Book

The D-A-CH-DeathList 2024 (page 18)

This is really a sad one... :(

He was a gentleman and very funny, an intellectual with knowledge and interest in pop culture.

And he discovered Kate Bush for the German music market.

A cook and a gay icon.

We really owe him a lot.

R.I.P. Bio.

https://twitter.com/ARD_Presse/status/1418486403567083527?s=20

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Next Hit for the DACH-list, Hit No. 7

Wow, tied with the DeathList! 

Who would have thought that after our slow start... 

• Like 4

Australian soap actor, who grew up in family of german heritage, Dieter Brummer died at only 45 years:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrity-deaths/dieter-brummer-who-played-shane-parrish-on-home-and-away-has-died-age-45/news-story/5738472bbf7d62ea23ecb1d23537d7e6

He was most well known for his work in the Australian Seven Network soap opera Home and Away. He received back-to-back Logie Awards for his portrayal of Shane Parrish. His other acting credits include roles in the Nine Network's Underbelly: The Golden Mile and in Network Ten's Neighbours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Austrian Soap actor Dieter Brummer died at only 45 years:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrity-deaths/dieter-brummer-who-played-shane-parrish-on-home-and-away-has-died-age-45/news-story/5738472bbf7d62ea23ecb1d23537d7e6

He was most well known for his work in the Australian Seven Network soap opera Home and Away. He received back-to-back Logie Awards for his portrayal of Shane Parrish. His other acting credits include roles in the Nine Network's Underbelly: The Golden Mile and in Network Ten's Neighbours.

That's AustrALian actor Dieter Brummer, TTT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, time said:

That's AustrALian actor Dieter Brummer, TTT!

Yes, thanks. you`re right, I corrected it. Born in Australia, but at least he grew up  in a family of german heritage, therefore not totally wrong in that thread. :)

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Austrialian Soap actor, who grew up in family of german heritage, Dieter Brummer died at only 45 years:

I have to crosspost this in the "Home and Away" thread - another early death for that show - it's cursed!

• Like 2

Please let's not start posting things in threads according to people's "descent". Where will that end? 

If Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson died, you could spread it across threads on Turkey, Russia, Germany, France, the U.S. as well as monarchy, Islam and Judaism given his descent. But you just wouldn't. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Please let's not start posting things in threads according to people's "descent". Where will that end? 

If Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson died, you could spread it across threads on Turkey, Russia, Germany, France, the U.S. as well as monarchy, Islam and Judaism given his descent. But you just wouldn't. :rolleyes:

If he died I'd spread it across everywhere. Even the final score videprinter.

• Like 1

Not a death but I thought it might amuse Book and Reptile that I'm tidying up my long list and found I had Mario Adorf's name down FOUR times. Which means four times since 2012 I have seen him crop up in something, googled him, gone "Wow he's still alive" and written his name down, not remembering I had already done it several times before! Whereas he's apparently 90 and still acting.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, msc said:

Not a death but I thought it might amuse Book and Reptile that I'm tidying up my long list and found I had Mario Adorf's name down FOUR times. Which means four times since 2012 I have seen him crop up in something, googled him, gone "Wow he's still alive" and written his name down, not remembering I had already done it several times before! Whereas he's apparently 90 and still acting.

Oh yes, a real A-list celebrity in our countries. He certainly lived, ate and drank well, but looks very fit for his 90 years. I could imagine he would live a few more years. I agree with @msc on that :D

• Like 4

Just now, Book said:

Oh yes, a real A-list celebrity in our countries. He certainly lived, ate and drank well, but looks very fit for his 90 years. I could imagine he would live a few more years. I agree with @msc on that :D

And in about 18 months time, Future Me - "Oh wow, Mario Adorf is still alive, I better write that down somewhere!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cartoonist Martin Perscheid, of cancer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

This is hit No. 8, one more than DeathList.

This is really cool and I never expected that! (But nobody would have expected this general drought that the DL will be without hits for months.)

• Like 1

9th hit with Gerd Müller. He would have been a DeathList-y pick, too.

• Like 3

I remember how when we started this thread some people were joking around how we should include Liechtenstein but couldn't, for lack of known Liechtensteiners?

… well, the princess just died. https://orf.at/stories/3225739/

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, frleon said:

I remember how when we started this thread some people were joking around how we should include Liechtenstein but couldn't, for lack of known Liechtensteiners?

… well, the princess just died. https://orf.at/stories/3225739/

This makes her widower a hot contender for 2022!

Maybe we block a honorary seat for Liechtenstein?

• Like 1

My suggestion for the list, if Liechtenstein is included, would be Wolfgang Haas (1948-) Archbishop of Vaduz (Catholic leader of the whole country) since the creation of the Archdiocese in 1997. Most powerful and known religious leader in the small country.

haas.png.20588184313dcf63f0017279e86a3a5b.pngXH108574.thumb.jpg.48d7c1545ec9ddcecc57d175476eeabf.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arghton said:

My suggestion for the list, if Liechtenstein is included, would be Wolfgang Haas (1948-) Archbishop of Vaduz (Catholic leader of the whole country) since the creation of the Archdiocese in 1997. Most powerful and known religious leader in the small country.

haas.png.20588184313dcf63f0017279e86a3a5b.pngXH108574.thumb.jpg.48d7c1545ec9ddcecc57d175476eeabf.jpg

And an incarnation of ecclesiastical prosperity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Hmm, wow, makes me sad. I kind of liked him. "Died after a quick heavy illness". Sounds like another pancreatic cancer victim.

• Like 2