov

1994 - Fanny Craddock, Cab Calloway, Taggart, Peter Cushing, Roy Castle, Kim il Sung, Jessica Tandy, Burt Lancaster, Dennis Potter, Jackie Kennedy, John Smith, Senna, Richard Nixon, Kurt Cobain, John Candy, Bill Hicks, Joe Cotten, Telly Savalas, Matt Busby, Cesar Romero

1984 - Sam Peckinpah, Indira Gandhi, Francois Truffaut, John Hexum, Brighton bombing, Leonard Rossiter, Stan from Corrie, Truman Capote, Richard Burton, James Mason, Foucault, Eric Morecambe, John Betjeman, Andy Kaufman, Diana Dors, Count Basie, Tommy Cooper, Marvin Gaye, Arnold Ridley, Ethel Merman, Yuri Andropov, Luke Kelly (Dubliners), Jackie Wilson, Tarzan

1974 -  Jack Benny , PG Wodehouse, Schindler, Charles Lindbergh, Mama Cass, Juan Peron, Pompidou, Bud Abbott, Duke Ellington, Sam Goldwin. 

1964 - Sam Cooke, Herbert Hoover, Cole Porter, Harpo Marx, Gracie Allen, Ian Fleming, Flanery O'Connor, Nehru, Nancy Astor, General MacArthur, Alan Ladd, Peter Lorre

Obviously my in-depth knowledge of big name celebs dries up a bit but there's a clear trend of years ending in 4 having big A list deaths, and a fair few "where the fuck did that come from?" big name demises too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 03/09/2023 at 21:06, msc said:

Gooseberry, usually I'd say after 3 years of enema you need to get to A&E asap. But in this case, I think you need to beware next year.

2014 - Richard Attenborough, Robin Williams, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Eusebio, Rik Mayall, Joe Cocker, Jeremy Thorpe, Jack Bruce, Ian Paisley, Donald Sinden, Jaws, Joan Rivers, James Garner, Elaine Stritch, Bobby Womack, Alfredo di Stefano, Eli Wallach, Elena Baltacha, Bob Hoskins, Tito Vilanova, Kate O'Mara, Sue Townsend, Tony Benn, Harold Ramis, Ariel Sharon

2004 - Yasser Arafat, John Peel, Emlyn Hughes, Ronald Reagan, Christopher Reeve, Janet Leigh, Brian Clough, Johnny Ramone, Ray Charles, Peter Ustinov

1994 - Fanny Craddock, Cab Calloway, Taggart, Peter Cushing, Roy Castle, Kim il Sung, Jessica Tandy, Burt Lancaster, Dennis Potter, Jackie Kennedy, John Smith, Senna, Richard Nixon, Kurt Cobain, John Candy, Bill Hicks, Joe Cotten, Telly Savalas, Matt Busby, Cesar Romero

1984 - Sam Peckinpah, Indira Gandhi, Francois Truffaut, John Hexum, Brighton bombing, Leonard Rossiter, Stan from Corrie, Truman Capote, Richard Burton, James Mason, Foucault, Eric Morecambe, John Betjeman, Andy Kaufman, Diana Dors, Count Basie, Tommy Cooper, Marvin Gaye, Arnold Ridley, Ethel Merman, Yuri Andropov, Luke Kelly (Dubliners), Jackie Wilson, Tarzan

1974 -  Jack Benny , PG Wodehouse, Schindler, Charles Lindbergh, Mama Cass, Juan Peron, Pompidou, Bud Abbott, Duke Ellington, Sam Goldwin. 

1964 - Sam Cooke, Herbert Hoover, Cole Porter, Harpo Marx, Gracie Allen, Ian Fleming, Flanery O'Connor, Nehru, Nancy Astor, General MacArthur, Alan Ladd, Peter Lorre

Obviously my in-depth knowledge of big name celebs dries up a bit but there's a clear trend of years ending in 4 having big A list deaths, and a fair few "where the fuck did that come from?" big name demises too.

As massive a splash in the toilet bowl I am expecting over the next four months I certainly now expect next year to be even more s***ty. Respect to anyone involved in running a pool in 2024 ...but let's not wish time away by spending too much time thinking about 2024. Do not underestimate  just how busy the deadpooling scene is going to be until the end of the year. It is going to be quite a spectacle.

On 03/09/2023 at 08:20, Lafaucheuse said:

Nothing new. Several articles reported She celebrated her 90th bday with her family and her grandson published some tribute but didn’t even  talked about her health or condition. The last interviews of some friends of her were saying that She was « really disminished », which I suspect is a way of saying she can’t talk or walk anymore. Her daughter is taking care of her 24/7 apparently. The fact that she’s still alive is quite unbelievable. I've been saying for a year that she's going to die soon… 

Thanks for your detailed reply. If she is still alive by the end of the year, and my feeling is that is a big if, then I think the  committee should consider her for next years list.

On 03/09/2023 at 15:06, msc said:

Surprised you missed Marlon Brando for 2004

• Like 2