Charles De Gaulle

Thoughts and Opinions on the 2021 Deathlist

Oh stop moaning everyone! Just see it like this, if you think this list is shit and yours is much better, you can have the gloats come 31 December when you can say you beat the Deathlist at their own game!  Now have a beer and pipe down :D

• Like 5

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

Oh stop moaning everyone! Just see it like this, if you think this list is shit and yours is much better, you can have the gloats come 31 December when you can say you beat the Deathlist at their own game!  Now have a beer and pipe down :D

I will and I’ll enjoy the gloat.

Then the “Committee” will just ignore us again.

• Like 1

Poor list, Quite a few elderly but relatively fine people for my liking. 

pleased Rosalynn Carter has debuted and Loretta Lynn and Queen Elizabeth have returned. 

Not the greatest list. Amazed to see Carlos Menem, Larry King, Tom Smith, James Whale and Glynis Johns didn’t make it, whilst Burt Bacharach, Shane MacGowan, Dick Cheney, Betty Boothroyd and Bernard Cribbins did.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’ve just double checked the list and not found a trace of Whale, Parker or Harding.

Can I speak to the manager please?

Quim Reaper`s inner Karen is unleashed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Been a member on here 12 years and this is one of the most disappointing lists yet. 

Genuinely very deflated by this. 10-12 hits here max.

Time to change the rules and let members who spend the entire year contributing on this Forum decide who features.

We do the equivalent with the crowdsourced  list. 

10 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I would make a bet I will be gloating.Doesn`t worry me what the committee do as it is their list.Just stating my opinion as well I am a Deadpool geek.

Edit:

I am out of beer

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

We do the equivalent with the crowdsourced  list. 

Not really the main reason why we’re here though, is it?

Suspect Sarah Harding may well survive the year and probably last at least another decade, heard nothing to say she was  terminal. James Whale and Tom Parker are surprising omissions however, maybe committee is aiming for higher fruit this year? 

• Like 1

There are a lot of ancient celebrities in this world.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the list appears to be largely an amalgam of randomly selected ones, most without health news that would give any immediate cause for concern.  In fact, those with grim health news seem to have been actively avoided.  Doesn't make much sense to me but, hey, I'm new here.

• Like 2

Just now, Salmon Mousse said:

There are a lot of ancient celebrities in this world.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the list appears to be largely an amalgam of randomly selected ones, most without health news that would give any immediate cause for concern.  In fact, those with grim health news seem to have been actively avoided.  Doesn't make much sense to me but, hey, I'm new here.

Loretta Lynn is a stroke survivor who barely leaves home.

I wonder if my DDP main team will get more hits than the list.I reckon it could.Most of my picks where Deathlisty (Well by previous precedents)

1 minute ago, Salmon Mousse said:

I have had an account for seven years and lurked 3 years before that and think your assessment is pretty much on the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Quim Reaper`s inner Karen is unleashed!

Spoke to the manager. Told me to shut the fuck up. So I bet them a grand I’d beat them instead.

5 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

What do you think of this years Deathlist? I am looking at it right now and I say it could be another 17/50. What do you guys think. 

Btw thanks for messaging me with a copy of the list before everyone, deathlist committee.

Fifteen hits, but my error rate is 62%.

BTW  SHULTZ is misspelled on the splash page.

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Loretta Lynn is a stroke survivor who barely leaves home.

She stays safe at home, then.  Carlos Menem is older and in more rapidly deteriorating health.  There's no way Larry King doesn't die this year.  Jerry Lee Lewis also seems like a better option if they wanted an ancient music legend in that spot.

Captain Tom is there

He was probably offered a vaccine but he were like "well I'll be gone shortly any road"

Should also mention he, along with her majesty and Crosby are on my personal deathlist :):crossbone:

Damn, where is André Maranne???

• Haha 1

Worst list I've seen despite bring here since 2013 as a lurker. Utter shite. So many bvious and famous names in their 40s or younger missed out. 

Yet again the committee's obsession with old people of minor note and sacred cows beats random fact based picks. 

Shane McGowan and not Tom Smith.
I really can't understand how that's possible.
What's the reason?
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Book said:

Damn, where is André Maranne???

And what about Norman Lloyd ? I am disappointed too.

The misses: 

Larry King, Tom Smith, Gorbachev

The interesting:

Rush Limbaugh, Yoko Ono, Doherty